Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 9:33:34 PM EDT
I've already got some speakers, from my older sony Home Theater system.  The receiver bit the dust so now I'm looking for a nice receiver/dvd player.  I'd like one that plays DVD-R's and CD-R's also.  Once again, I'm only looking for a receiver/dvd player, not the whole system with speakers.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Budget? Any other features aside from the media?  2.1? 5.1? 7.1? Dolby? SPDIF?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#2]
harman kardon avr635 and then a DVD standalone. best receiver ever. I have one and couldnt be happier.

jeff
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd feel comfortable paying around $200, not more than $300.  I don't know much about home theater stuff so I'm not sure what the 2.1, 5.1, 7.1 is.  I know that the receiver I'm replacing was a 5.1.  I guess I'd just like the best thing in that price range.  Like I said before, it's gotta play DVD-R's.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
whoops. Far outa your price range. Ignore it.
Jeff
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
harman kardon avr635 and then a DVD standalone. best receiver ever. I have one and couldnt be happier.

jeff

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's just a tad out of my price range.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Denon DRA-685  = teh pwnz in  your pricerange.
Jeff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top