Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2001 9:02:29 PM EDT
If you have access to today's handgun values, would you look up the IVERSON Hammerless Revolver Pistol, .32cal, LNIB. Original box, papers, cleaning brush. Thanks in advance for your effort.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh, I don't see any manufacturer by that name in my book.

Could it be Iver Johnson?
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#2]
sorry, don't have a handbook on firearm value, but I do have a handarm on firebook value, is that any help??? NO seriously, I've never heard of an IVERSON.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's an Iver Johnson Safety Hammerless, then this is what I found:

.32S&W or .38S&W cal., 2,3(.32 only),3 1/4, 5 or 6 inch barrel, double action only, break open, fixed sights, rubber grips, blue or nickel. Mfg, 1895-1950.

It shows 100% = $125.00

Seems kinda low to me.

My source is the Blue Book Of Gun Values, Twenty First Edition.

Interesting looking handgun.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 9:59:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Price guides for firearms are always worthless for the most part. They are only a general guide for pricing and are most often unrealistic as compared to the actual market. The editors of these rags seem to interject their own likes (price things exorbitantly high) and dislikes (worth less than whale shit) rather than accurately convey what the market will or will not bear. If it's any help, Iver Johnson firearms rarely command any monetary value of any significance. This is not to say that the piece is junk, but that collectors haven't created that niche for them as yet.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I just checked my Guntracker 2.0 software and there is no listing of Iverson as a manufacturer. There was however, an Iver Arms listing; and they had quite a few revolvers. I did not really go further because your posting was kinda generic,i.e.

Iverson Hammerless Revolver Pistol, .32cal,
View Quote

I'd look for it under Iver Arms but they all have names like Colt puts on their firearms, you know...Anaconda,Python..blah..blah..blah. You get my point, right.

Alex
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 10:06:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm, I don't have a listing for Iver Arms either. Just Iver Johnson Arms Inc.

And, yeah, the price guides are just a reference source. Hopefully no one here uses just the books when making a purchase.

Link Posted: 8/17/2001 6:49:02 AM EDT
[#7]
It is an Iver Johnson. Thanks to all those who took the trouble to look it up, and correct me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top