Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/29/2006 10:12:05 AM EDT
As a fellow SIG owner, I am really upset with them over the past few years.

1.  First of all the DAK trigger is not the greatest think to ever hit the firearms market.  There were DAO pistols before it and there will be other DAO pistols in the future.  It's nice to have different firing control options but I'm fucking tired of hearing about it.  Also, I fail to see how everyone has used a SA or SA/DA pistol for the past 100 years but SWAT and other tactical operators are incable of using a SA or SA/DA and need a DAK.

2.  The SIG Mosquito.  We've already established this is a piece of crap.

3.   The Crapco SIG 556.  It's was clear to SIG we wanted a traditional 550 series and not cheap plastic crap.  I fail to see how someone can justfy buying a SIG556 for $1300 when they can by an Armalite AR-180B for $500 and get the exact same thing except for a chrome lined barrel.  Don't try to tell me the SIG comes with a bunch of extras like a railed handguard.  Those handguards are not in the same league as a KAC, DD, LaRue, etc model

4.  They refuse to sell more P226Rs with the treaded barrel

5.  I open the new 2006 catalogue and see SIG bragging about who uses their pistols.  I see one of those who uses there product is the ATF.  Yeah, that really wants to make me buy your product when I see you are proud to arm the people who strip away my RKBA.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#1]
FUCK SIG! "x87""
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Realistically you could come up with some beef on every gun manufacture.

I've never personally been fond of SIG's.

Don't get me wrong, they make quality stuff.

Their stuff just doesn't stand out and you could find the same functioning firearm elsewhere for cheaper and a bit more ergonomically sound.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Sheesh, just don't buy them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#4]
WShat is wrong with the Mosquito? I was thinking of getting one soon.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:32:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Friend of mine got one, and jams on every type of ammo out of the box. It's been at Sig for repairs for over a month now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Piss and moan, piss and moan.

If you dont like SIG, fine, but stop whining about it.

Honestly, do you think any SIG owners gives a damn about your opinions on the company.  Youre no more of SIG expert than you are a Colt expert.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't fault them for any of that.

What I do fault them for, is not finding a way to prevent their pistols from selling at 1.5-2 times what they should be worth.

I know about the problems with the Euro and all that, but it ticks me off what a SIG goes for these days.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Sig is top dog

that is why every top LEO / Military unit  that don't have to pinch pennies uses a SIG.

Secret Service
Delta
Navy Seals
name it

Don't like Sig, well there is always Ruger for folks like you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't really like SIG's either, but my 229 is a hell of a shooter!

And I love that the company sells refurbed ex-LEO models to the general public.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Well its apparent some cannot comprehened anything I said.

I said I was a SIG owner.

I never said there centerfire pistols were crap.

I listed a several poor actions the company had made within the past few years.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Could be worse.  
At least they're not Colt.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sig is top dog

that is why every top LEO / Military unit  that don't have to pinch pennies uses a SIG.

Secret Service
Delta
Navy Seals
name it

So, you are what, 15? 16?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:47:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sig is top dog

Secret Service
Delta
Navy Seals
name it

The SIG is in Counter-Strike, so it must be good.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
1.  First of all the DAK trigger is not the greatest think to ever hit the firearms market.  There were DAO pistols before it and there will be other DAO pistols in the future.  It's nice to have different firing control options but I'm fucking tired of hearing about it.  Also, I fail to see how everyone has used a SA or SA/DA pistol for the past 100 years but SWAT and other tactical operators are incable of using a SA or SA/DA and need a DAK.

Response the LE requirements for a "better" DAO.  Don't like the DAK, don't buy one.

2.  The SIG Mosquito.  We've already established this is a piece of crap.

No opinion on the matter.

3.   The Crapco SIG 556.  It's was clear to SIG we wanted a traditional 550 series and not cheap plastic crap.  I fail to see how someone can justfy buying a SIG556 for $1300 when they can by an Armalite AR-180B for $500 and get the exact same thing except for a chrome lined barrel.  Don't try to tell me the SIG comes with a bunch of extras like a railed handguard.  Those handguards are not in the same league as a KAC, DD, LaRue, etc model

Wow, another gripe about the 556.  I'm shocked.

4.  They refuse to sell more P226Rs with the treaded barrel

TFB.  Plenty of aftermarket barrels out there if you really want one.  Very few manufacturers sell factory threaded barrels for their centerfire pistols.

5.  I open the new 2006 catalogue and see SIG bragging about who uses their pistols.  I see one of those who uses there product is the ATF.  Yeah, that really wants to make me buy your product when I see you are proud to arm the people who strip away my RKBA.

I got a ticket from the CT State Police.  They are issued 229s.  Look for my 229 on the EE.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I got a ticket from the CT State Police.  They are issued 229s.  Look for my 229 on the EE.

