Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2006 4:52:22 PM EDT
Like the title says.

I've got a Glock 21 and am looking to get a grip reduction. Who does the best work, and why are they the best?

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
American Ammo does an awesome grip reduction.

In all seriousness, I hear these guys do good work (never seen it myself, just going by what my archive search tells me) -

www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Springfield XD
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Springfield XD

You beat me to it.

I used to own a Glock...Now I dont.

But I do own a XD, and I am a proud XD carry kind of guy.

Pretty nice as well, I may add
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:51:56 AM EDT
[#4]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:03:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Like the title says.

I've got a Glock 21 and am looking to get a grip reduction. Who does the best work, and why are they the best?

One word: Robar

I have had the opporunity to handle Glocks they worked on, and it was a dramatic improvement in the fit and feel of the pistol.

One of my gripes with Glock pistols is that the slide bites my hands. When I say "bite", I don't mean that the slide occasionally nicks my hands, I mean that when I take a combat grip the slide runs over the web of my hand (between my thumb and index finger) with every shot, and digs big bloody train tracks in my hand.

With the Robar reduction, that doesn't happen.

They can also do trigger work. Glock triggers are always going to have their distinctive pull because of their design, but some improvement can be done on them.

Robar's grip reductions are high quality and they actually don't make the gun uglier. (Some reductions manage to make an ugly gun much uglier....)

This is the reduction package most spring for:

For my hands the beavertail they fabricate is a necessity.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:22:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Arizona Response Systems did a reduction on my G-23.

Fits well in my hand. Really, really looks like ass. Good thing I'm a function over form kinda guy.

The reduction was done almost 10 years ago. ARS's grip reduction aesthetics may have improved some...hopefully.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:28:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Bowie does a pretty good job
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:37:05 AM EDT
[#8]
send an IM/EM to mr gary (macjockey on ar15.com) and check out his website: wendellcustomknives.blademakers.com

great work on grip reduction and stippling and i hear that he is a great man to deal with

i was going to send him my G21, but i never got the G21.....but he did respond pretty quick

oh, and his prices are the best
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:26:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Jim Garthwaite. He was the American Pistolsmith of the Year in 2004.

Article with Pictures
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:33:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Use the Brownells instructions and do it yourself. I doubt it will look worse than most of the professional reductions.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:44:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I got a  XD45acp.  Trade in your Glock 21 and get one.  You can thank me later.  Seriously, I would of got a Glock 21 years ago, but the grip is just too damn wide.  And I dont have small hands.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top