Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 1:46:43 PM EDT
I was in a gun store today looking at a bushy and a guy walks up to me and says "you can't put food on the table with that thing"

so I say what?

he replies "you cant hunt with that"

I said your right you can't and rulled my eyes at him

then he says "so why bother"

me: i like them

him:  how will you feed your family?

me: wal-mart buddy

Him: what if something happens (meaning a shtf scenerio)

me:  dude I never seen a cop in the middle of the woods especially a cop with knowledge of hunting regulations and if it came a shtf scenerio  such as feed my family or surrender my rifle to a cop  needless to say

we'll be eating deer with a side of bacon

the guy left in a hurry with no other remarks

my point was made

I hate a**holes

ok I am vented like my sks handguard

bye
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I always just say, "I don't hunt, I just like them in case some asshole starts bothering me"
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I always just say, "I don't hunt, I just like them in case some asshole starts bothering me"

lmao thats a good one
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Right now, on some hunting board on the internet some crotchety hunter is posting about how much AR's suck and how their owners are weird and homocidal.

Then all of those other crotchety hunters say "+1"
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate semis.  They get in the left lane and go slow.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Right now, on some hunting board on the internet some crotchety hunter is posting about how much AR's suck and how their owners are weird and homocidal.

What board is this? I detect a fire mission coming up.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

there are alot of people with negative remarks about the AR-15 and it is pissing me off

There is only one negative comment about the AR that is confimed and it is...

the .223/5.56 is known for over penetrating

I have heard plenty of nam and iraq veterans complaing the the AR is putting the bullet right through the body and the enemy keeps running/fighting

Ialso read somewhere that there was a gunfight in iraq where the marine had dumped the last few rounds of his last mag into an iraqi and the iraqi just kept on firing through his door way and then he too ran out of ammo so the marine and iraqi went hand to hand so an embedded reporter picked up a ak47 and dropped the iraqi where he stood

and in shotgun new there was an article saying that the US will be developing a heavier 5.56 round
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I hate semis.  They get in the left lane and go slow.

I got my side mirror knocked off by a semi truck
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I killed a whole mess of rabbits with my AR. When we walked back to our vehicle we passed another guy getting ready to go rabbit hunting. He had a lever action of some sort

First thing he asked was if our ARs were full auto. And something about hunting jacks with an M16. We explained they weren't full auto and that the .223 was an excellent varmit round.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#9]
"Sir, do you have any idea what a firefight between men with bolt action rifles and men with military-pattern semi-auto's would look like?"
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I killed a whole mess of rabbits with my AR. When we walked back to our vehicle we passed another guy getting ready to go rabbit hunting. He had a lever action of some sort

First thing he asked was if our ARs were full auto. And something about hunting jacks with an M16. We explained they weren't full auto and that the .223 was an excellent varmit round.  

makes sense being that the iraqi's are like prarie dogs popping out and in there holes

btw who in the hell teaches them random iraqi's how too shoot my cousins bf is in iraq and he just took a round in the ankle

WTF? the ankle?

he is ok and laughing about it now but i mean do they all use the spray and pray method?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
"Sir, do you have any idea what a firefight between men with bolt action rifles and men with military-pattern semi-auto's would look like?"

a bunch of guys with bolt actions cherring, jumping and screaming victory
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#12]
C-4 thats a clasic one, i am going to have to use it

honestly when ever sombody brings something incredible ignorant , i tend to say something equaly dumb, like, no way you can use an ar15 hunting, you just have to use those armor piercing bullets, those suckers can drop a 12 point at 500 yards

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends on the range they are at. 600 + yards I would give it to the bold guys. under 200 yards or cqb, semi's of course.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
C-4 thats a clasic one, i am going to have to use it

honestly when ever sombody brings something incredible ignorant , i tend to say something equaly dumb, like, no way you can use an ar15 hunting, you just have to use those armor piercing bullets, those suckers can drop a 12 point at 500 yards

lol

I should of said i can hunt with an ar, i do it all of the time you just have to make sure the deer has a permit to be killed by an ar15 first or the deer's family will take you to court
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends on the range they are at. 600 + yards I would give it to the bold guys. under 200 yards or cqb, semi's of course.

true
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless some of those ARs are AR10s and SR25s.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

true

Unless of course those guys with the bolt actions are the deer hunters I see at the range.
A full 20 rounds to get sighted in on a pie plate at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:]

Unless of course those guys with the bolt actions are the deer hunters I see at the range.
A full 20 rounds to get sighted in on a pie plate at 100 yards.

