Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 12:18:12 PM EDT
After 7 years of helping cops as a volunteer the Boise PD is going to get me a pair of Nikon 16 power stabilized binoculars for the aircraft. I jokingly think they are to aid me in reading the 12pt numbers the Ada county sherriff put on their car roofs to "help" me ID the units! Does anyone have any experience with these? The Idaho ANG lent us two Canon stabilized binoculars 6 years ago but I can't remember what we thought of them. One was 10X30 and the other 15X50 I think. Anyway, what can I expect?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Canon 10x30s.  Keep fresh batteries in them and they are great.  Some times it take a few seconds for them to capture some data points and then image locks.  

I'd buy them again.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Tried the Nikon, Canon, and Fujinon.

Spent the money on the Fujinon, with added polarizing filters. They're just that bit more stable. But they all work, and work well.

The Fujinons are completely waterproof and a bit more shock resistant, which matters for my boat usage but probably not your plane usage. But they are the ones the USN opted to buy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Guys.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Tried the Nikon, Canon, and Fujinon.

Spent the money on the Fujinon, with added polarizing filters. They're just that bit more stable. But they all work, and work well.

The Fujinons are completely waterproof and a bit more shock resistant, which matters for my boat usage but probably not your plane usage. But they are the ones the USN opted to buy.

We have a few pairs at the squadron.  We got rid of the P-3's but still have a bunch of the gear laying around here and there..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top