Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 11:53:42 AM EDT
Few days ago I noticed a growth on my bulldogs inner thigh, took him in yesterday to have it removed, no bigge, the vet called a few hours later and said that he came out of the surgery fine, but they wanted to keep him overnight because of the location the tumor was in. They said it was the size of a tennis ball. Anyhow, got a call a few hours later from the vet saying that he had died, apparently the tumor was causing a lot of blood clotting, and a blood clot got loose and went to his brain. Its bothering me a lot more than I thought it would, I guess its because it was because it was so sudden and unexpected because he was so young and healthy. I seriously havent cried in like 15 or so years, but I balled like a baby about 5 times yesterday.

RIP:03-28-06

Gonna miss looking outside and seeing him sleeping on the trampoline

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Its hard to lose a good friend. I hug my dog for ya.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#3]
SBCZILLA, I am so sorry for your loss.  

We lost our bulldog back in October and miss her terribly.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Rest in Peace young pup! I know how you feel. My dogs are my life.

Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Dogs Don't Have Souls, Do They?

I remember bringing you home. You were so small and cuddly with your tiny paws and soft fur.
You bounced around the room with eyes flashing and ears flopping.

Once in a while, you'd let out a little yelp just to let me know this was your territory.
Making a mess of the house and chewing on everything in sight became a passion, and when I scolded you, you just put your head down and looked up at me with those innocent eyes, as if to say, "I'm sorry, but I'll do it again as soon as you're not watching."

As you got older, you protected me by looking out the window and barking at everyone who walked by.
When I had a tough day at work, you would be waiting for me with your tail wagging just to say, "Welcome home. I missed you. "You never had a bad day, and I could always count on you to be there for me.

When I sat down to read the paper and watch TV, you would hop on my lap, looking for attention. You never asked for anything more than for me to pat your head so you could go to sleep with your head over my leg.

As you got older, you moved around more slowly. Then, one day, old age finally took its toll, and you couldn't stand on those wobbly legs anymore. I knelt down and patted you lying there, trying to make you young again. You just looked up at me as if to say you were old and tired and that after all these years of not asking for anything, you had to ask me for one last favor. With tears in my eyes, I drove you one last time to the vet. One last time, you were lying next to me.

For some strange reason, you were able to stand up in the animal hospital, perhaps it was your sense of pride.

As the vet led you away, you stopped for an instant, turned your head and looked at me as if to say, "Thank you for taking care of me.

I thought, "No... thank you for taking care of me."

By Chuck Wells

My condolences.....
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#6]
RIP little fella
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got two bullies, one male one female, brother and sister.....Best friends I could ever have
I couldnt imagine losing one of 'em (both about a year old) My heart goes out to you Just let your emotions go full circle, he's in a good place
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had many dogs

the one I have now is special, she is very protective (not aggressive, just very watchful) and the smartest dog I have ever had.

I will be sad they day she passes . I know what you mean.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#10]
That sucks
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#11]
That's sad.  Sorry for your loss SBCZILLA.  I lost my almost 7 year old Golden Retriever to cancer almost 2 years ago and I'm still not over it.

- CD
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry for your loss...my cat died a few days ago, and that's not fun.  But having lost dogs, losing a cat is not nearly as bad as losing a dog (course, all the dogs I've lost have been in the family for years, the cat wasn't even a year old when hey just turned up stiff.)
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#13]
You'll see him again at the bridge.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry to hear of your loss. I have 3 labs, and can't imagine how hard it will be when they are gone. Dogs are one of Gods greatest gifts to us, and I'm sure without a doubt, they will be in Heaven to greet us when we get there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn sorry!!  Tuff when you loose a best friend like that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#16]
RIP
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Bad news. I dont know what I would do if my Pom ever died
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:06:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm very sorry. He looks like a great dog.  Cherish your memories.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

thats a sad story.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I remember bringing you home. You were so small and cuddly with your tiny paws and soft fur.
You bounced around the room with eyes flashing and ears flopping.

Once in a while, you'd let out a little yelp just to let me know this was your territory.
Making a mess of the house and chewing on everything in sight became a passion, and when I scolded you, you just put your head down and looked up at me with those innocent eyes, as if to say, "I'm sorry, but I'll do it again as soon as you're not watching."

As you got older, you protected me by looking out the window and barking at everyone who walked by.
When I had a tough day at work, you would be waiting for me with your tail wagging just to say, "Welcome home. I missed you. "You never had a bad day, and I could always count on you to be there for me.

When I sat down to read the paper and watch TV, you would hop on my lap, looking for attention. You never asked for anything more than for me to pat your head so you could go to sleep with your head over my leg.

As you got older, you moved around more slowly. Then, one day, old age finally took its toll, and you couldn't stand on those wobbly legs anymore. I knelt down and patted you lying there, trying to make you young again. You just looked up at me as if to say you were old and tired and that after all these years of not asking for anything, you had to ask me for one last favor. With tears in my eyes, I drove you one last time to the vet. One last time, you were lying next to me.

For some strange reason, you were able to stand up in the animal hospital, perhaps it was your sense of pride.

As the vet led you away, you stopped for an instant, turned your head and looked at me as if to say, "Thank you for taking care of me.

I thought, "No... thank you for taking care of me."

By Chuck Wells

My condolences.....

Now I'm crying.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I had to put the first dog I had to sleep in 1997. It was not pleasant. I still miss her. She was much better behaved than the three dogs I've come into now.

My dad had to shoot one of his favorite dogs because it was killing sheep.

May God comfort you in the loss of a friend.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#24]
He looks like such a sweet dog.  I am sorry about your loss.  Maybe he and Nappy (1977-1991) can get together.

Bilster
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Sorry for yor loss
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I am very sorry for your loss - I also own an American Bulldog - I can only imagine how you feel.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:29:06 PM EDT
[#28]
God bless friend. To have a someone you love pass away so suddenly and unexpectedly is really hard. I've gone through that quite a few times with animals. Just know that's he's in a better place and God willing you'll see him again.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Im also an American Bull dog owner..........................and i cant say id know what to do with out him! You will always be able to say that you loved him and gave him the best life you could offer. I am very sorry to here about your loss..................He is in a world you couldnt even dream up tho!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top