Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2001 9:41:36 PM EDT
I know this was discussed before, but there was never any concrete evidence posted that a reciprocity agreement was actually made between Alabama and Florida.  Searching around, I found this.

------------------------------------------------
[size=4][b]Alabama and Florida Reach Reciprocity Agreement[/b][/size=4]

[b]Alabama[/b] and [b]Florida[/b] have entered into a joint reciprocity agreement regarding "Right to Carry" permits. Effective [b]August 1, 2001[/b] valid carry permit holders from each state may carry across state lines.
------------------------------------------------

This is from the NRA-ILA web site.  The specific link is [url]http://www.nraila.org/LegislativeUpdate.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=89[/url].  While I generally trust what the NRA prints, I would still like confirmation by Alabama and Florida officials before I start carrying my handgun concealed into Florida.  Anyone have a link to an official state web site that can confirm this?

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 9:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice to know that I can go on vacation and carry legally. Thanks for the info kind sir.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, I just answered my own question.  With a little more searching, I found [url]http://www.ago.state.al.us/ag_items.cfm?Issue=64[/url].  There's a big fat [b]YES[/b] for reciprocity next to the listing of Florida.  A nice surprise, there is a Yes next to Mississippi too.  Cool beans!

USPC40

Link Posted: 8/16/2001 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#5]
For Florida rsidents that one pretty much makes it a safe thing in most of the south. Ga, Al, Ms, La, Tx, and Tn off top of my head ( total of 18 states total now I think). Yeah- we are gun friendly!
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I also found a press release from the Alabama Attorney General which also confirms and further clarifies the reciprocity.

[url]http://www.ago.state.al.us/news_template.cfm?Record_ID=574[/url]

I'm a happy man now! [:D]

USPC40

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top