LOL
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't give a damn about any of that.  I like SIGs and won't hesitate to buy another if the mood strikes me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
As a fellow SIG owner, I am really upset with them over the past few years.

Police administrators love DAO pistols. At least the DAK is a DECENT DAO system that you can actually shoot well, as it doesn't have a 800 pound trigger.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The SIG is in Counter-Strike, so it must be good.

Well I have fired lots and lots of rounds through them over the years, and I have always found them to be reliable high quality pistols, among the very best out of the box performers you are likely to find.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#19]
1. First of all the DAK trigger is not the greatest think to ever hit the firearms market. There were DAO pistols before it and there will be other DAO pistols in the future. It's nice to have different firing control options but I'm fucking tired of hearing about it. Also, I fail to see how everyone has used a SA or SA/DA pistol for the past 100 years but SWAT and other tactical operators are incable of using a SA or SA/DA and need a DAK.

Obviously there is a need for it, many agencys are asking for it

2. The SIG Mosquito. We've already established this is a piece of crap.

have no idea, .22 cal pistols are for women and guys who believed the movie assasan was real.

3. The Crapco SIG 556. It's was clear to SIG we wanted a traditional 550 series and not cheap plastic crap. I fail to see how someone can justfy buying a SIG556 for $1300 when they can by an Armalite AR-180B for $500 and get the exact same thing except for a chrome lined barrel. Don't try to tell me the SIG comes with a bunch of extras like a railed handguard. Those handguards are not in the same league as a KAC, DD, LaRue, etc model

You have obviously never held the 556, and the photo's/demo models at shotshow were PROTOTYPES, created for the sole reason of gathering feed back from the customer, which they have already incorperated into the design with the addition of the standard 550 type folding stock

4. They refuse to sell more P226Rs with the treaded barrel

5. I open the new 2006 catalogue and see SIG bragging about who uses their pistols. I see one of those who uses there product is the ATF. Yeah, that really wants to make me buy your product when I see you are proud to arm the people who strip away my RKBA.

they are a company that makes and sells GUNS!!! dose it hurt when you think my coment was out of line, sory

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#20]
I just bought a Mosquito yesterday, have not been to the range yet , but it feels great and seems well built. I think Im going to lke it a bunch for target practice and letting my son work on his pistol skills.
 Plus its very close in size to alot of  my other hand guns as far as fitting my hand.

Dave
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#21]
5 on the rant scale.

You could have had something but I think you were holding back a little. Your anger failed to come across to me as being sincere. It seemed too bullety to be a rant, know what I mean.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

selling at 1.5-2 times what they should be worth.

So my P220  is really only worth as much as a ruger p95 or something? If you say so...

Just curious, what pistols do you think AREN'T overpriced? Hi-points?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#23]

Obviously there is a need for it, many agencys are asking for it

I never said there wasn't.  I just isn't "revolutionary" and I don't need to here about all the time.

You have obviously never held the 556, and the photo's/demo models at shotshow were PROTOTYPES, created for the sole reason of gathering feed back from the customer, which they have already incorperated into the design with the addition of the standard 550 type folding stock

The majority wanted a traditional 550.  This fact has been stated by SIG's own people.

they are a company that makes and sells GUNS!!! dose it hurt when you think

They could have listed some other customer beside the ATF.  This brings them no prestige they think they are getting.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Sigs are Ok they really dont do anything better than all the rest of the pistols on the market.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#25]
You’re right about the Mosquito.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Well I have fired lots and lots of rounds through them over the years, and I have always found them to be reliable high quality pistols, among the very best out of the box performers you are likely to find.

I never said they weren't
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#27]
6. sig decided that everyone must have a bulky, ugly-ass rail. Who on earth could possibly want a non-railed sig? No one, that's who, according to sig.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
6. sig decided that everyone must have a bulky, ugly-ass rail. Who on earth could possibly want a non-railed sig? No one, that's who, according to sig.

Good point.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#29]
They tryed to freshen up the 550 line, they did some things right, a few things wrong,  of the things the did "wrong" they were either cosmedic or people didn't understand that they were optional.

-the ar15 mags were a good idea

-the forarm was a little hokey but could be corrected

-the buttstock was an attemt to give a person more stock options, good idea, and there would be a 550esq aftermarket stock out in no time

- raised optics mounting rail, it was an option to get the low profile one because they are removable (everybody assumed that it wasn't)

-BUIS a little flimsy but easly corrected, and today everyone has some sort of glass on their rifle, afterall they are called "back up iron sights" for a reason.

As far as i'm concerned FNH and SIG can do no wrong at this point because at least they are going to great leangths and taking huge risks to bring us awsome new products.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#30]
I've used a few Sigs. My latest P226 9mm is a "R" model and it's the most accurate handgun I've used. Sig is a great company with great customer service.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#31]
I agree on them over hyping the DAK. I may be biased though as I think DAO sucks (and I'm holding back) anyways.

