Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 12:13:13 PM EDT
You have nothing to look forward to, I was just thinking damn I can't wait for the weekend, then I realized that it is going to blow. I have to work Saturday,

The only possible thing that I can see as being postive is the posibility of getting drunk friday night and hopefully doing absolutely nothing.  I could get a steak/beer , that would be pretty fun but I am starting to get a gut so I probably shouldn't be eating that crap.

Anyone else have nothing to look forward to?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Switch from beer to vodka or whiskey and keep eating the steak, kinda like atkins diet.

Edit: Yea life can be a fuckin drag at times, just try to focus on the good.Will you get overtime for Saturday?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Switch from beer to vodka or whiskey and keep eating the steak, kinda like atkins diet.

Edit: Yea life can be a fuckin drag at times, just try to focus on the good.Will you get overtime for Saturday?

nah,

You really think its beer giving me the gut or just alchohol?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Get into bodybuilding...
You won't have time to think about things to look forward to...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Not really. I'm just passing time living my completely ordinary, boring suburbanite life. How is it possible to have so much, but have so little at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Yea, doing the auctioneering at a National Wild Turkey Federation banquet on Sat. eve...
And I have a hot date to take to it!!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]
One shot of Vodka has something like 40 calories and no carbs.Even a light beer has like what, I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 125.I love beer but as soon as I cut my intake I lost weight.Another thing is getting in shape is a good way to feel better about yourself and your life.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:34:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I think that I have nothing to look forward to sometimes.  My life actually has a lot of great aspects, but if one or two things is out of whack then it feel like the whole shooting match has gone to shit.  Times like that, I go for a run or lift weights and count my blessings.

Yes, today was one of those days, and I just got back from taking a couple of loops around the local park/pond.  I'm glad it's such a beautiful day, because I feel a fair bit better.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You have nothing to look forward to, I was just thinking damn I can't wait for the weekend, then I realized that it is going to blow. I have to work Saturday,

The only possible thing that I can see as being postive is the posibility of getting drunk friday night and hopefully doing absolutely nothing.  I could get a steak/beer , that would be pretty fun but I am starting to get a gut so I probably shouldn't be eating that crap.

You know my ole saying "Life is just one big kick in the balls" Gotta just roll with it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Take up long distance running.  Then instead of looking forward to work, you'll look forward to 5 hour long runs (where you're paid... nothing... in cash )

Here's a list of things, in no particular order, I'd like to do If I otherwise had nothing to look forward to:

1.  Brew my own beer
2.  Play some Battlefield 2
3.  Go shooting (this is a gun board, right?)
4.  Send my malfunctioning Garand into a decent smith for repair
5.  Practice my IPSC draw and reload
6.  Drink some of my own beer
7.  Reinstall my servers with Fedora Core 5
8.  Web browsing, web browsing, web browsing...
9.  PT (to offset the effects of the above)

Make your own list and pick one.  If your job is getting you down, try to picture your life without income.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

This comming weekend TULSA GUNSHOW.... 3800 tables. If you look at every table, you will walk over 6 MILES ! ONE 10 acre building.

What more can you ask for????
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Vodka...does a body good!

Greg? Every day above ground's a good day...Just plan to pull a practical joke on a co-worker Saturday...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

This comming weekend TULSA GUNSHOW.... 3800 tables. If you look at every table, you will walk over 6 MILES ! ONE 10 acre building.

What more can you ask for????

So that's why I'm always worn out!  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I have friday night off, I got invited to go watch some "dancing team" girls from college tomorrow, ROCHESTER GUN SHOW sat-sun, probably go saturday morning and meet up with the WNY ARF crew, then working all night saturday and all day sunday, with OT pay. Oh yeah...then some homework.

I hear ya though...whenever I am feeling down or like i have nothing to look forward to, I take the chance to try and learn something new in life, read a good book, or pay attention to the little blessings in life that we all seem to miss.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Sunday I'm moving to a 9,000 acre ranch in the Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming for the next two years...  does that qualify?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Welcome to my world!

Dude....  Your life sucks.   At least this thread isn't about some chick problems

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:18:43 PM EDT
[#17]
i get alot of exercise, maybe thats why I so burnt out?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Going kayaking on Saturday, and then to a big seafood bash with co-workers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nah,

You really think its beer giving me the gut or just alchohol?

Don't drink alcohol.  Wieght for weight, alcohol has the same number of calories as fat.  So if you have beer gut, that is the reason why.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:16:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Sunday I'm moving to a 9,000 acre ranch in the Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming for the next two years...  does that qualify?

that sounds really nice.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:17:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Would you like to trade places?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

that sucks!  i have a lot of "i can't wait till" comming up.

This weekend: gunshow on sat, arfcom south dade shoot on sunday

may 12: graduation
may13: commissioning
june 13: enter active duty
sometime after that: pilot school

good times ahead!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Not really, no.

I don't know how many tomorrows I'm going to get, so I just try to treat every day that I'm still well like it's a gift. Make the most of every heartbeat. I'd go crazy if I gave in to that kind of thinking.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top