Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/30/2006 8:01:14 PM EDT
For those who haven't been keeping up with my saga in the Glock forum.

About 12 weeks ago I sent off my new Glock 22 that I had maybe put between 300-400 rds through it, because I started haveing feeding issues with several brands of HP ammo and between 3 different shooters.
At week 3 I called for a status report. They advised me that it was still being evaluated. To me this means it's on the shelf waiting in line. While on the phone they advised me that I would need to get an FFL they could send it to when they were done with it. They said they could not send it back to my home address because I didnt have it in writing in the box. On top of that for some reason they put down the Wal-mart address that the UPS station I sent it out of was located as my home address. I corrected them on this. Wanting to avoid a transfer and backfround fee on a gun I already own I asked if they could send it to my Department instead. They agreed I could do this as long as I sent them Dept letterhead for this. I got that to them within a few days and thought it was done.

Another 4 weeks go by and I give them another call. At 1st the guy on the phone couldnt find it and asked to call me back when he did I agreed and waited till the next day without hearing from them. So I called again. This time the lady looks for it and asks to call me again when aparently she sees it on a work bench. She said it looks like the fram was being replaced.

Another 4 weeks goes by and I give them another call today. Aparently it was shipped back to me on March 8th. A check of the tracking numbers reveal that Wal-mart received it March 9th. All this after correcting my Rsidential address and giving them letterhead THEY requested to ship it to my PD. So I check Wal-mart and they dont have a clue where it's at. They said packages like that they give back to UPS. I call UPS and all they can tell me as far as they know Wal-mart was the last known possessor unless it was sent back to Glock under different numbers. Which in that case Glock should have it by know.

I am so pissed right know from the shitty quality of the gun to the shitty customer service and sheer incompetancy of Glock Inc. I WILL NEVER BUY A GLOCK FIREARM AGAIN!!! And  frankly I'm running out of options I fear I have lost my fucking duty weapon.

PS. To add some irony to this I was able to become a Glock armorer while my G22 was being serviced.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#1]
If only you had 87 Glox like SigsAndCocks does...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

sigsandcocks
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Que?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#5]
get a kel tec if you want customer service
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]
So, you dealt with UPS and Walmart, and you blame Glock?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#7]
the snozberries taste like snozberries.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
the snozberries taste like snozberries.

You boys like Mexeeecooo? Woooooo!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Call Glock and tell them where to send you a new pistol.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#10]
That is unfrigginbelievable!! This is why I have never sent a gun back to the manufacturer.

Tagged for update when you call back and chew them a new asshole.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Just FYI, that 87 shit is not funny, has never been funny, and will never be funny. Please at least be creative if you're going to just +1 a post.

To the OP: as I'm sure you know, Glock owes you a gun. I'd settle for a coupon for the Glock of my choice.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#12]
They used to get rave reviews for their customer service. Not good.

I would suggest going up the food chain at Glock as high as you can get.  I learned long ago not to waste my time on flunkies that answer the phone. If they blow me off I just keep calling, over and over until I get it resolved.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just FYI, that 87 shit is not funny, has never been funny, and will never be funny. Please at least be creative if you're going to just +1 a post.

To the OP: as I'm sure you know, Glock owes you a gun. I'd settle for a coupon for the Glock of my choice.

I have no idea what that 87 shit is all about. Maybe someone could fill me in.

It looks retarded though, on the level of an inside joke for 8th graders, which we seem to have plenty of these days.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+87
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like a shitty situation.  I personally have heard nothing but good things about Glock's customer service.  It sounds like you got a rep that had no idea WTF they were doing.  Try and call back to speak to a superior.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It looks retarded though, on the level of an inside joke for 8th graders, which we seem to have plenty of these days.

"87" has its origins with MarkM.  Need we say more??

w00t!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

w00t!

No, its only been covered 87 times
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#18]
that sucks I too have had lack luster service from them  , but no worse than anyone else  i have dealt with over the years

It seems to be a law of some sort if a deal ,tranaction, purchase,or  whatever gets screwed up it really gets screwed up on multiple  levels

seems to holds true for me with anything over $50 that i have purchased ,transfered , mailed sent in for repair

99% of the time it goes smoothly but if there is a probleem the whole thing goes sideways multiple times
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

No shit.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

w00t!

Man, I come here all the time and I have no idea what any of  you are talking about.

Probably just as well.

Delete info request!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

Uh... talk about passing the buck..

GLOCK customer service is what caused the delays.

GLOCK customer service is who shipped the gun back to the wrong address.

UPS was just doing what GLOCK paid them to do.

