Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 12:45:07 PM EDT
I am ditching my three year old Moto T730 for a Razr (Verizon model).

This will be my first Bluetooth-enabled device.

Recommend a Bluetooth headset for me.  It will be used for car duty only.  In other words, less than 2x per week.  So I'm not looking at super-frequent use!

This is what Verizon is offering me:

Bluetooth BT320:  $45

Motorola H500:  $52

Jabra JBT350V:  $60

Bluetooth HS850:  $75

I am leaning towards the BT320.  I don't need the "vibrate" function on my headset as with the more expensive models.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the H500 - I love it.  No issues, works and sounds good.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah a co-worker says he has the H500 and he likes it as well.  He says the only thing he wishes it had is a mike boom.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Motorola H500. No issues. and it's a Motorola.
 or go with a Jabra® JBT150 Bluetooth Headset {think they were the first one out w/ bluetooth headsets}
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:15:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks again ... that Bluespoon unit is tiny!

TBS, 9-10hrs a day on your cell?  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:18:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a couple of the Motorola units that use AAA batteries. Becuase I leave the headset in the car and don't want to have to worry about charging it, the AAA units were the only choice. They are bigger than the high-tech rechargeable ones, work great, and since I leave a pack of AAA batteries in the glove box, I'm never without a headset if I need one.

Girlfriend has a super high tech tiny one; everytime she goes to use it she runs out of charge in 15 minutes because she hasn't brought it back in the house to recharge.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:19:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bluespoon AX2 - Ultra Tiny, fits inside the ear(so you can wear sunglasses or glasses) and has a nice long talk time.

+1
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:22:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

STOP  before you make the switch to the Razr, heed these words.  The RAZR sucks.

Battery life is non-existant
RF Quality sucks
and they have software issues that will cost you time.

This is not limited to the Verizon RAZR but all carriers.

If you want recommendations, IM me.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:26:36 AM EDT
[#10]
My Razr works fine and so does my wifes.

I have the H500 and it works great.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:28:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Too bad you are the exception and not the rule...  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:41:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I just picked up this package yesterday.  I love it so far
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So says you.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:02:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:07:03 AM EDT
[#15]
i have a new razr and use the plantronics 510. Has boom mike and sits behind the ear. Range is very poor though, gonna likely return the headset and try the jabra.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:12:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
STOP  before you make the switch to the Razr, heed these words.  The RAZR sucks.

I appreciate the input but I asked a lot of RAZR owners here at work and they all love their phones.  We use Verizon on our corporate account so we did not have any issues with the Cingular or AT&T RAZRs that were recalled a while back.  I guess I'll have to see how my phone works out, it's already on order.  

At any rate, it's hard to beat for $99 (and had to sign up for a 2 year deal ... it's been 3+ years since my last new phone/contract).
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#18]
+1 on bluetooth.  My wife got hers and I can hear her much more clearly.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:04:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I haven't had any problems with my VZ Razr V3c.

Although, I would like the option to ring and vibrate at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#20]
tag
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been using the  Motorola V710 with the H700 headset. Make sure you wear the phone and the headset on the same side while outdoors.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:07:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My RAZR works great! Battery life is better than most. I have to recharge less often than any other cell I've had. The best thing so far is I haven't had a dropped call yet (Cingular). So I must be an exception to the rule too.

(BTW, thanks for the recommendations on the bluetooth headset because I'm looking for one too.)

Another exception here, I barely have to charge it once a week.  As far as BT headsets go, don't get the HS815. I got it free with my RAZR and its ok I guess, but kind of staticky and it locked up on me a couple of times.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I have the razor, and dont worry its a great phone. I use to work for a Large cell company and every time I hear a person complain about battery life I am 99% certain its a user malfunction.
Youll get exactly the amount of time the specs say as long as you train your battery and dont charge it until it is near dead, and when you do charge it overnight.

