Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 8:22:47 PM EDT
Taurus is in brazil, its brazils version of Smith+Wesson/Colt..........its THE countries Gun Company.

apparently Taurus is moving to MIAMI FL, and is mad as hell, cause Glock swept the contract for Govt/Police, ...which is getting GLOCKS.

so glock is in process of going to build a factory in Brazil........

and Taurus, it seems, has said "up yours" to Brazil etc. and moving its plant to the USA.

Waaaaaaaaah!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a Taurus.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#2]
good. taurus makes shitty guns IMO
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Hmmm...no.

They are spotty in their manufacturing, but my brother and I have owned a number of Taurus' and they've been great guns.

HH
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm...no.

They are spotty in their manufacturing, but my brother and I have owned a number of Taurus' and they've been great guns.

HH

that's why i quantified the statement with "IMO"  i have shot several taurus handguns and disliked all of them, therefore, my personal opinion is that they make shitty guns
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The PT92/99s are excellent.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Rossi makes the GOOD "cheap stuff" , in revolvers........when i worked in a gun store, i sold the PISS out of Rossi .38s and .357's

i musta sold a Rossi to everyone in town, good junk for CHEAP.

hell, now its SMITH that sucks
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#7]
They make decent starter guns.  The triggers tend to suck.  But you cant beat the lifetime guarentee.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

ugh, i hated the PT92 when i tried it out.  i'm so happy i sprung for a real beretta.

and my parents have a pair of rossi .38 snubbies.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Most of the Taurus stuff is OK. None of it is TOTAL crap.

I’ve shot several of the Beretta knockoffs and they kinda impressed me with the bang for the buck. Their 1911 is as good as any of the sub $1000 1911 stuff.  

I have never even looked at a 24/7 or Millennium pro so I have no idea about those… They look craptacular(ish).
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They make decent starter guns.  The triggers tend to suck.  But you cant beat the lifetime guarentee.

if you want a good warranty, go for Kel Tec.  Decent guns, second to ABSOLUTELY NONE customer support, and they're 100% made in the USA
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ugh, i hated the PT92 when i tried it out.  i'm so happy i sprung for a real beretta.

I had a Beretta first and got rid of it because I liked the Taurus better. I like the Taurus grip better and slide mounted safties are just wrong.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a Beretta first and got rid of it because I liked the Taurus better. I like the Taurus grip better and slide mounted safties are just wrong.

+1 I hate the slide mount satey. I have shot both beretta's and taurus. I will be buying a taurus this year.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#13]
My experience is that if it's a Taurus design it sucks, if it's a copy of someone else's design it's probaby as good as the original, just not finished as nicely.  I had (sold it to my ex) a 92 that was really excellent.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

and  the wheelguns  but that is about it IMO
all the rest of the weird autos are
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Liked every Taurus I ever had.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rossi makes the GOOD "cheap stuff" , in revolvers........when i worked in a gun store, i sold the PISS out of Rossi .38s and .357's

You're on crack.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're on crack.

I like that response.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Taurus = Lifetime transferable warrenty.

No other gun mfg offers that to my knowledge.
CH
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

CH

Oddly, Hi-Point does.

I have 4 Taurus guns, and all of them run like tops. I have loved each and every one, and I shoot the shit out of them.

They are VASTLY better than they were 15 years ago, a great company since Bob Morrison took over.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#20]
oh god, and it starts again...just like on GT.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

Oddly, Hi-Point does.

I have 4 Taurus guns, and all of them run like tops. I have loved each and every one, and I shoot the shit out of them.

They are VASTLY better than they were 15 years ago, a great company since Bob Morrison took over.

I dont think Hipoints is transferable...regardless. I love the taurus guns I have owned and still own.
Great gun for the money.
CH
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I dont think Hipoints is transferable...regardless. I love the taurus guns I have owned and still own.
Great gun for the money.
CH

Oh quite the contrary.  I never had a promblem with the warranty on that Hi-Point 995 POS I bought (used).

They fixed it right up.  I sold it the weekend I got it back from them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're on crack.

say no to crack
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:46:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Crack is Whack.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:11:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

CH

Ruger has an "unwritten" (lawyers told'em not to give an official, in-writing warranty, but to just fix'em anyway) policy of fixing any of their firearms that are returned for service, regardless of age or number of owners.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:11:48 AM EDT
[#26]
I own a Taurus m62 (Winchester knock-off) .22LR Pump Gun. The gun is fine but TAURUS CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!! My gun did not come with an owner's manual or warranty cards or any factory paperwork. This gun came from my dealer who opened the box for the first time since it left Taurus while I was there. No big deal, right?  I'll just call Miami and they will send me  one (WRONG). I called and got a voice mail in customer service. I left my info and weeks later received nothing. I called again and talked to a person who said she would pass my information on to the service dept. Again, weeks later still no package. I called a third time and asked to talk to someone in management. I got some guy who told me that under no circumstances does a gun leave Taurus without the owner's manual. I replied that I am sure it got lost somewhere after it left Taurus (although my dealer opened the box in front of me) never-the less, I still NEEDED an Owner's Manual. He agreed to send me "another copy" and took my information for the third time! I never received an Owner's Manual from Taurus. I downloaded a copy from their website but never received an original paperwork package which is always nice to include with the gun at re-sale. I know it is a small point but I just couldn'e understand why Taurus could not get their act together and send me an Owner's Manual. I have requested Owner's Manuals from manufacturers for USED guns I have purchased and always had no problem in obtaining them. Years ago (many years) I requested a manual from S&W for a used model 60 I had purchased. I received not only the manual but a coupon for a complimentary factory cleaning and safety check.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:18:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
 But you cant beat the lifetime guarentee.

Good thing for that too, You'll need it! Break O Matics.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:19:09 AM EDT
[#28]
This can't be real.

A company moving a manufacturing plant to the US.

A gun company no less!!!

Pinch me. I must be dreaming!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:55:46 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Maybe so, but they gave Bubba Clinton a big 1-fingered salute over his HUD and Industry pledge bullshit. They make a nice revolver, if I ever need one it'll be a Taurus I buy.

Hmmm..... A Raging Hornet sounds nice....
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:17:13 AM EDT
[#30]
We sell a lot of revolvers with success but them Millenium series pistols suck. We would sell one then have to ship it back two days later.
A coworker want to order a 24/7 for the case and I told him no. He did anyway and it's been there since.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:22:45 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
slide mounted safties are just wrong.

Amen brother.

Taurus also make some really cool revolvers.  My next pistol will be one of the .44 special snubbies.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:25:57 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Don't own any huh? Taurus quality is fine, and they have the best warranty in the business. I have no problem with buying a Taurus now, nor would I in the future if their quality stays where it is.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:33:44 AM EDT
[#33]
The older guns such as the PT92/99 are Beretta clones made on Beretta supplied machinary.  The older revolvers are made on S&W supplied machinary.  At one time, Taurus used to be owned by the same conglomerate that own S&W.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:35:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Don't worry Hugo Chavez is on the job!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:31:08 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Don't worry Hugo Chavez is on the job!

What does Chavez have to do with Taurus?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#36]
I have used the Taurus lifetime warranty, when you start having trouble with one you send it in, and it never works again in your lifetime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top