Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 4:21:55 AM EDT
Cynthia McKinney is the latest black "leader" to flip the bird to law enforcement and get away with it. All "leaders" in the black community are so militantly leftists or out and out communist. WTF happened? Are black people that stupid that they do not recognize what these people are? How come so many black people are religous, but so left wing in their politics?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:25:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Raised from birth that way
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:28:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Redistribution of wealth, hand-outs.  It's what the left is all about.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:29:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Because it's easier to depend on liberals to provide you with a living and an excuse (slavery, racism, etc.) than it is to get out there and work for what you want and earn the respect of others.

Of course, stating this fact makes me a racist.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:29:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont think it is race but rather a sense of entitlement that is instilled at a young age.  And regarding the thumb at law enforcement..  Do you think anyone wants a congressional leader to start on racism, unfair treatment, etc?  She'll get away with it.  I'd bet they won't even follow up.  Now if you or I did the same, we'd be getting beat down and tasered..

We can only blame ourselves for the way it goes with freeloaders and sandbaggers.  Affirmative action is a huge contributer to this.  Welfare, government assistance programs, etc.  All train people from a young age that they are entitled to handouts, special treatment, etc because they are black or poor or they lost their job, or have a disability of sorts.  

Put out bird seed and the birds will forget how to fend for themselves and expect your feeder to sustain them.  When it doesn't the birds starve..
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:32:08 AM EDT
[#5]
In order to strengthen their power base, the Democrat Party created the entitlement culture.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:36:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
In order to strengthen their power base, the Democrat Party created the entitlement culture.

Yes sir. social engineering. Amnesty for 12 million illegals= votes.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:07:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Any person with a strong family history in the Chicago area should be able to answer that for you.
Dems basically freighted them up north on trains way back when. They did this for needed votes.

More recentely dems pander to the hispanics. I think yesterday it came out that the mexican media was responsible for getting the protesters organized.. give it a few days and i'm sure there will be a link to some dems
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:10:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Actually, multiple surveys shows that most blacks in America are socially conservative. However, their leaders...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:11:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Beats working.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:12:12 AM EDT
[#10]
As PAEBR noted, they're not.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:16:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Always wanted to say this....
IBTL
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:19:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm surprised that so many of you generalize before you know the facts...

As another memeber said, It is neat to see how so many of us here are already in her head and know exactly what is going to happen without hearing the whole story...

I need to learn that trick.

Most educated and politically minded African-Americans vote conservative...

Most of my family and friends come from a military aviation background and, the friends of the family as well as my family are conservatives...

It's a shame that you all lump a whole group of people in with the worst.

The fuckheads like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton only represent the lowest part of black society.

They can't speak for me or anyone I know.

They aren't black leaders and you're a fool if you think they are!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:22:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

<snip>

You're right.

The fact that 90+% of them voted for Clinton, Gore, and Kerry is no reason to suspect otherwise.

Sorry, my friend, but the black "community" (which preys upon itself more than Whitey ever hoped to do in the darkest days of slavery - some "community") may be socially conservative, but they are EXTREMELY liberal politically.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:23:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Black people aren't "liberal" per se. They are quite conservative on most issues. Unfortunatley a great number of them have been programed to think like victims and depend on the Govt.. Republican was the party of blacks from the time of Lincoln until Teddy Roosevelt. After that, the party turned it's back on blacks and they went Democrat, regardless of the fact that the south and Jim Crow were controlled by Democrats. The main opposition to civil rights reform of the 50's and 60's were southern Democrats. Otherwise, they are mostly christian, family oriented, anti gay and pro gun.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:27:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:28:34 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm willing to think that the reason you all think all most black people are left wing is because of the love of Bill Clinton...

It has nothing to do with his politics and, the majority of my younger friends seem to think that he does things to "help black people"...

Every time I ask, they can't name one thing that he has done.

As I said, it is a deep ignorance but, many of us know better than that.

No one speaks for us, represents us, or  hears about us but, black conservatives do exist and we operate behind the scenes.

I could go into this deeper but, I'm afraid I'd get banned.

Quoted:
Cynthia McKinney is the latest black "leader" to flip the bird to law enforcement and get away with it. All "leaders" in the black community are so militantly leftists or out and out communist. WTF happened? Are black people that stupid that they do not recognize what these people are? How come so many black people are religous, but so left wing in their politics?