The 850 is the best. Its the fastest to switch between the handset to bluetooth and back again by just a flip of the boom.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RF Quality sucks

I have a RAZR v3 (GSM) and use T-mobile, and all this is not true, at least in my case.

I get 4-5 days of battery life
RF is as good or better than my old V600
and there are no SW issues at least with this one.  I think the Verizon version is crippled, but mine is great.

Plus I can sync to it via BT and I use it as a modem for computer to do GPRS when I am out of reach of a decent WiFi hotspot.

Geoff
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I appreciate the input but I asked a lot of RAZR owners here at work and they all love their phones.  We use Verizon on our corporate account so we did not have any issues with the Cingular or AT&T RAZRs that were recalled a while back.  I guess I'll have to see how my phone works out, it's already on order.  

At any rate, it's hard to beat for $99 (and had to sign up for a 2 year deal ... it's been 3+ years since my last new phone/contract).

We've had great results with GSM technology RAZR's (cingular)... the recall only affected a particular manufacturing batch (about one month from early Feb to early Mar)

I have the Moto HS850 and really like it.  Sound quality and range are very good, and the flip mic boom which powers the headset on and off is super convenient.  Only downside is that the receive audio volume is not very loud, it's not loud enough for some users/environments.  Plus it uses the motorola chargers (it would work on your existing T730 chargers) and they have a neat splitter cable so you can charge the RAZR and headset at the same time from a RAZR charger.

ETA:

Quoted:
I think the Verizon version is crippled

That's my understanding.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#27]
The wife and I just got new phones about a month and a half ago (Cingular flavor). We got identical packages, Moto Razr and a Moto H500 blue tooth headset. Previously I had a Nokia and she had a Moto V60. We got a deal and only paid $50 for each phone with a 2 yr contract.

We REALLY like the phones and headsets.

We have a large two story house. I can leave the phone at one end and the headset still works at the other end of the house. If I walk out to the mail box at the end of the drive I'll lose signal from the headset (with the phone left in the house).

One nice feature is that the the headset and the phone use the same charger, so we got four chargers in our purchase. One down side is that car chargers are about $30, nearly twice other types.

The speakerphone option on the phone works really well.

I paid the $30 to download the phone software from Motorola. I think it's worth it. Among other things it syncs the phonebook (in the phone) with Outlook on my computer. You can use it to make a ringtone from any sound or music on your computer (this is very fast and easy). The software does other stuff but this is what I have used.

We like 'em.

Vic out.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I just got the Motorola HS820 from Tigerdirect for $34.99. I works great, nice and clear. It has all the features of the more expensive models except vibrate. Happy with it so far.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:24:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#30]
hs850 get it off ebay
Mine works
great battery life
Note
voice recognition is spotty but that is the razrs fault not the headset

I have the Moto HS850 and really like it. Sound quality and range are very good, and the flip mic boom which powers the headset on and off is super convenient. Only downside is that the receive audio volume is not very loud, it's not loud enough for some users/environments. Plus it uses the motorola chargers (it would work on your existing T730 chargers) and they have a neat splitter cable so you can charge the RAZR and headset at the same time from a RAZR charger.

Hey no problems
You can go to www.motomodders.net and adjust the volumes. I did.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

RF Quality sucks

What in god's name are you babbling about?

I can get 4-5 days off one charge with approx. 2 hours talktime per day, the RF is better than any Nokia or Samsung I've had, and apart from a firmware issue on one batch (which was pulled and inmmediately replaced by Moto) the software, especially on GSM versions, has been fine.  Moto Phone Tools is immensely helpful, and the Bluetooth pairing is simple.

Let me guess.. you're selling something that's NOT a razr.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:33:19 PM EDT
[#32]
I love my Razr but the only problem I have with mine is that dirt, pocket lint, and whatever else has gotten into my screen making it pretty hard to see outside during the day. I guess it could be worse, but it's just annoying. That's my only beef with the Razr though. My battery life is great and the reception is good, well for cingular anyway. Inside some buildings is crap but that's no biggy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top