User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/30/2006 1:52:01 AM EDT
'How my husband died in our Shania Twain sex game'
By Stewart Payne
The Telegraph - UK
(Filed: 30/03/2006)

A woman accused of murdering her husband of two months, said yesterday that she shot him accidentally as she danced provocatively for him with his shotgun to the music of Shania Twain.

Linda West, 49, was called upon to demonstrate in court how she had gyrated to the song Man! I Feel Like a Woman, using a broom handle to represent the gun.

She said she had decided to arouse her husband Gregory, 45, who was wearing only a dressing gown after getting out of the bath. It was a "sexual game" that had tragic consequences, she said.

Mr West was found dead in an armchair by police after his wife made a hysterical 999 call. He had a single shotgun wound to his chest.

Giving evidence in her defence at Winchester Crown Court, Hants, West said they had shared a "lovely evening" at their Southampton home. They had drunk wine and she had run a bath for her husband.

When he came out of the bathroom she decided to put on a show and began dancing to the music of the country singer, which was playing on a stereo. The song contains erotically-charged lyrics.

She said Mr West then disappeared into the bedroom of their flat and reappeared with his BSA500 shotgun and asked her to dance with it.

West re-enacted her moves using the broom handle, telling the jury: "I'm holding the barrels of the gun and I'm dancing holding the gun. I was entertaining my husband."

She said that at the end of the song she put the shotgun on to the floor beside her. With tears streaming down her face she said: "It just went off…it just went bang."

A weapons expert told the court that the safety catch, used to prevent the accidental firing of the gun, was faulty and it could have gone off without anyone touching the trigger. West told the court that she was unaware of the fault.

The prosecution claims the couple had argued after drinking and West had deliberately shot her husband, a marine engineer, in anger. Neighbours had reported hearing shouting coming from their flat.

West insisted that she had been cavorting to fulfil her husband's fantasy, when tragedy struck.

"It was a game, it was a game", she said. "It was just a sexual game."

Describing her hysterical reaction after the gun went off, West said: "I was trying to wake him up. I was slapping his face and trying to open his eyes, and he just wouldn't wake up."

Asked why she had not mentioned the sex game when interviewed by police, she said she had been confused.

The jury has heard that Mr West, a keen shooter, had been wearing only a blue dressing gown and no underwear at the time of his death.

In her 999 call West had said: "We were playing with a gun, it just went off. I don't believe it."

Armed police surrounded the flat before finally entering the property and arresting her.

Tests showed that West had consumed a quantity of alcohol that was more than twice the legal drink-driving limit.

She denies murdering her husband on May 9 last year. She also denies manslaughter.

The trial continues.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/03/30/nwest30.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/03/30/ixhome.html
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:54:53 AM EDT
[#1]
If ya gotta go before you get old, theres worse way of goin.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:56:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Alcohol, firearms and Shania Twain don't mix.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:03:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Shania Twain doesn't mix with anything.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:15:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Okay then............
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:46:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Shania Twain is the one true MILF from which all others are measured
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:52:37 AM EDT
[#6]

She said that at the end of the song she put the shotgun on to the floor beside her. With tears streaming down her face she said: "It just went off…it just went bang."

A weapons expert told the court that the safety catch, used to prevent the accidental firing of the gun, was faulty and it could have gone  off without anyone touching the trigger. West told the court that she was unaware of the fault.

Blame the shotgun. It must have loaded itself.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:17:22 AM EDT
[#7]
So...  if she just put the shotgun on the floor next to her bed,
how did it hit her husband in the chest when he was sitting in a chair?

Not to mention, ballistics would be able to show angle of entry,
which would prove whether he was shot by someone standing,
or by a gun that was virtually on the floor.

The truth should be easily uncovered in this case.

If it was an accident, she has suffered more than enough in my opinion.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:24:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Actually, if you take all the skank clothes off, hit her wth a little Simple Green and a scrub brush then look at her in the light, she's really homely looking. Not someone you'd give a second glance to on the street.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:25:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I must admit that I have never had a woman do a striptease with one of my weapons before, but I can't imagine ever finding such a thing "sexy".
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:29:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, if you take all the skank clothes off, hit her wth a little Simple Green and a scrub brush then look at her in the light, she's really homely looking. Not someone you'd give a second glance to on the street.

Yeah, but none of us here are on the street!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:32:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I am ever in a situation where I get to take her clothes off, I think I'll just skip the Simple Green scrub down and move on to better things. LOL.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:34:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

After the take all the clothes off part, I'm thinking I won't care about the rest.  