I don't think it is because she is black, it is because she has a lot of "pull" as a politican and can get away with slapping a police officer...

With that logic, I could say that Deb Lafaye got away with fucking a 14-year-old boy because she was a pretty blonde white woman...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
<snip>

With that logic, I could say that Deb Lafaye got away with fucking a 14-year-old boy because she was a pretty blonde white woman...

Well, that is actually true...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:30:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Most "Blacks" I know are religiously conservative and believe in religious teachings which lumps them in with "right" side of things.

A lot of them want to have strong family values which typically equals conservative.

Unfortunately their leaders are primarily lefties.  Some who believe in conservative values fall in line like sheep and vote for the left.

While racism can be very real, I know some who feel that all evil white conservatives have it in for them.  The po-lice be wit dem too.

There are a lot of issues that lead some "black" people to vote primarily to the left.  Not all of "them" are welfare loving lazy POS.  Just like not all white people are trailer trash or elitist snobs.  

Indoctrination into believing that the only way to succeed in life is to be a criminal by way of their subculture in the ghetto or by those who they are supposed to live up to (Jesse Jackson) doesn't help.  

My new neighbor is probably the hardest working guy around and guess what; he's black.  He owns his own business, is a single dad with two kids (wife was a dope addict and a criminal) and this guy is proud of himself for what he does.  He likes AR15s too.  

Don't lump them all together cause that means I'll be lumped in with white trash.  I really don't want to be referred to as white trash.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:32:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
No one speaks for us, represents us, or  hears about us but, black conservatives do exist and we operate behind the scenes.

Several hundred miles behind the scenes, otherwise you get called an Uncle Tom, Oreo, and worse by your own people.

Pathetic.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:35:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yes, most of America's Blacks think they are owed something because their ancestors were slaves.  It is a culture issue.  If you can stand it, watch BET for 5 or 10 minutes and you'll see.

PS- I'm predicting a lock on this thread before lunch today.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:37:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
If you can stand it, watch BET for 5 or 10 minutes and you'll see.

It's always the FIRST channel I delete from my TV memory.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:39:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Psycologically, I can see how one would feel that way after a beginning such as that. ...and heck yes I'd feel like someone owed me something. It's a wrong feeling, but you can see where they are coming from.

M4-Ak

edited to say: Coming from a slavery background.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:41:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Several hundred miles behind the scenes, otherwise you get called an Uncle Tom, Oreo, and worse by your own people.

Pathetic.

I'd have to agree with that...

We need change but, we lack the leadership for this very reason...

With people like Jackson, Sharpton, and Lowery being seen as black leaders - change is not going to come.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:45:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Limited brain function. Read The Bell Curve.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:46:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Whay are black people so left wing?

Same reason white folk can't spell........

Mike

ps - for answer see sig line below  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:47:34 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I don't think it is because she is black, it is because she has a lot of "pull" as a politican and can get away with slapping a police officer...

Such as full immunity (in the diplomatic sense)  from arrest while going to or coming from Congress...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:47:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Many of them have been programmed to want their shit for free. They demand "reparations", they want their welfare, their free ride, that many of their leaders tell them they are "entitled" to.

And when many of them can't find a good job because they are lazy and ill prepared, they blame "the man" for keeping them down.

Of course this applies to many white trash too, equally as despicable in my book....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:50:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:53:48 AM EDT
[#29]
I think more African-Americans are voting for the Party of Lincoln every year. Politics constantly change, remember Texas once was a Democratic state.

Ironic that Eisenhower started desegregation and the Dems get all the credit for it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:01:15 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Quote removed for obvious reasons

Dude, that was really uncalled for.  I don't know how you meant or what you meant to say, but if your accusation is that blacks are naturally not as intelligent as other races, I feel sorry for you and the limited function of life you live in.

For the rest of the conversation, I have no opinion.  Every black person I know are gun owners, so they do not lean to the left nor do they accept handouts of any kind.  I'd be a better person if I was more like some of them, in fact.  So would many people.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:11:45 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Whay are black people so left wing?

Same reason white folk can't spell........

Mike

ps - for answer see sig line below  

As usual... you've made a complete CROCK of a statement Mike. Your sig line describes PERFECTLY no one but your own self.

