Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 9:00:20 AM EDT
I need to re-hang about a 10 feet of gutter.
This section in which I need to re-hang is the furthest away from the actual downspout that goes into the ground and its slightly drooping causing it to ALWAYS hold an inch or two of water until it evaporates.

I need to re-hang and slightly raise up the angle.

How do I do this?

I know those long nails run through those sleeves and in turn attach to the eve but what is the best way remove those and not destroy the rest of the gutter as I take down and re-hang the bad part?

THX
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Tannerite!  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#2]
O comn.

I actually almost took a tannerite size chuck out of my house when I cut down a 400lb branch off of a huge tree in my backyard this weekend.

I looked at the angle and thought I'd be able to clear my house just by cutting it at the trunk without having to make a cut closer to the end of the branch and sure enough it pivoted funny and came crashing down directly on the peak of my roof, pivoted on the peak of the roof then part that I cut by the trunk almos slammed into my window.

Lucky that is one of the most supported area's of the roof(peak) and there was not even a mark that showed any truma to the roof. Whew.

You should have seen me wrestling this 400lb branch that propped up against my house to the ground.

I got lucky that day I didn't destroy anything.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Either I asked to obvious of a question or not many people have done this before.....
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Brute force and ignorance works best on gutters.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Cut the aluminum nails and sleeves so you can take the gutter down without damaging it. You can silicone the nail heads in so that you don't see holes in the gutter.

Rehang with these.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Cut the aluminum nails and sleeves so you can take the gutter down without damaging it. You can silicone the nail heads in so that you don't see holes in the gutter.

Rehang with these.

i2.tinypic.com/sl1b1s.jpg

Hmmm I'll have to look into those hangers.

They got a name?

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Most of the gutter experts around here are experts on the street edge gutters from long periods of time spent there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rehang with these.

i2.tinypic.com/sl1b1s.jpg

Hmmm I'll have to look into those hangers.

They got a name?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I just got back in.

They are just called a "screw type gutter hanger" or "hidden screw gutter hanger".

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top