Wal-Mart was just following policy regarding a firearm shipped without prior knowledge.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#22]
... Hate my Glock - it will be found on EE here shortly
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
... Hate my Glock - it will be found on EE here shortly

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

Wal-Mart was just following policy regarding a firearm shipped without prior knowledge.

Agreed. Glock is the one that dropped the ball here.
My guess is the retard who took this guy's call just totally blew it all off, either out of incompetence, laziness or vindictiveness.  

Man, I would be lighting up their phone lines....

The best response I ever got was after being blown off by a phone answering flunkie. I called back again and just asked to pseak to the President of the company. That got me up to a supervisor and then their supervisor. Then I called again and got higher. LMAO, they were really worried I was actually going to get to talk to the guy. Shit really started rolling then.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

Agreed. Glock is the one that dropped the ball here.
My guess is the retard who took this guy's call just totally blew it all off, either out of incompetence, laziness or vindictiveness.  

Man, I would be lighting up their phone lines....

The best response I ever got was after being blown off by a phone answering flunkie. I called back again and just asked to pseak to the President of the company. That got me up to a supervisor and then their supervisor. Then I called again and got higher. LMAO, they were really worried I was actually going to get to talk to the guy. Shit really started rolling then.

Yeah that will prolly be my next course of action. One way or another I'm getting a Glock 22 back. Might not be the one I started with but ill be getting one back.

Right now I've got the Wal-mart store manager tearing apart her store looking for it. This way will leave Glock very little wiggle room after every other avenue has been persued.

By the way, store managers really seem to take shit seriously when you advise them that an unaccounted for firearm could be somewhere in their store.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Note that the Indiana State police are ready to ditch thier Glock 22s after less than 6 months..

ISP G22 problems
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:21:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Maybe it KB'd en route...?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#28]
<Glock Kool-Aid Drinker> It's because Glocks never break. They just don't know how to do customer service because you are probably the first person to ever send a Glock in for service. <Glock Kool-Aid Drinker>
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
<Glock Kool-Aid Drinker> It's because Glocks never break. They just don't know how to do customer service because you are probably the first person to ever send a Glock in for service. <Glock Kool-Aid Drinker>

Screw GLOCK, I have allways hated GLOCK.

GO with an XD. I have put 2K+ rounds thru it. NEVER  NEVER  NEVER had any problems.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#30]
they gave me excellent service..
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:33:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Seems to me like they are more than enough kool-aid drinkers on both sides of the issue.

Glock's reputation for reliability didn't come out of nowhere and neither did their rep for customer service, they were both earned and they were both deserved.

Even excellent companies have a customer service fubar from time to time.  Since you're dealing with humans it's impossible not to.  But it sounds like it's time for Glock to take care of this or they're reputation for having excellent customer service will suffer and rightfully so.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

w00t!

Man, I come here all the time and I have no idea what any of  you are talking about.

Probably just as well.

Delete info request!

87 people died.

Waco.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#33]
i aggree with ^^^^^^^ above, but they do need to replace or give you a free GLOCK coupon, and they need to do it now, seeing how it is your duty weapon, make sure they replace it
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:40:24 AM EDT
[#34]

Glock Haters Unite!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:47:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Glock acknowledged being in possession of the gun.
Since then, it's been handled by a dozen people and the whereabouts of the gun are now unknown.

Report the matter to ATF.
I bet THEY get better response to simple questions like, "Where the fuck is that gun?"
Bet UPS and Walmart get real cooperative too.

Right now you keep getting blown off, post poned and forgotten about.

"ATF wants to talk to the general manager about a missing gun."

That causes the management to light a fire under everyone's ass and figure out WTF is going on.

I bet the whole mess gets sorted out double quick if you get ATF to ask the questions for you.
You can probably get it looked into as a professional courtesy since you're a LEO.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:22:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Luckily I had great service from Glock last year when I sent my G23 in to be repaired. One of the frame rails had a crack in it and they replaced my frame with a new generation 3 frame at no cost, other than the cost of shipping it to them.

However since then, last August, the Glock has been sitting in the box. While it was away I got familiar with my SIG P228 and love it more than I ever did the Glock. That's saying a lot because I carried that Glock for nine years.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
First off it's against UPS policy to ship firearms from anywhere but a UPS depot.  Either they accepted it against UPS policy or you did not notify them what it was you were shipping.

(B9) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by carrier? [Back]

A common or contract carrier must be
used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract
carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm. [18 U. S. C. 922( a)( 2)( A) and 922( e), 27 CFR 178.31]

So if you did not notify them it was a firearm you broke federal law.