Do you disagree that blacks are predominantly left-wingers? It's been pretty plain to see. And don't give me the crap about it only being their leaders. Talk to a hard-working, smart, conservative black person about the pressures their own peers put on them to be ignorant and flip the system the bird. They are called "too white" when they strive to educate themselves and succeed. No... the dems and black leadership HAVE indeed succeeded in making the masses think like they do. Just ask Bill Cosby, Walter Williams, JC Watts, et al.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you can stand it, watch BET for 5 or 10 minutes and you'll see.

It's always the FIRST channel I delete from my TV memory.

Me too, I don't even want to see it when I'm channel surfing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:25:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Black people tend to be very Conservative in many ways.

But you have to remember that Blacks were excluded from much of American life for nearly a century after the end of the Civil War. Since they weren’t allowed to be a part of the American culture they developed their own.

One of the great strength of Black culture is that it encourages a sense of community. But that sense of community leads Blacks to forgive other Black people of shortcomings and even crimes that are destructive to their community. So, these destructive influences stay in the Black community and end up influencing Black children to follow their destructive pattern of living.

In the White community these criminals would be marginalized and kept away from our children. So they never would have a chance to influence White kids into becoming criminals.

As far as welfare and social programs go. Black people support them because they believe other Black people need the programs to get by. The sense of community kicks in and even well off Blacks who have never taken a dime in welfare want funding for social programs increased, even if it means higher taxes. Community loyalty encourages Blacks to vote as a group too.

But this dynamic is changing. There is a huge split in the Black culture right now and it’s growing wider. More and more Black people are succeeding economically and more and more Black people are realizing that welfare is a trap that keeps people stuck in the underclass. In 1960 racism was a legitimate reason for Black people being poor. In 1980 the racism of the past was still a legitimate excuse. But in 2006 that excuse just doesn’t work anymore and more and more Black people are realizing that.

The trend should continue and I expect to see a complete flip sometime in the next 20 years with most Blacks voting for Conservatives.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:29:41 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

IBTL - you are sorely misguided. Read "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" by Thomas Sowell.

I finished it last night. Your preconceived notions will be turned on their ear by this book.

Mine were, and I'm not a racist. I just have a public grade school education to correct.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:30:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:31:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted: Are black people that stupid
and gullible.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:38:21 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
HK_Shooter_03:

Your family in my experience is the exception. NOT JUST IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY BUT IN OUR SOCIETY AS A WHOLE.

there is a definant entitlement mentality in the lower income segment of our population. It is not specific to the black community but is a bit more prevelant <at least here> as the black population tends to make up a larger portion of that group.

Having dealt with a LOT of these people when i was working EMS i can honstly say they are raised from birth to understand how to manipulate the government to get a check while not having to get a job. Many times i saw "families" having kids declared with a disability bringing in 2-3k a month in SS disability checks, living in governement housing and getting food stamps. No one in the house employed and all capabale of working.

As i said above this is NOT just in the black community but in the uneducated lower income part of our society. I have seen it in blacks and whites.

This is it exactly.  I interact with little kids in ghetto areas, and at 6 years old they are already saying, "yo, gimme a dolla" (white kids included), and by 12 they are already better educated in how to work the system than I ever will be.  Few of them even KNOW anyone who has a job, and of those who do, they assume (whether or not it's true) that it's mostly a scam to get into somewhere.  Petty crimes are literally a way of life, and seeing people get shot and killed is a normal part of growing up there.

The environment is so corrosive that very few will ever escape.  Drug use is EXPECTED, and alcohol, ciggarettes, and weed are deemed as normal as food (and often are MORE common).  They have no authority figure to give them boundaries, other than the police, who they are trained not to respect from infancy.

Most of us are very fortunate not to have grown up that way, and I'm sure there are some here who simply won't be able to believe what I wrote, but it's true, and I could show it to you on any given day.

-Troy

The Sowell book backs you guys up on this - and much more.

What is currently seen by many - including plenty of Arfcommers - as the negative aspects of "black" culture (what you guys posted above) is actually part of the "Cracker" culture.

Before poor blacks started acting this way it was Irish (and nobody get bent out of shape, I'm half Irish myself) acting this way. Before that it came from the lawless Celtic borderlands...

