Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 3:24:22 PM EDT
Hey all, quick question.  My folks know of my interest in knives, but I like the newer stuff.  However, they have a chance to bid on them tomorrow morning possibly get a good price.  I have kind of fallen out of collecting for a little while, and even when I was, I couldn't tell you the value of any of these.  All I to work with is this picture, sorry no other details, but if one jumps out let me know.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Come on guys, anyone.  I'm thinking about having them bid on the green bone one and maybe the two jack-knives in the upper left hand corner.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The yellow handled stockman knife (upper left) looks like it could be an older Boker.  If so, they have great steel.  As far as worth...  ?????
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The yellow handled stockman knife (upper left) looks like it could be an older Boker.  If so, they have great steel.  As far as worth...  ?????

The yellow handle jack-knife and the one to it's immediate left, looks like a Case, are the ones that hold the most interest to me.  I'm also going to have them bid on the one with the green bone scales cause it looks cool

I'm just hoping that none of the other ones are some super rare, mountain lion skinning, neptune knives, that I will be passing up on.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:18:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Turns out the green bone handle one is a boker, they are there now and are going up to $25.00 for it.  The rest don't have any real markings except the one to it's immediate right with the ivory type handle.  My pop says he can't read it without a magnifying glass though.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#6]
According to him none had any marks, but it does look like there is something on the one's hilt.  I have a call out to him, but it is probably a little too late.  They are on Eastern time and I think the auction began at noon their time.  Guess I'll have to wait and see.  Anything on that Boker?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#7]
www.bladeforums.com/forums/

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#8]
if i remember correctly the black handled dagger is a german ww2 era  Nazi SS or SA knife and the bayonet look's as if its a german k98 bayonet. maybe im just imageining things but thats what they seem to be,IMO

-Russel
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
if i remember correctly the black handled dagger is a german ww2 era  Nazi SS or SA knife and the bayonet look's as if its a german k98 bayonet. maybe im just imageining things but thats what they seem to be,IMO

-Russel

That's what I thought too, especially based on the handle shape. Could be a reproduction though, then it wouldn't be worth much.

Yeah, i also thought it could be a repro but its also strange theres no wehrmacht eagle on it or the sheath so thats when i started to doubt it being a repro but you never know how much some one could  of taken it off the sheath
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Just talked to my dad, he is gonna take a closer look right now.  They haven't been auctioned yet...

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Russel

That's what I thought too, especially based on the handle shape. Could be a reproduction though, then it wouldn't be worth much.

Yeah, i also thought it could be a repro but its also strange theres no wehrmacht eagle on it or the sheath so thats when i started to doubt it being a repro but you never know how much some one could  of taken it off the sheath

OK, first, the dagger.  Pop doesn't think it is nearly old enough to be an original, very little wear.  Oh yea, and it says "Germany" on the blade.    I'm gonna go with reproduction on that one.

The bayo seems to be legit as far as age, at least that is what he seems to think.  On the hilt, or lug ring, it is stamped OPED with a serial number.  Don't know what the OPED referes too.  I'm gonna have bid up to $20.00 for it.  

I know bayo's are a dime a dozen, but who knows.  Could be something there.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Alright, last details:

Bayo has matching serial number on blade and scabard - 179XX.  Blade is stamped "OPEAW3EHE", in a crescent with a the # "44" under the crescent.

Dagger has "Black Panther" on blade, over the "German, Solingen".  Serial # "0XX".  Still thinking it's a junk repro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top