Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/28/2006 2:52:29 PM EDT
Part 2 will be posted when I get to shoot at them tommorow thurs and fri.

To get into what most have said so far: Barrels are like that becuase they are our uppers we lent them, they are used for shooting simmunition. The reason they all have maglights taped to thier guns is because they didnt bring thier surefires, so went out and bought flashlights to attach.

[]

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for part 2

ETA:  Thanks for the pics and your service.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Great pics. You have a cool job.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool ace

and thanks for your service.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#4]
M16A2s with CAR stocks, hmmmm but i thought all the koolaid drinks said that was a NO NO.  hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#5]
M-16's I take it they aren't Infantry?

Cool pics!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
M16A2s with CAR stocks, hmmmm but i thought all the koolaid drinks said that was a NO NO.  hmmmmmmmmmmmm

The uppers are our SIM barrels. That is why they are like that.

I had a collapsable stock on my A4 in Iraq, so some people do get away with it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a lot of tape. The guy in the front to the left in the 6th picture has some funny looking handguards...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#9]
hmm armchair commando here, but isnt training in entirely concrete structures gonna teach em real bad shit about cover and penetration....

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That's a lot of tape. The guy in the front to the left in the 6th picture has some funny looking handguards...

They all went out and bought lights to put on thier rifles. Tape is the Marine way we taught them to put it on
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#11]
ok so let me get this right 3 pic up from the bottom he is using a mini maglite flashlight.

hmmmmmm thought with the 82 airborne being a rapid deploying force they would have better gear than that.

rusted ace cool pics. they our 35 miles from me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Explain SIM to use civvies.  Looks like a more effective setup for a A2 minus the blue maglight being duct taped to the forearm.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#13]
20" uppers on carbine lowers interesting along with their lights and mounting techniques.

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Tag. Those streets are too clean
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Explain SIM to use civvies.  Looks like a more effective setup for a A2 minus the blue maglight being duct taped to the forearm.  

Basically like painbtall. They shoot out a plastic tip with paste in it that marks you when you are hit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Ahh.....The mighty "Eight Duce"  Airborne all the way!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Basically like painbtall. They shoot out a plastic tip with paste in it that marks you when you are hit.
img87.imageshack.us/img87/1944/pc1600363xq.jpg

Ok simulation ammo, yeah i see that stuff used by the local PD before.  So are you normal issue rifes M4A1s or M16A4s with the AA?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#18]
You know, that A2 upper doesn't look so bad with the collapsible stock.  I wonder why they all told me I'd go to Hell if I....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#19]
OK Ace, how would you rate their esprit, etc compared to a Marine rifle company? How do these "elite" of the Army compare? Is their shit "wired tight"?

Edited because a former 0311 should know how to spell friggin esprit
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
OK Ace, how would you rate their esprit, etc compared to a Marine rifle company? How do these "elite" of the Army compare? Is their shit "wired tight"?

Word

I have had that foul called on me as well.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#21]
When I was with II SRIG, we did some training with those simunitions in the 90's.

Ouch and ouch.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#22]
tag
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#23]
You rule. I want your job. Wanna swap?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

They are motivated and well led, eager to learn, and overall physically fit.

However:
What is really wierd is thier weapons handling skill, alot seem VERY uncomfortable with weapons, they were bad at moving with them, we worked on that alot. I was told by one of them that they usually only get weapons when they go to the range, which I found odd (and I am not sure I believe). Anyway, some had good weapons handling skill but a large amount seemed like they had never held a gun before in thier life.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Aren't you leaving the navy soon?

Join the Marines, go 0311 and you can have it.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You sure? I have been to tired to play battlefront becuase of it!

7am to  either 7pm or 9pm (depending on day) of constantly standing walking, running and yelling. Get shot to shit with sims when you are instructing and watching them train as well.(OUCH)

Only fun part is when they let you be the bad guy They you can get back at them for thier mistakes and not listening to you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the pics.  Semper Fi Devil Dog.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Non-Infantry types.

I believe its mixed infantry and 47th something or other? Can you fill me in on how that works?

Oh yeah, I got one of those new velcro patches they have
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:29:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't you leaving the navy soon?

Join the Marines, go 0311 and you can have it.

To get my little instructor job, you have to have done something CQB related (I was in FAST before infantry) and have some combat experiance in urban terrian, as you can see I have from my videos. You also have to have too little time to deploy again before you get out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#31]
taggy
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Not everyone in a division is a war fighter. These guys look to me like support troops. Support troops don't take weapons out of the arms room but maybe twice a year at that. Then they go to the range and have to keep weapons up and down range. Watched like hawks if locked and loaded. They have to be cause they don't have a clue in safe weapons use.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#34]
I like the shot with the soldier throwing the rope. Notice to His left the rifle against the wall on it's muzzle. Oh by the way where is the owner of one of those weapons. why not pulling security with it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Non-Infantry types.