It's all about being poor and having nothing constructive to do. Black or white.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#38]
They aren't all left wing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I can apply the bell curve to any population.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:45:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Left Wing = Entitlements. Left Wing Repersentatives usually increase the hand outs, when they are in control of the government. Black folk LOVE entitlements, especially those that they arent entitled to...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:47:41 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

As another memeber said, It is neat to see how so many of us here are already in her head and know exactly what is going to happen without hearing the whole story...

Most of my family and friends come from a military aviation background and, the friends of the family as well as my family are conservatives...

The fuckheads like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton only represent the lowest part of black society.

I have yet to see many conservative blacks at all. I think you know conservative blacks because of your background. I refer to it as the "Cosby syndrome". He is successful, affluent, and conservative. My theory is that the lower class is diametrically opposed to this because: 1. They are raised to dislike and oppose both the government and those who have more than they do, and 2. Because everybody needs to blame someboy for their problems, and the leftist leaders have placed the blame squarely on the conservatives, with their followers just going right along with what they say.

The "victim" mentality is widespread thoughout our lower classes today, not just blacks, but all of the "have nots" feel they have been victimized by the very government who hand-feeds them. I think many have an inkling that they are being played by those who would use them, but their anger is misdirected.

This is it exactly. I interact with little kids in ghetto areas, and at 6 years old they are already saying, "yo, gimme a dolla" (white kids included), and by 12 they are already better educated in how to work the system than I ever will be. Few of them even KNOW anyone who has a job, and of those who do, they assume (whether or not it's true) that it's mostly a scam to get into somewhere. Petty crimes are literally a way of life, and seeing people get shot and killed is a normal part of growing up there.

The environment is so corrosive that very few will ever escape. Drug use is EXPECTED, and alcohol, cigarettes, and weed are deemed as normal as food (and often are MORE common). They have no authority figure to give them boundaries, other than the police, who they are trained not to respect from infancy.

Most of us are very fortunate not to have grown up that way, and I'm sure there are some here who simply won't be able to believe what I wrote, but it's true, and I could show it to you on any given day.

-Troy

Very well said. I could not agree more.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Redistribution of wealth, hand-outs.  It's what the left is all about.

Exactly.

HH
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:49:53 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
HK_Shooter_03:

Your family in my experience is the exception. NOT JUST IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY BUT IN OUR SOCIETY AS A WHOLE.

there is a definant entitlement mentality in the lower income segment of our population. It is not specific to the black community but is a bit more prevelant <at least here> as the black population tends to make up a larger portion of that group.

Having dealt with a LOT of these people when i was working EMS i can honstly say they are raised from birth to understand how to manipulate the government to get a check while not having to get a job. Many times i saw "families" having kids declared with a disability bringing in 2-3k a month in SS disability checks, living in governement housing and getting food stamps. No one in the house employed and all capabale of working.

As i said above this is NOT just in the black community but in the uneducated lower income part of our society. I have seen it in blacks and whites.

This is it exactly.  I interact with little kids in ghetto areas, and at 6 years old they are already saying, "yo, gimme a dolla" (white kids included), and by 12 they are already better educated in how to work the system than I ever will be.  Few of them even KNOW anyone who has a job, and of those who do, they assume (whether or not it's true) that it's mostly a scam to get into somewhere.  Petty crimes are literally a way of life, and seeing people get shot and killed is a normal part of growing up there.

The environment is so corrosive that very few will ever escape.  Drug use is EXPECTED, and alcohol, ciggarettes, and weed are deemed as normal as food (and often are MORE common).  They have no authority figure to give them boundaries, other than the police, who they are trained not to respect from infancy.

-Troy

The Sowell book backs you guys up on this - and much more.

What is currently seen by many - including plenty of Arfcommers - as the negative aspects of "black" culture (what you guys posted above) is actually part of the "Cracker" culture.

Before poor blacks started acting this way it was Irish (and nobody get bent out of shape, I'm half Irish myself) acting this way. Before that it came from the lawless Celtic borderlands...

It's all about being poor and having nothing constructive to do. Black or white.

Lazy and worthless does not apply to any particular color. The culture that perpetuates it is what does the trick.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:51:58 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I agree totally.  

In general people that: consider themselves victims, come from a background where nobody they knew had REAL JOBS ( whether they're family was on welfare or were college professors), have some sort of family disfunction are very left wing.