The Mosquito is proving itself to be a POS. I do have faith that SIG will fix this and make things right though.

The last I heard, SIG was heavily re-evaluating their situation. I'd be willing to bet we'll see a more traditional 550 styled 556, as well as the Tapco'd and SWAT models. Brugger and Thomet actually make some decent handguards from what I have seen.

I agree they should offer the threaded barrel again. I would love to be able to pick up a 220 or a 220 Carry with a threaded barrel. Hell, I'll admit I think all pistols should have a threaded barrel option from the manufacturer.

Bragging about the ATF seems illiogical, but I'd be willing to bet thousands of firearm retarded cops will see that as being a crucial factor in deciding what pistol they buy. This absolutely doesn't go for all law enforcement officers, but I've met some really stupid cops lately that would probably buy a gun just because the ATF did.

SIG could do a few things better, but they're still one of the few manufacturers to cater to civilians. Lately, I've been really impressed with FN, SIG, and Smith and Wesson. New products are great, but they're even better when I can actually buy them.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Check out CDNN's prices on used police trade-ins.

S&W from $249
Beretta from $269
SIG from $289
Glocks from $369

Largest price drop from new to used? SIG by a mile. Smallest price drop between new and used? Glock (especially when you consider the police price for a Glock).
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Piss and moan, piss and moan.

If you dont like SIG, fine, but stop whining about it.

Honestly, do you think any SIG owners gives a damn about your opinions on the company.  Youre no more of SIG expert than you are a Colt expert.

Obviously you do.......or you wouldnt have replied.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#34]
No, I'm just tired of people bitching because a gun company didnt give them what they wanted, ot the gun company makes something they dont approve of.  He did this in the Handgun boards, and he's doing it in GD.

The DAK was brought forth because there was a need.  Its revolutionary to SIG Sauer because until theDAK came out, it was either DA/SA or DAO.  HK calls their LEM trigger revolutionary as well.

He's decided the Mosquito is a PoS, because of a thread.  Funny, all the ones I shot were all reliable and fairly accurate.  Same thread, the guy that complained seemed to have gotten satisfaction in the outcome.

The 556s displayed at SHOT were nothing more than prototypes, but he tries to condemn the damned things before he has even got his grubby hands on it.  Seems he didnt do his homework on it either.

The P226Rs with threaded barrels were a limited production gun.  SIG even said that.  Its another case of him not doing his homework.  the worst part is its something that could be rectified easily, by a phone call to Jarvis or Barsto.

So what if the ATF uses SIGs.  So do a number of other agencies and depts that arent well liked on this board.  Every gun company that has a contract with an agency or department is going to brag about who uses them.  Thats common business sense.

Cry me a fucking river, bellyacher.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Seeing as there are thousands of Classics still floating arouns, thats a terrible complaint.  The SIG CPOs that are there in bunches are mostly classics, and those are damned nar new guns.  My P226CPO wasnt fired, except by the factory.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Yup, I prefer H&K and Glock...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Sigs are Ok they really dont do anything better than all the rest of the pistols on the market.

They are better than most pistols on the market.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't own a SIG,...but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sig is top dog

Secret Service
Delta
Navy Seals
name it

I'm , wait teacher is calling on me, will get back with you later
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Guess what.  I have Sigs, HKs, and Rugers and I trust the Rugers as much as I do the others.  What a crock that statement is.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good point.

I do agree with that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guess what.  I have Sigs, HKs, and Rugers and I trust the Rugers as much as I do the others.  What a crock that statement is.

Any Hi Points ?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Friend of mine got one, and jams on every type of ammo out of the box. It's been at Sig for repairs for over a month now. hr

i got the best results with rem thunderbolts in my mosquito, fyi
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, I prefer H&K and Glock...

I didn't mean I would not buy them.  I have a 220, 226, and 228 along with 2 HKs and 3 Rugers.  Won't buy a BF special.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any Hi Points ?

If you are comparing the Rugers to the Hi Points, you are as clueless as you sound.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Sigarms is a great company, which strongly supports civilian shooters. That said, the Mosquito is a POS, and the GSR was a lesson in how not to make a 1911. Hopefully, the 556 won't suffer from any of those defects.

Complaining about the lack of 226 Tacticals is stupid. It's a niche market; most folks don't have cans, so why should Sig dump a of effort into making those? Just get a 226R visit Jarvis or Barsto.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Raise you hand if you’re pretty much sick of whiny bitches grinding their axes with other forums on this board.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Sig has had my Mosquito for almost 3 months now. What the fuck.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

I can't stand Glucks... HK's are ok, I'm eagerly waiting to check out the new HK45.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

I can't stand Glucks... HK's are ok, I'm eagerly waiting to check out the new HK45.

If you can stand being stigmatized, get a Glock.  If you dont like it, you can send it to me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top