Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 7:00:29 PM EDT
...Personal income taxes are prohibited by the state constitution!!

I lived there for 20 years and and never appreciated not having a state/city income tax until I moved to NYC.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I lived there for 20 years and and never appreciated not having a state/city income tax until I moved to NYC.

good god! why would you ever move from TX to NYC?  please tell me it was a SHITLOAD of money and you will leave as soon as you're done wiping your ass on the city
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I could never move to any place less free than where I am at now.  Not even for money.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I could never move to any place less free than where I am at now.  Not even for money.

+1, hell no
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:41:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

good god! why would you ever move from TX to NYC?  please tell me it was a SHITLOAD of money and you will leave as soon as you're done wiping your ass on the city

because of a really hot TX girl that was moving up here...it was worth it

i'll go back eventually but i dont feel like i'm done here yet
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:51:19 AM EDT
[#5]
What is it about Texas women
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:58:54 AM EDT
[#6]
True there is no state incaome tax in Texas. But Texas rapes you on your homeowners annual property taxes. I live in Texas and pay about $17,000 a year in property taxes on my house. Depending on where you live in Texas, you're gonna pay about 2.25% to 3.25% of the value of your house annually in property taxes. I just moved to a 2.30% county after being raped hard on taxes in a 2.97% county. Everyone I know is really getting fed up on the property taxes here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:10:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What is it about Texas women

If you have to ask...    there is no hope for you.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
True there is no state incaome tax in Texas. But Texas rapes you on your homeowners annual property taxes. I live in Texas and pay about $17,000 a year in property taxes on my house. Depending on where you live in Texas, you're gonna pay about 2.25% to 3.25% of the value of your house annually in property taxes. I just moved to a 2.30% county after being raped hard on taxes in a 2.97% county. Everyone I know is really getting fed up on the property taxes here.

That is no shit.  But Gov Goodhair is going to drag the leg back into special session and fix it for us.  Or that's what he says.  And the male cheerleader from A&M would never say something that wasn't true.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Move to Maryland, 7.5 percent income tax AND high property taxes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top