I believe its mixed infantry and 47th something or other? Can you fill me in on how that works?

Oh yeah, I got one of those new velcro patches they have

EOD men.

Thanks for the pics.

Ill ask them who exactly they are tommorow and try to remember this time haha! I just remembered 47th from what they told me. Is there something on the uniform that you can use to tell who they are? Or do you know thats what the 47th is??

thanks for the answers, I just teach them how to clear, I dont have to know who they are.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I like the shot with the soldier throwing the rope. Notice to His left the rifle against the wall on it's muzzle. Oh by the way where is the owner of one of those weapons. why not pulling security with it.

We actually yelled at them about that right after I took that shot. They were just throwing the rope one at a time, but we had to tell them to keep the rifles on them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Tag for home.

-K
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#39]
probably the 407th support Bn. Nothing wrong with that they are good at what they do. They just are not War fighters....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey by the way keep up the good work. I spent fifteen years active and didn't get training like that until I joined the National Guard. This kind of training is a blast...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Yea they must have been from DISCOM/Sustainment BDE

I find it pretty unbelivable that anyone from the line(INF BN) would feel ackward carrying their weapons.

Our INF BDEs have been to Afghanistan and Iraq, they must have been from a Non INF unit, or they could have been new soldiers.

The 82nd doesnt have EOD soldiers, they are usally attached upon deployment.

Do you remember what BDE they came from??

504 PIR
505 PIR
325 AIR
508 PIR

Does any of them ring a bell??? As they are our 4 Infantry BDEs

FREE

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are motivated and well led, eager to learn, and overall physically fit.

However:
What is really wierd is thier weapons handling skill, alot seem VERY uncomfortable with weapons, they were bad at moving with them, we worked on that alot. I was told by one of them that they usually only get weapons when they go to the range, which I found odd (and I am not sure I believe). Anyway, some had good weapons handling skill but a large amount seemed like they had never held a gun before in thier life.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Yea they must have been from DISCOM/Sustainment BDE

I find it pretty unbelivable that anyone from the line(INF BN) would feel ackward carrying their weapons.

Our INF BDEs have been to Afghanistan and Iraq, they must have been from a Non INF unit, or they could have been new soldiers.

The 82nd doesnt have EOD soldiers, they are usally attached upon deployment.

Do you remember what BDE they came from??

504 PIR
505 PIR
325 AIR
508 PIR

Does any of them ring a bell??? As they are our 4 Infantry BDEs

FREE

About half had been to Iraq, none of those numbers ring a bell, I will get back to yall with exactly who they are tommorow.

When I first asked I was told they were a mixed up unit, some told me they were infantry, others told me they were not, never told me what, will get you thier exact unit in the 82nd tommorow.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#44]
got this from them.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Those new Pajamas are something. I'm still getting away with wearing the deserts. Going to be expensive buying all those hi dollar patches. Did they all wear their groin protectors on there flak vest. I wore mine inside behind the sappy plate. figured an extra layer of kevlar couldn't hurt..
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Of course I'm no expert, being only a space shuttle door gunner, but the freaky-deaky Dutch looked more "hard-core" to me.  Of course our boys don't have the tactical advantage of wooden shoes.

Have fun shooting those Army pukes.    
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#47]
I notice we have our hard-core non-believers in reading the thread.  To wit barrels and lights.  You said what the story was and  then a few posts we get the questions on barrels and lights.  Dooohhh

Are you sure they're Airborne, some of them kids look like they should still be in Boy Scouts.  (Then again photos of sailors sometimes look like Sea Cadets.)  Does that mean I'm getting a little older?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
got this from them.

img75.imageshack.us/img75/4272/bust0zu.jpg

Ha!  Nice zipper attachment.  

Did you get that off an M67 or a smoke?

Got it off a grenade fuze, we get millions of the things to simulate sniper fire, and put in inert bodies to throw during SIM day.

It gets funny as hell watching people who cant throw try and throw grenades through top windows, only to have them come right back at them. Also when people get stacked up, get about ready to go, and out comes a grenade, watching them freak out is great, I will see if I can get some of this on video next time. Usually I am busy aggressing or instructing though.

We havnt used smoke for two months now, some jackass(me) threw a smoke grenade and it landed in one of the broke cars we have laying around town and turned it into a towering inferno.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top