Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 8:04:52 AM EDT
Ok, this has been driving me nuts for the last couple of days.  Discovery channel has a new commerical for 2 of their shows, "I shouldn't be alive" and "Deadliest Catch".

WHAT SONG IS PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND?

It's a woman singing, and it kinda sounds like Evanescence but who knows...  

EPOCH
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Bon Jovi - Dead or Alive

that's for deadliest catch- i dont know about the other one
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:40:06 AM EDT
[#2]
BTT... just saw it again.

Has lyrics that go something like "only time can tell...blah,blah,blah,blah, I run (to/for?) you..."

EPOCH
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#3]
BTT...

someone's gotta know what song this is

EPOCH
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#4]
community.discovery.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/8671928318/m/2871977028

Glad to hear you like our song. It was written and produced especially for The Discovery Channel. Composed by David D. Cebert. The singer is one of our studio singers, named AMANDA. She’s 18. So far, the song doesn’t have its’ own title (perhaps “RUN TO YOU” would be appropriate). The song is not on our website (cue11.com) because it is owned by The Discovery Channel. However, there are many new indie artists that we have signed recently that appear on our website. Please feel free to search them out and enjoy listening to their music.

FYI.

Should be out soon... I'd like to see the commercial though.

ETA:

Commercial    

www.geocities.com/discoverycommercial/index.html?1140715921070

10mb version;

media.putfile.com/Full-discovery-commercial
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag, because once upon a time I saw a site that listed commercials and the songs used in them, and maybe somebody will post a link to it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Song was created for the commercial, not a full version.  Community forums at discovery.com have some info, and Discovery Channel has gotten enough requests that they are going to produce a full length version.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, this had been driving me nuts!

EPOCH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top