Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 1:48:58 PM EDT
Check out this pistol that blew up after a double charge in a Dillon 550B

Big Bang!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#1]
looks like hes lucky the scope mount was there...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey that's not a Glock?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That's why you choose a powder bulky enough to fill the case when using a progressive loader. Bulky powders make overcharges impossible.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard that an undercharged round can also cause a kaboom in revolvers.  Where the slower moving bullet down the barrel will cause the pressures to remain longer in the chanber.  The guy's writeup stated that he was trying to use lighter loads...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#5]
And that is why Glock no longers make revovlers.

KA-BOOM
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's why you choose a powder bulky enough to fill the case when using a progressive loader. Bulky powders make overcharges impossible.

Big +1.  I also have a RCBS powder checker in one station.  I get paranoid about using small amounts of Bullseye to make subsonic 9mm loads.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

They might make DOUBLE charges impossible, but overcharges are still possible in most cases.  This is especially true of older cartridges like the .38spl and .45 Colt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top