Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 7:27:11 AM EDT
Loose Bengal tiger sought in Cullman

Cullman County Sheriff’s deputies and animal control officers have stepped up patrols in the Berlin community since late last week looking for what residents describe as a Bengal tiger roaming the area.

Sheriff’s deputies were first called to a neighborhood off Cullman County Road 1641 in the eastern part of the county Thursday night on a report of a tiger in a back yard of a home, said sheriff’s Lt. Phillip Patterson.

Four adults in three homes on that road reported seeing the animal before it disappeared into a wooded area before deputies arrived, Patterson said. Later, another person was interviewed who had seen the animal earlier in daylight in a field near some cows but had not reported it to law enforcement, he said.

No sightings have been reported since that time.

The animal’s description matches that of a young adult Bengal tiger about waist high and weighing about 200 to 250 pounds with about a 3-inch red collar, Patterson said. There have been no reports of anyone having lost a tiger, he said.

Kent Faulk

(Posted at 4:24 p.m.)
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:47:09 AM EDT
[#1]
A tiger ?!? In Africa Alabama?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:49:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Why's Africa there, at all?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Won't last long in Alabama. Might even be at the taxidermist right now!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Won't last long in Alabama. Might even be at the taxidermist right now!

And ya see if it would be down here in LA, it'd be a gumbo
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought tigers were native to Asia Minor and not Africa?

Am I wrong?

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I thought tigers were native to Asia Minor and not Africa?

Am I wrong?

Both
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#8]
That will go great with the Cobra that got loose a couple of years ago. Never captured or found.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:21:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Well whichever of you Bama guys bags it...POST PICS!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why's Africa there, at all?

It's a Monty Python skit from "The Meaning of Life". A "tiger" attacks an officer in his sleep during one of the Zulu wars and they go hunt the "tiger". There aren't any tigers on the African continent unless they are in zoos. Hence the confusion.

It's a joke. Alabama and Africa start with "A".
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
thats about 20 miles from my house.

anyone have a good recipe for tiger? I plan on having a new tiger skin pimp hat by the weekend

Tiger is a cat. So Chinese of course!

You could make a pimp cape out of it.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Is there a kid walking around with a red jacket, blue jeans, green umbrella, and shoes with crimson soles and crimson linings?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top