Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2006 4:33:07 AM EDT
I saw the footage on the news. Forgot back then the Secret Service had revolvers back then.
Innocent days indeed.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:41:44 AM EDT
[#1]
damn I'm getting old
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:47:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Reagan ruled..  Never again will we see a president like him.  He had class, appealed to the regular guys and was an all around good guy.  You know he's part of the greatest generation.  A generation that sealed a deal with a handshake and a smile.  His father, from what I understand, was an alcoholic SOB.  He was born poor and worked his way to where he was.  He wasn't groomed from childhood, he didnt come from wealth and privelege, he didnt have political connections.  He lead with his character and heart, unlike the generation of idiots we have today..

Hell even many of the Democrats couldn't resist his personality.  

I cant imagine anyone like him running again.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:52:40 AM EDT
[#3]

First UZI I ever saw.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:53:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.machinegundealer.com/Reagan-Assassination-different%20view.jpg

First UZI I ever saw.

yea!  UZI.    
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:01:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I was a junior in High school and came home to endless reruns of the same tape.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:03:36 AM EDT
[#6]

March 30, 1981 - President Reagan shot in Washington D.C. by John Hinckley Jr.
Along with Reagan, Secret Service agent Tim McCarthy and D.C. police officer Tom Delahanty were also severely wounded. Presidential press secretary Jim Brady was the most seriously injured though, being shot in the head just over his left eye. Brady suffered permanent brain damage causing his wife Sarah Brady to take up the cause against lawful handgun-ownership, joining Handgun Control, Inc. which became the "Brady Campaign To Prevent Gun Violence" and ultimately leading to the passage of the 1993 "Brady Bill" which required a background check of all handgun buyers - odd because Hinckley had no felony record and no public record of mental illness and if the Brady Law was in place at the time, it would not have stopped him from obtaining a gun. The gun used by Hinckley, a .22LR Rohm RG-14 revolver, was bought in Lubbock Texas in October 1980, six months before the assassination attempt. Even the seven-day "cooling-off period" for handgun purchases also mandated by the Brady Bill would not have affected Hinckley's actions.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:03:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
damn I'm getting old

Just what I was thinking.

And what did we get for it? Brady
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:05:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By twonami
The uzis hide pretty well under those suits

They were carried in cases. Look on the street:

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:14:23 AM EDT
[#9]
But the truly sad news is Sarah Brady was not.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:24:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By twonami
The uzis hide pretty well under those suits

They were carried in cases. Look on the street:

history.sandiego.edu/gen/USPics2/91089.gif

so that's where they had them, my oops.
Hey it was a long time ago.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:26:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
But the truly sad news is Sarah Brady was not.

She's vile and misguided but I dont think she deserved to be killed or maimed..  Nor did her husband..  JMHO.  I feel sory for her and her husband and I hate her politics at the same time though..  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:31:40 AM EDT
[#12]
There is no excuse for what SB has done.  None.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:38:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
www.machinegundealer.com/Reagan-Assassination-different%20view.jpg

First UZI I ever saw.

Good trigger discipiline. Thats the way!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top