Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 11:05:06 AM EDT
Lookin for some help fellas,

I've been boxing at a gym for about 4 months now pretty religiously 3-4 hours a day 6 days a week.  We recently started sparring about 2 months ago and have had my contact knocked out of place few times now.  Wasn't really a big deal because they would slip back into place after a few blinks but now I have lost one and I know its just a matter of time before I lose another one.  

Boxing without them isn't really a option because of poor eyesight and I was informed by my doc that its not a good idea to box after having lasik surgery.

Is there a type of contact that is less prone to "popping" out or made for contact sports??
I'm gonna start amateur boxing soon and I would hate for my contact to pop out during an actual match.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#1]
When I wore gas permeable 'semi-soft' lenses, I would frequently have one pop out.  I switched to the disposable lenses and have never lost one.  They are much larger and cover more of the cornea.

What type are you using?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
When I wore gas permeable 'semi-soft' lenses, I would frequently have one pop out.  I switched to the disposable lenses and have never lost one.  They are much larger and cover more of the cornea.

What type are you using?

I use the gas permeable.  I stick with those because they are supposedly better for your eyes because of more oxygen getting to your eyes.  I guess maybe I can order some disposable and use those only when I box.

Anyone else have any feedback?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I used disposables and squirt some saline in your eyes. It will help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top