My favorite was the guy with the 300 Win Mag and the big 'ol scope who asked me if it was possible to adjust where the scope would aim.

And yes, I was nice and told him how to do it.  At least one bubba has a positive image of us EBR shooters.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#19]
My reply:

"Actualy sir it is quite useful for hunting two legged varmits."
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I had an Elmer Fudd say that about hunting to me one day at the range while I was shooting one of my AR10s.  I just asked him: "when did .308 become unsuitable for hunting?".  He was aghast that the evil rifle was in an even bigger caliber than he thought.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#21]
sometimes when i run into fuds at a range, when they give me a snooty remark, i ask them what there there nolt gun can do better than my ar10, i then proceed to shoot circles around them untill the either shut up or leave
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

and complaining that once every year when they go to the range to sight in their gun for hunting season, some guy with an AR out shoots them
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I tell them 'I don't hunt animals'
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#24]

an embedded reporter picked up a ak47
for the most part, I do not believe that ever happened. every reporter I've met or known in my life (including 12 years in radio) were all pussy/hippy/liberal types that couldn't, or wouldn't, know how to save their own life, let alone another person's life.

That said.. IF it really happened, then GREAT for the reporter. Too bad there weren't more like him/her.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

for the most part, I do not believe that ever happened. every reporter I've met or known in my life (including 12 years in radio) were all pussy/hippy/liberal types that couldn't, or wouldn't, know how to save their own life, let alone another person's life.

That said.. IF it really happened, then GREAT for the reporter. Too bad there weren't more like him/her.

I cant remember where i seen it or heard it.  there was also more to the story but i cant find it
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I was in a gun store today looking at a bushy and a guy walks up to me and says "you can't put food on the table with that thing"

so I say what?

Him: we'll be eating deer with a side of bacon

ME: Ill be eating your well fed family

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I cant remember where i seen it or heard it.  there was also more to the story but i cant find it

Mike New's blog???

IIRC, it wasn't an AK.  The squad was running after some fleeing insurgents and followed them into an alley where they were ambushed from a storefront.  The SL went down hit in the legs and was pinned down in the alleyway.  The reporter took an M4 from a troop who froze.  When he fired at the BG, he missed and hit a propane tank that came shooting out into the alley.  Meanwhile, a third troopran in and went had to hand, subdued the BG and drug him out into the street.  The reporter was a retired soldier.  There were photos too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

me: wal-mart buddy

I usually reply  "I've got 3 year of food, water and 10,000 rounds for this rifle to keep the rest of you out."

Then they say something like "Wow, well if something happens, I'll come stay with you."

To which I reply,  "You look too heavy to bury.  I'd just let you rot on the lawn."

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The guy was a former marine.  the unit he was with was attacked by Insurgents.  The sergent was fighting hand to hand in a restuarant just around the corner.  one US guy was down and 2 US guys were standing frozen.  He grabbed the fallen solider's M16 and joined the fight.

After ward he was told that if he EVER touched a weapon again, he would be sent home.

It was on a BLOG I saw from either MSNBC or FOX news.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy was a former marine.  the unit he was with was attacked by Insurgents.  The sergent was fighting hand to hand in a restuarant just around the corner.  one US guy was down and 2 US guys were standing frozen.  He grabbed the fallen solider's M16 and joined the fight.

After ward he was told that if he EVER touched a weapon again, he would be sent home.

It was on a BLOG I saw from either MSNBC or FOX news.

bingo thats it
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

so I say what?

Him: we'll be eating deer with a side of bacon

ME: Ill be eating your well fed family

lol
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Everytime I hear "you can't use that for deer hunting" I respond with sure I can.

I have used a AR15, HK91, FAL, M1 Garand, and AUG for deer hunting.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:22:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know Micheal Yon "got some" as an embedded reporter saving the lives of a SGM and Lt Col in Iraq.  He is ex-army though and not a typical libtard reporter.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Everytime I hear "you can't use that for deer hunting" I respond with sure I can.

I have used a AR15, HK91, FAL, M1 Garand, and AUG for deer hunting.

Can I please have your HK91?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top