Woody
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:38:55 AM EDT
[#13]
It just went off, the round (or shot) curved at a 90 degree angle, and hit my husband squarely in the chest. Or more commonly known as, "I shot my husband on purpose"
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:43:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Talk about a Blow-Job...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:19:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Mr Darwin wins again. Dumbass gave her a loaded gun, and didn't even check it first. Accidents do happen, but they're mostly preceded by someone screwing up.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:31:28 AM EDT
[#16]
They need to add a bright yellow sticker to all guns: "Not to be used a sex toy."
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:33:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Well that's ... different.

Ban Shania Twain, do it for the children.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:35:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Asked why she had not mentioned the sex game when interviewed by police, she said she had been confused.

She's full of shit.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:37:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

AaaaaaaaaaaaaMEN!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:39:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Jenny,
did you make sure the gun was unloaded?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:47:10 AM EDT
[#21]
pic removed per coc
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:11:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Damn, I wonder why OJ didn't try that defense.  He could have sworn he was cavorting about with a sword for Nicole and Ron when he accidentally almost cut their heads off and stabbed them 50 times each.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:16:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#24]

A weapons expert told the court that the safety catch, used to prevent the accidental firing of the gun, was faulty and it could have gone off without anyone touching the trigger.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:33:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Can you all not see the tradegy of country music? Howlong are we going to stand for the murder of innocent middle age men at the hands of drunken hopped up Shania Twain cultists? How long before one of YOU falls prey to this wanton country music violence? What would the good doctor King say? How long oh lord how long before we can send out children to school without a threat from this cursed music????
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:34:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She's full of shit.

+1

Man, I feel like a convict.

TA-TA, DA-DA-DA, TA-TA!

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:34:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Stupid hurts.

Or in this case, it kills.

Darwin  - 1

The Species - 0

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:41:18 AM EDT
[#28]
BSA 500 shotgun??????
Browning Semi-auto?????
BSA optics now make shotguns?????
Let's see,firearms,alcohol
hmmmmmmm................not a good combination.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:47:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

A weapons expert told the court that the safety catch, used to prevent the accidental firing of the gun, was faulty and it could have gone off without anyone touching the trigger.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

On loan from the local ATF branch, no doubt.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:53:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:05:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Wow.

I guess I'll strike 'Shotty strip tease for the hubby' off the To Do list...

Oh come on....you KNOW you wanna.....

That and IED strip tease. Both are a hoot. Or so I am told.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:15:06 AM EDT
[#32]
So is 999 like 911 only better, or what?

eh, limeys... nevermind
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:18:59 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Ban Shania Twain, do it for the children.

HEY - let's not get crazy here....

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:20:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Man...so you are telling me loaded firearms don't make good sex toys?!?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:34:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#36]
I think you are all missing the key point:

It's Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:52:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I think you are all missing the key point:

It's Bush's fault.

Of course....what was I thinking?

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:55:19 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Mr Darwin wins again. Dumbass gave her a loaded gun, and didn't even check it first. Accidents do happen, but they're mostly preceded by someone screwing up.

Finger on the trigger
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:00:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Proof that not all rednecks live in the US.

Quoted:
BSA 500 shotgun??????
Browning Semi-auto?????
BSA optics now make shotguns?????
Let's see,firearms,alcohol
hmmmmmmm................not a good combination.

British Small Arms. A British company that makes....uh....small arms. And motorcycles. I don't know if they're still in business or not.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:14:29 AM EDT
[#40]

Asked why she had not mentioned the sex game when interviewed by police, she said she had not been confused instructed to do so by her lawyer yet.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#41]
""We were playing with a gun, it just went off. I don't believe it.""

brilliant
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:35:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Handing his wife a loaded shotgun was a MISTAKE.... sex game or no!  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:36:13 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Shania Twain Faith Hill is the one true MILF from which all others are measured.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:39:57 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Talk about a Blow-Job...

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#45]
What the hell was she thinking?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#46]

'How my husband died in our Shania Twain sex game'

Best thread title ever.  Look how many times this thread has been viewed.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Paging Gil Marshall Andrews and Co to start a total ban on shotguns now in Great Britian......
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Shania Twain Faith Hill is the one true MILF from which all others are measured.

I suppose neither of you are familiar with Brooke Burke. SHE is the #1 milf
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Those of you wondering why he would hand his wife a loaded shotgun - you all are VERY gullible.  If I ever wind up on trial for murder, I want you on the jury.

The odds of it "just going off" when it happened to be pointed RIGHT AT HIM are too slim to calculate.  She has merely concocted a BS story to plant a seed of doubt, trusting on people's lack of familiarity with firearms.

I'd like to know more about this "safety catch," as well.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I suppose neither of you are familiar with Brooke Burke. SHE is the #1 milf

Monica Belluci is hotter than Brooke Burke, although I kinda have a thing for BB too. It's a shame she's not doing Wild On anymore.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top