Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/31/2006 8:40:47 PM EDT
www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1607278/posts
The kid was arrested and held by the police for arson and the family is getting death threats

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
this is bullshit!!!

I have about had enough of this....
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]

You know I can feel some new case law comming from the supreme court on these topics.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#3]
1st Amendment!

If you can burn the US flag, you can burn the Mexican flag too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
1st Amendment!

nope, because it's RACIST to burn the mexican flag.  you should know that by now.

if mexicans burned our flag right next to this kid burning their flag, i can almost guarantee that the mexicans would be protected and the american kid hauled off to jail
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't know it was against the law to burn garbage.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:07:58 PM EDT
[#6]
sigh, come on, we all knew this bullshit was comming...  

this is a crock of shit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#7]
If it were an American flag he was burning it would have been "symbolic speech" protected by the 1st ammendment. . . . however when it's the Mexican flag . . . . well we just can't tolerate THAT!!!!!

Country, meet Crapper.  hinking.gif

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#8]
For now it's a joke with stupid kids raising "their" flags.

In a few years is will be MUCH more serious when ADULTS start raising them...no, wait, I ALREADY see mexican flags everywhere around here...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
For now it's a joke with stupid kids raising "their" flags.

In a few years is will be MUCH more serious when ADULTS start raising them...no, wait, I ALREADY see mexican flags everywhere around here...

Seriously, same where i am in CA... crock of shit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Shit storm soon to follow, i cant believe they charged him. They have to understand what will happen.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Total and utter bull shit!  

It seems that the "powers that be" are FORCING this situation to ignite.  As pointed out American flag burning is considered "protected speech" but Mexican flag burning is "arson".

You couldn't write a better script for pushing many people over the line, giving the government a reason to respond TO AMERICANS (not illegals) with force.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I feel a storm a coming
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Color me unsurpised.

Just like the Minuteman who was arrested and his farm given to illegals in a civil suit by the Southern Poverty Law Center because he "scarred them" when the ILLEGALLY TRESSPASSED.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Shit storm soon to follow, i cant believe they charged him. They have to understand what will happen.

May be my brain is fried, but what will happen?

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Fucking bullshit!! Get a fucking lawyer, I mean a real scumbag lawyer from NYU, and claim he was protesting! Case closed.  

This shit is starting to piss me off to the point of well.....!Goddammit! Fuck! shit!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:16:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Fucking bullshit!! Get a fucking lawyer, I mean a real scumbag lawyer from NYU, and claim he was protesting! Case closed.  

This shit is starting to piss me off to the point of well.....!Goddammit! Fuck! shit!

This shit need major major firemissions.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:19:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Alicia en El País de Las Maravillas.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:22:58 AM EDT
[#19]
And they let people who burn the American flag walk, I guess???

That kid should get a medal.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:24:32 AM EDT
[#20]

I don't particularly care who burns what piece of cloth, but why is it arson if it's the mexican flag and free expression when it's the US flag?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:25:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Arson only? I'm wondering when the Federal Civil Rights violations and hate crime enhancements will be added to the charges. VIVA BUSH!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:52:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Was it his flag? Did he burn his own property? If so then I dont see how it could be arson.

If he took it from someone else and burned it though then he deserves to go to jail. You dont burn someone elses property and get away with it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:09:59 AM EDT
[#23]
if this is the one where he pulled down someone else's Mex flag that the someone else ran up the flagpole, then he is burning someone else's property.

So, when will they bring theft charges against whoever took down the US flag?

Anybody have an actual news source?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:17:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Mexico will regain CA, AZ, NM, and TX without firing a single shot.
Washington, Monroe, Madison are doing massive cartwheels right now...sickening

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:27:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:30:40 AM EDT
[#26]
This shit is really starting to make my blood boil.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:36:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Was it his flag? Did he burn his own property? If so then I dont see how it could be arson.

If he took it from someone else and burned it though then he deserves to go to jail. You dont burn someone elses property and get away with it.

Jail?  Arson?
The flag was not his,but it did not belong on the flag pole.
If he took the flag and did not burn it, but instead threw it in the trash, it would not have been a felony.  