Why wouldn't you give them your return address originally, one can only imagine. Your tinfoil is on a little tight

...Didn't he say that Wal-Mart shipped it? If Wal-Mart has an FFL (which it appears to have), they can ship it direct through UPS, or even USPS. Regardless, the blame is still back on Glock for this screw-up.

Edited to highlight the important part.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#39]
No difference form the customer service I received from Robinson Arms.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
That is unfrigginbelievable!! This is why I have never sent a gun back to the manufacturer.

Not always bad to send it back, depends on the manufacturer.

While I am not a huge fan of S&W in general, I had a GREAT customer service experience with them.

I had a P.O.S. SW9M Sigma 9mm compact that was useful only as a doorstop, total jammomatic.

Got fed up called S&W when advised by a friend it had a lifetime Warranty, they said send it in.

I did, a week later a nice lady called me and says "we would like to replace your pistol, but that model is discontinued, can we offer you a more expensive model?" I said "of course" so they sent me a brand spankin' new S&W 908 compact which proved to be be an excellent, reliable shooter. They sent it directly to my front porch, said since it was "Repair or Replacement" no FFL was needed.

A really good experience. I'll say this. Smith & Wesson, whatever you may think of them, has excellent Customer service.

I would not own a Glock, but that is because of bad experience with a G17 I bought and sold 20 years ago.
Have not had any inclination to own one since. Glock perfection my ass.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#41]
tac45,

This was your issued duty weapon?

If so wouldn't your PD handle the service issue and ship it back to Glock for repair?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+87

+1. But I did put 87 octane gas in my car the other day.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
First off it's against UPS policy to ship firearms from anywhere but a UPS depot.  Either they accepted it against UPS policy or you did not notify them what it was you were shipping.

(B9) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by carrier? [Back]

A common or contract carrier must be
used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract
carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm. [18 U. S. C. 922( a)( 2)( A) and 922( e), 27 CFR 178.31]

So if you did not notify them it was a firearm you broke federal law.

Why wouldn't you give them your return address originally, one can only imagine.

Then Glock returned it to a business that was not expecting a package, they should have just refused shipment from UPS and let it go back to Glock.  Firearms are supposed to also ship UPS adult signature required, so somebody at the receiving end should have signed for it, and that will be in UPS records.

I DID GIVE THEM MY RETURN ADDRESS! When you ship it you put YOUR physical address on it. That's one of my beefs with them. When it went out it also had the UPS station that it went out of's address. Glock mistakenly put the UPS station/Wal-mart's address as mine. This was corrected over the phone. On top of this they advised me they had to ship it to an FFL or my department and not my physical address anyway. That's why I had to play like hell to get them a letterhead. It shouldn't even have come to me directly!

Besides this it got lost coming FROM Glock not from me. The last time I had anything to do with the gun was 3 months ago. And yes someone did sign for it I have their name and advised Wally world of who. From what I understand walmart gets a bunch of packages and 1 person will sign for the bunch and figure out what's what later.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#44]
[WallyWorld] Your Glock are belong to us [WallyWorld/]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Of course, Glock it completely blameless, as usual.

GLOCK sent it to Walmart after he requested it be sent to his PD.  Walmart was not expecting such a package and sent it back.  Somehow that is Walmart's and UPS's fault?

Damn Glockaholics can't read.  Can you say "ballistic fingerprint"?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Note that the Indiana State police are ready to ditch thier Glock 22s after less than 6 months..

ISP G22 problems

Damned lie, Glocks are perfect.  Must be the ammo/shooter/limpwrist/etc, anything but the gun.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#47]
You know this poster has an issue, he spent a lot of time on this and then he posts the situation here. And all some of you morons can do is post shit like the juvenile dumbass teenagers you are. This forum has taught me a lot since I joined in january. One thing it has taught me is that there are a lot of juvenile dumbass kids who posts shit like +87. Yeah 8th grade time here at ar15.com....

Mods- why do you let this shit hapen?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#48]
I just sent one of my Glocks back to them today using UPS.  I'm expecting a quick turn around and good service.  I'll wait and see what happens.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seems to me like they are more than enough kool-aid drinkers on both sides of the issue.

Glock's reputation for reliability didn't come out of nowhere and neither did their rep for customer service, they were both earned and they were both deserved.

Even excellent companies have a customer service fubar from time to time.  Since you're dealing with humans it's impossible not to.  But it sounds like it's time for Glock to take care of this or they're reputation for having excellent customer service will suffer and rightfully so.

WELL said.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top