Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 9:23:44 AM EDT
gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/ notes that Fox had a story on an FBI investigation of Somalis taking an interest in learning how to drive Semis.

"A Warning Sign?"

Fox News had a video up tonight titled “Warning Signs.”

The FBI in Kansas City is said to be conducting an investigation into a truck-driving school in West Plains, Missouri.

The South Central Career Center, with its peeling sign out front, offers truck driving lessons. It seems to have attracted a large number of Somali Muslims from a community of Somalis in Kansas City. In the last 18 months, the majority of its students have been Somalians.

Should we be concerned? Probably. Why in the Midwest? Why the concentration of Somalis in this line of work? Is this anything like flight training school except you don’t have to learn to land? Are they bothering to learn how to brake one of those things?

In a way, trucks are of more concern than planes. They are ubiquitous, a commonplace in our everyday landscape. They pass us all the time on the highway and we don't even notice. An 18 wheeler loaded surreptitiously with something explosively unstable could be a nightmare beyond the wildest imaginings of whatever concerns Dubai Ports raised.

The FBI is investigating, but it isn’t talking. I’ll bet a great many driving schools are under scrutiny. Fox News just happened upon one of them.

Edit: Could be something, might be nothing. Just another thing to keep in mind.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:36:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe they finally figured out it was better for them to transport their own food, rather than relying on the UN.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard the same thing, and the report added that 60% of the 'new drivers' were Somalian/Muslims.

I think that alone is HIGHLY suspicious and those trucks definitely can be used to deliver WMD's if they're already in the U.S.

HH
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#3]
It is happening in public transportation as well.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Shhhhhh!

Go back to sleep.  Nothing to see here....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't tell Nationwide!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Another piece of racist trash from FauxNews. These fine immigrants are having a hard enough time making it a white, Christian dominated world without being castigated for trying to learn a trade.

Maybe they all watched "Over the Top" on movie night at the mosque? Did you ever think of that?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Another piece of racist trash from FauxNews. These fine immigrants are having a hard enough time making it a white, Christian dominated world without being castigated for trying to learn a trade.

Maybe they all watched "Over the Top" on movie night at the mosque? Did you ever think of that?

Probably BJ and the Bear.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#9]
When I start hearing Hadji trying to sound like Jerry Reed on a CB, I'll know we're in the End of Days....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#10]
someone needs to write some parody lyrics for "Convoy".

11 longhaired friends of Muhammed in fertilizer laden microbus.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

LOL The world would explode...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL The world would explode...

That would become an ARFCOM classic.
Were about to go a hunten infidel...................................
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#13]
There's just a lower demand for Taxi drivers, so they have to find another line or work.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

"Yes we've got a great big jihad, crashing through the night...."

"C'mon and join out Jihad across the USA...... JIHAAAAAAAAAAAD!"

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Somalis are Muslims?  wow I never knew that.  ahem

What pays more - driving semis or taxis?  

that said, it bears a little attention, but I'm not sure I'ld go to a serious increase in readiness without a little more watching.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#16]
They must not have heard the Dubai port deal was called off.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#17]
A few dozen big trucks full of ANFO going off on bridges over the Mississippi from St Louis to N.O. could be a bit of a bother.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, I guess it's better than shooting RPG's at cruise ships.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, I guess they are meticulous.

Give anyone here 30 minutes in a rig. It's not like flying a plane.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone find it suspicious that they wanted to learn how to excelerate , but not to stop ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Anyone find it suspicious that they wanted to learn how to excelerate , but not to stop ?

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I knew that was coming.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I find it suspicious, that you agree that "accelerate" is spelled "excelerate".
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Why would they want to stop excelerating, whatever the hell that is?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
A few dozen big trucks full of ANFO going off on bridges over the Mississippi from St Louis to N.O. could be a bit of a bother.

Yessir.

Elsewhere too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Lettuce no if ewe here more about this excelerating butt knot stopping knews.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#27]
It is better imho to have some extreme, fanatic, shithead planning to attack using anything - Planes ,Boats, Trucks -whatever as long as the bastards dont plan to use guns
(the damn liberals will scream for gun control then- AWB all over again only worse!),

Honestly - I'm ok with their silly little planing. After all, world conflict is never going away -

Say they drive 5 or 10 Petro tanker trucks into some CNG facilities at the worst .
What do we do to counter......?  
We drive 200,000+ red blooded USA soldiers through there homeland and build American military bases on there heads where the towels used to be wraped.
Kill them all & Let God............well God knows what to do.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
It is better imho to have some extreme, fanatic, shithead planning to attack using anything - Planes ,Boats, Trucks -whatever as long as the bastards dont plan to use guns
(the damn liberals will scream for gun control then- AWB all over again only worse!),

Honestly - I'm ok with their silly little planing. After all, world conflict is never going away -

Say they drive 5 or 10 Petro tanker trucks into some CNG facilities at the worst .
We drive 200,000+ red blooded USA soldiers through there homeland and build American military bases on there heads where the towels used to be wraped.

In Before the Ban.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:56:26 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Can we just have one or two informational threads about stuff relating to Islam without "kill 'em all" sentiments being posted in it???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top