This doesn't matter what color their skin happens to be.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:53:55 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Lazy and worthless does not apply to any particular color. The culture that perpetuates it is what does the trick.

Right on.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:05:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Actually most blacks live above the poverty line and classify as moderate middle class.

The douchebags get more TV play. As we all know, if it is televised, then it must be true
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:09:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Related article:

Failing their own

By Jonah Goldberg

March 30, 2006

I'M THINKING of a cabal of radical legislators who don't reflect the views of average Americans or even the interests of their own constituents. They use wedge issues, play the race card and push their party to the ideological extreme. They collude with outside activists, many of whom use religion as a Trojan horse for a radical political agenda.

Sound like those perennial paladins of villainy, the congressional GOP? Guess again. This is the Congressional Black Caucus.

The caucus lives in a fantasy in which it is the "conscience of the Congress." Immune to the sort of scrutiny that many other groups receive, it has benefited from the soft bigotry of low expectations for decades.

As the Economist recently noted, gerrymandering and Democratic politics have resulted in a caucus well to the left of black America. Only four of 43 members of the group voted to ban partial-birth abortion in 2003, even though a majority of blacks favored such a ban. Most African Americans favor school choice, but because the caucus is firmly ensconced in the teacher-union racket, it bars the schoolhouse door to black kids who want a better education via vouchers. A majority of blacks oppose outright racial quotas, but don't tell that to the caucus. Or that blacks are heavily opposed to gay marriage.

Why pick on the blacks in Congress? Because they represent black leadership in America, and it has been on their watch that black America has descended into such a mess.

A slew of new research shows how sorry is the plight of American blacks, most acutely men. Black men, particularly those who do not finish high school, have been falling off a cliff for decades. If you include blacks in prison or not seeking work — which conventional unemployment surveys don't — the true jobless rate for black men in their 20s without a high school diploma is 72%. At the height of the economic boom, in 2000, it was still about 65%, according to the New York Times. This is twice the rate for white dropouts and three times that of Latinos. A UC Berkeley researcher found that black dropouts in their late 20s are more likely to be in prison than working.

Statistics on the black family are, if possible, even more depressing. In a moving essay in the Washington Post, Joy Jones lamented how wedlock has become unfashionable in much of black America. A sixth-grader recently informed her that "marriage is for white people." The statistics back the kid up (though marriage among whites isn't that rosy either). More than two-thirds of black babies are born out of wedlock. Sociologist Andrew J. Cherlin of Johns Hopkins University says blacks were more likely to be raised by both parents during slavery days than they are today.

There's a lot of Marxist-infused nonsense about how economics are at the root of black America's problems. But this doesn't hold up to scrutiny. Of course poverty makes social pathologies worse, but it's the pathologies that cause poverty in the first place.

Family breakdown in the black community has occurred despite a steady rise in the wages of blacks since World War II, when 80% were born to married parents. Racism alone cannot be blamed anymore for causing all black problems. By every measure, racism, particularly official racism, has declined even as these problems have worsened.

Racism is surely still a problem, but it pales in comparison to family breakdown. Nothing more perpetuates the cycle of moral and financial poverty. If you are raised by two married parents today, black or white, it is unlikely that you will be poor, or poor for long. Blaming slavery and historic white racism for family erosion may be satisfying — often accurate — but it promises few solutions.

Pat Moynihan predicted all of this chaos more than 40 years ago in his report, "The Negro Family: the Case for National Action," which urged the government to help stop black family breakdown before young men raised without fathers sowed chaos in their own community and the nation. Moynihan was greeted with denial and outrage by black and feminist ideologues, who insisted he was trying to impose white middle-class norms on the benign, even "superior," female-headed black family. The PC mob won, and U.S. social policy was pushed in exactly the wrong direction until the welfare reform of the 1990s.

The Congressional Black Caucus and its sundry enablers are the intellectual heirs of Moynihan's critics. Indeed, many of them are the same people. Given the state of black America, their priorities often seem otherworldly: giving felons the vote and pushing for slavery reparations.

Obviously, black America's problems are larger than the black caucus. But the caucus has failed to provide the morally serious leadership — leadership that builds on the historic social conservatism and self-reliance of African Americans — that is sorely needed.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:14:52 AM EDT
[#48]
TAG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top