Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 9:44:06 PM EDT
CONVICTED OF LESSER CHARGE: By April Wenk

An Ada woman has been convicted of disorderly conduct for writing a letter to a local newspaper threatening to shoot down ultra light planes flying near her home.

Wilma Harris had been charged with inducing panic, a first degree misdemeanor, by writing the letter to the Ada herald last August.

Her trial began today in front of Judge Gregory Grimslid who found her guilty of the lesser charge.

In the letter, Harris expressed her frustrations with the air traffic taking off from the Ada airport.

Harris wrote, quote, "I’d like to pretend these planes were blackbirds in the sky and shoot them down."

The defense says Harris was expressing her frustration over the annoyances of the planes over her property and was simply exercising freedom of speech in writing the letter.

the prosecution contends, in post September 11th society, any such phrase or wording must be taken seriously, and in this case did break the law.

Among the witnesses testifying for the prosecution: T-S-A officials, local authorities, and the airport's owner.

Harris will be sentenced arch March 10th.

www.wlio.com/localNews.aspx?NewsID=3246

Now, she is indeed a cunt who licks the sweat off the dirty assholes of goats for bitching about an airport that SHE FUCKING KNEW EXISTED, but for fuck's sake - "in a post 9/11 society"?  Fuck.  A pox on these cocksuckers.  The QUOTED line was obviously not a threat of any kind.

Ooops - I hope the TSA doesn't interpret my use of the word "pox" as a threat.  God knows they are fucking illiterate enough to do so.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:12:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Shameless bump
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:22:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#3]
The stupidity is un-imaginable.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:33:52 AM EDT
[#4]
What do you want to bet she willingly moved to the house next to the airport and then started to complain once she was there.  She should go to jail for being stupid.  People that move next to a gun range and then complain about the noise or move next to a farm and then complain about the smell are idiots.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:35:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Was the letter published.

If so wouldn't the newspaper have some responsibility. Not that I agree that her statement would induce public panic.

I just think the newspaper has a responsibility to not print a letter that would "induce public panic". I know that in my city the newspaper does not print every letter to the editor.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:37:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree with your claim that both the DA and the letter writer are morons.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:39:38 AM EDT
[#7]
hmmmm. I really don't like where this is heading. 'In a post 9/11 society' what else will be considered a crime? Thoughts? private letters? opinions?

this is a bad beginning for futuere expectations of guaranteed and protected freedoms.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:39:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:41:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

www.wlio.com/localNews.aspx?NewsID=3246

Now, she is indeed a cunt who licks the sweat off the dirty assholes of goats for bitching about an airport that SHE FUCKING KNEW EXISTED, but for fuck's sake - "in a post 9/11 society"?  Fuck.  A pox on these cocksuckers.  The QUOTED line was obviously not a threat of any kind.

Ooops - I hope the TSA doesn't interpret my use of the word "pox" as a threat.  God knows they are fucking illiterate enough to do so.

So, tell us how you REALLY feel....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:58:20 AM EDT
[#10]
The Democrats are well on their way to squashing the 2nd amendment.  It is time for them to start working on another.  Looks like maybe the first is in their sights.

Some things you just can't say, for the common good.  Christianity can no longer be practiced, for the common good.  Everyone will pray to Mecca five times a day, in the name of peace.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
hmmmm. I really don't like where this is heading. 'In a post 9/11 society' what else will be considered a crime? Thoughts? private letters? opinions?

this is a bad beginning for futuere expectations of guaranteed and protected freedoms.

I KNOW I've written shit on Arfcom that was far more threatening than what she was arrested for.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder how long before the threats made here about shooting some types of individuals (illegals, rapists, etc) will be grounds for arrest "in this new post 9/11 world" we now live in??

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I would like to pretend that I am G*d and smite you all.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I wonder how long before the threats made here about shooting some types of individuals (illegals, rapists, etc) will be grounds for arrest "in this new post 9/11 world" we now live in??

They just haven't gotten to us yet.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Be vewy, vewy quiet, the thought police are alive and well.

Isn't this the same thing happening in the UK?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top