If anything, he should get a small fine for burning garbage without a permit or something.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:42:49 AM EDT
[#28]
I know, as usual I have to go against the usual wailing, and teeth gnashing, on ARFCOM.

The article is light a few relevant facts.

Who owned the flag? (He can burn as many Mexican flags as he wants, as long as HE OWNS THEM)

Where was the flag? (ie was it in a classroom or other area that prestented an unreasonable risk of spreading?)

The death threats thing is out of line. Of course some people may be equating it to cross burning done by the KKK. And reacting to what they feel is a racist act.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:57:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:01:31 AM EDT
[#30]

speechless
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:03:45 AM EDT
[#31]
The ONLY justification I can see for this is that the flag was someone else's property.

I still wouldn't prosecute.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:06:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Its a wonder they arent touting this a "hate crime", and demonizing the boy who burned the Mezz-can flag as a junior- nazi -grand- wizard.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:07:45 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
1st Amendment!

<ARMCHAIR LAWYER MODE>

It is legal to burn YOUR US or Mexican flag

It is technically arson to burn SOMEONE ELSE'S FLAG
</ARMCHARI LAWYER MODE>
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:10:07 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... Actually willing to donate cash to the cause. This kid is in the next town over.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:20:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Prediction: Another long thread with people who bitch and complain about the illegal immigrant issues yet sit back on their lazy asses and do NOTHING.

Question: If this is happening in or near your town then what is your excuse for not getting out in YOUR community and raising your voice?

Sad. VERY sad.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:20:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Typical, just fuckin' typical.

No one gets arrested for burning an AMERICAN flag but if you burn the POS Mexican flag they throw the book at you, He musta been white
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:21:50 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

... Actually willing to donate cash to the cause. This kid is in the next town over.

I'm willing to donate for a pile of Mexican Flags!!!!!!

I wonder what they would do if 100 of us showed up at that school and burned mexican flags?

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:23:50 AM EDT
[#38]
I wonder if the ACLU will take the case?  won't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:29:58 AM EDT
[#39]
I wonder how the Mexicans came to wield such power over the lawmakers and top dogs...

we need to boot them out of the office.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:35:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Was there a name and address on the flag identifying the owner?  If not it was abandoned. He disposed of it.

rj
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:36:38 AM EDT
[#41]
He did not own the flag, so it would be arson. However, I wonder if there is some excuse because it was raised higher than the US flag, and therefore had to be destroyed.

Maybe some people should buy a bunch of Mexican flags, go to the school and burn them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:41:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Sign me up.  Its time for Mexican flag burning party.  Uhhhhh.... hold on.   I gotta wipe my ass with a few of these first.  Burning shitty mexican flag will be more fun.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:41:09 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I wonder how the Mexicans came to wield such power over the lawmakers and top dogs...

They are standing up for what they believe in.

Us patriotic Americans are doing nothing.

Who would you fight for???
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#44]
<coc> prevents me from saying what i am thinking.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:01:42 AM EDT
[#45]
and now he as lost his right to vote and own firearms for the rest of his life
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:06:14 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Every damn one of them, republican and demofag!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

The authorities are determined to make "an example" of this kid.  If he gets convicted of a felony, the USMC may also reject him.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The authorities are determined to make "an example" of this kid.  If he gets convicted of a felony, the USMC may also reject him.

You're assuming that they can find a jury that would actually convict him.

USMC might also make an exception if you told them exactly what he did.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Mexico will regain CA, AZ, NM, and TX without firing a single shot.

Over my dead, brown skinned body.

Washington, Monroe, Madison are doing massive cartwheels right now...sickening

I would belive it.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#50]
it is the powers to be that are testing the waters...they can charge the kid and get away with it...they can look the other way at illegals and get away with it, they can prosecute a citizen, taxpayer and land owner and take his land away and give it to law breaking illegals and get away with it...

We will witness Americans being shot and the illegals getting away with it while honest citizens defending and ready to die for  this country will be prosecuted and found guilty when they shoot the intruders...and the powers to be will get away with it...

When it is realized the good people will do nothing, then oppressive government will step in to "restrain" the chaos by confiscating property, guns, valuables, etc...from those good people

People will deny the threat until the threat consumes them...

After all, it can't happen in America      
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top