Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2006 8:19:24 PM EDT
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5734528875668338561&q=iraq&pl=true

Looks to be out of a Suburban or something with someone with a SAW or something, are these contractors, cough mercs cough
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
what kinna software do i need for this
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
are these contractors, cough mercs cough

I was going to answer your question until you decided to belittle those fighting along side our troops.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
what kinna software do i need for this

Its googles... Just load the link
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was going to answer your question until you decided to belittle those fighting along side our troops.

+1
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was going to answer your question until you decided to belittle those fighting along side our troops.?????They were always too busy guarding high profile targets for alot $$$. They are usually to busy to be getting dirty fighting, usually just going to point B from A.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]
... Unbiased observation.

... The shooting of the speeding car @ ~2:04 looks suspicious to me - but I wuddent there (as much as I wish I were at times)
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Now I wonder if the folks comming up behind know its a military vehicle? I can see not wanting to drive up behing a military vehicle but I just wnder if the guys have any markings on it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not sure what to make of that...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was going to answer your question until you decided to belittle those fighting along side our troops.?????They were always too busy guarding high profile targets for alot $$$. They are usually to busy to be getting dirty fighting, usually just going to point B from A.

Had a buddy over there and he said they DO NOT fight along side them. I am glad some of our vets are over ther making some cash using their knowledge though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5734528875668338561&q=iraq&pl=true

Looks to be out of a Suburban or something with someone with a SAW or something, are these contractors, cough mercs cough

The locals could not read the sign in two languages that says........................

Stay back 100 meters or be shot!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#12]
The vehicle states to remain a certain distance behind or you'll be shot at.  IIRC, they are British.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#13]
 I hate to be one to second guess......but it looks like murder to me
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#14]
And I thought my drive to work sucked.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Wow you gathered that just from that vid? You have the whole complete story?

Oh dead God if I ever need a jury, please dont let folks like that get picked. Sorry but it can look like lots of things from what we have been shown. If they had no clear marking to keep away, thne I would call it a horrible mistake. Now if they purposely took markings down just to get folks to get close so they could shoot, then murder would be an appropriate term.

Please tell us how you know the full details to make judge it murder?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Our enlisted do the same thing the Iraqis know this.  You itching to be the victim of a suicide bomber, then quit second guessing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow you gathered that just from that vid? You have the whole complete story?

Oh dead God if I ever need a jury, please dont let folks like that get picked.

I know it's a war zone with the dangers of vehicle IED's but I don't think it justifies shooting up ANYONE who may be behind you.

But then again, I'm not there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

But then again, I'm not there.

Thats why I was harsh on you for saying it looks like murder.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Look here for more:  www.aegisiraq.co.uk/Trophy%20Video%20Page.htm

I stand behind these contractors no matter what.  You are not there, cannot see or know what they do, and unless you've been there in combat, then your opinion is shit.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Our enlisted do the same thing the Iraqis know this.  You itching to be the victim of a suicide bomber, then quit second guessing.

as someone said, there are big signs on the back of the vehicle that says "STAY BACK 100 METERS OR YOU WILL BE FIRED UPON" in two different languages.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Look here for more:  www.aegisiraq.co.uk/Trophy%20Video%20Page.htm

I stand behind these contractors no matter what.  You are not there, cannot see or know what they do, and unless you've been there in combat, then your opinion is shit.  Sorry.

TAGOLA

thank y
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#23]
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/11/27/wirq27.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/11/27/ixworld.html

Maybe you should read the linked article before you decide that these were rightous shoots.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/11/27/wirq27.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/11/27/ixworld.html

Maybe you should read the linked article before you decide that these were rightous shoots.

Maybe you should watch the unedited vids.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

telegraph.co.uk now there's a credible source!

Sayyyy, I recently got an email from a prince in Zimbabwe that needs to get some money into the country… You could make a pretty penny helping him out.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sayyyy, I recently got an email from a prince in Zimbabwe that needs to get some money into the country… You could make a pretty penny helping him out.

Whatever.  This is old news.  Not everyone in Iraq can read.  There is/was no escalation of force, i.e., non-lethal, green star clusters, smoke.  Even our troops are told to not just open fire.  Most contractors are driving civilian vehicles so they blend in - of course Iraqis end up driving up on them!  This video is questionable as are the others.  What's worse is that this bullshit ends up doing more harm then good when our enemies use it as propaganda.  Don't be lulled into thinking that the insurgancy ranks are filled with blithering idiots.  Oh, and before I get the "how would you know unless you've been there?" speech let me state that I do know, I've been to that shithole twice.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever.  This is old news.  Not everyone in Iraq can read.  There is/was no escalation of force, i.e., non-lethal, green star clusters, smoke.  Even our troops are told to not just open fire.  Most contractors are driving civilian vehicles so they blend in - of course Iraqis end up driving up on them!  This video is questionable as are the others.  What's worse is that this bullshit ends up doing more harm then good when our enemies use it as propaganda.  Don't be lulled into thinking that the insurgancy ranks are filled with blithering idiots.  Oh, and before I get the "how would you know unless you've been there?" speech let me state that I do know, I've been to that shithole twice.

I agree.  A white SUV doesn't stand out like a boxy green/tan looking HMWWV with a ma-deuce pointed at you.   Those local nationals drove up on them fast because the SUVs blended in with the rest of traffic.

If they weren't AIF before, you can bet they are now.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#28]
This is so damn old , why is it come up again now?  I really hate second guessing by those who do not understand the situations.  PSD vehicles are obvious, they don't really blend in.  Tail vehicles usually have a welded steel gunner box in the rear and the tail gate removed (this vehicle did not) and commonly bear a sign similar this:

Every damn Iraqi knows you don't get close to them.  Sometimes people don't pay attention and crap, and then they get some shoots through the grill to take out the vehicle.  Please note you shoot for the engine and not start off by engaging the passanger area.  You will also note that no drivers of these vehicle were killed and you palinly see them getting out after their vehicles are taken out.  It may seem bad or whatever to engage them like this but it is a common tactic for a vehicle to approach and get close (doesn't need to ram you or be right next to you) and then blow the multiple artty shells, etc...rigged inside as a car bomb.  Do you really want to wait until that vehicle gets next to you to ask it to back off?  You won't live too long.

Knowing is half the battle....and stop hating on contractors!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1) One of the videos “The taxi cab” is on a road that has been cleared and blocked for convoy use. If you look to the left, you can see that. The road is blocked and all the vehicles on it should have been protection, transports or at a full stop.

Wonder why they smoked the Mercedes? It was only going about 60 and closing on a vehicle with lights and signs.

2) In video with the crowded street(Ear Ache), they did drop a white smoke grenade. The vehicle slows for a few seconds and then drives past at a high rate… Wonder why they fired on it?

3)   In the “coalition right” video, the rounds are put into the ground and across the hood. There was very little time to react to a complex traffic situation… I’m guessing that the whole “signs and lights” thing went right over the car drivers head (as did the rounds fired)   Sometimes, a total cluster fuck is the best outcome you can hope for.

Unprofessional is a word that comes to mind… Along with unprepared.

4) The “White Van Man” video looks like a VBIED attack to me. The guy keeps coming even after a full mag of warning shots, a flat tire, a shot up windshield and a radiator blowing crap everywhere.

Hell, I don’t know. Every one of those videos could have green and yellow stars floating just out of camera range. One thing is certain, these guys are dipshits for putting it up on the web.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top