Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/28/2006 9:02:30 AM EDT
I've gone the advertised route, and have sent several emails to [email protected].  No responses.  Tried [email protected].  No response.  Any suggestions?

Are dealerships still available?  If not, why are they advertised.  If so, why does no one answer emails.

Suggestions appreciated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag to find out who the new dealer may be and where he is located from me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Let me help:  .
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#3]
They can't get back to you until Dick Swan gives his approval.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
hr

Would that be "Limp" Dick Swan?  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I counted the word tactical 7 times on your front page, are you trying to beat 5.11's site? They still have you beat by a few words.

just do this on your site, then you will beat them.

tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You just knocked yourself out of the running right there.

I wish I were joking.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I counted the word tactical 7 times on your front page, are you trying to beat 5.11's site? They still have you beat by a few words.

tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical

I was a longtime member years ago.  Guys like you are why I got tired of the place and went elsewhere.    How about letting me get my question answered and keep your opinions to yourself?  I sure as hell have no interest in them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical

I was a longtime member years ago.  Guys like you are why I got tired of the place and went elsewhere.  

There are other sites on the internet besides ar15.com?!?!?  Learn something new everyday!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical

I was a longtime member years ago.  Guys like you are why I got tired of the place and went elsewhere.    How about letting me get my question answered and keep your opinions to yourself?  I sure as hell have no interest in them.

The guy has 57 posts, and he wasted one of them on that?

Try to ignore the (edited).  If you hae good products, good prices, and equally good customer service, the members here ae happy to frequent your site for products they need.  They really like dealers who brush off the stupid shit, and answer questions quickly and accurately.

Hope you enjoy the stay, and welcome back.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I doubt you'll get a dealer account now!

BTW I remember you and it would be great if you became a dealer here. However, you've spoken badly about Mr. Swan so he'll probably bully the site into not only rejecting you as a dealer but he'll have you banned from the interacowpath as well
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Okay, I'll bite.  Who is Dick Swan, and why did some asswipe mention him in this thread to begin with?  What's with all the wannabe comedians anyway?  No life?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Dick Swan = head honcho at ARMS.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Why did they name it a Swan sleeve rather than a Dick Sleeve?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why did they name it a Swan sleeve rather than a Dick Sleeve?

I'll bite.

Why?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:12:07 PM EDT
[#19]
you'll bite a dick sleeve?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Okay, I'll bite.  Who is Dick Swan, and why did some asswipe mention him in this thread to begin with?  What's with all the wannabe comedians anyway?  No life?

While I agree that some people act like comedians around here and answer inappropriately,calling members asswipes,among other things is NOT a good way to introduce yourself.......especially as someone inquiring how to to become a dealer

I don't know seems to work for Ammoman.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:19:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The rumor is that Dick Swan pulled some strings and got the dealer with the best feedback rating on this site banned because that dealer was very vocal about the shortcomings of ARMS products.   May or may not be true, but many would agree that my comment was darkly funny to those who have heard the rumor.    

You got a lot of free bumps out of my joke, so you should have been grateful
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:23:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Dick Swan is the new Chuck Norris!

I remember when he (3rdtrk) said he wasn't Dick Swan but posted "Sincerely, Dick Swan" on more than a few occasions by accident. He'd always edit it out but he got quoted a few times atleast.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
That must be a rumor you started.  

Dick Swan pulls no strings here.  Anyone banned from this site has to earn it all on their own.  End of story.  

Nope, I read it in the VA hometown forum.   I assume it's true though since the site owners seem to be too embarrassed about it to say how Grant earned being kicked out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#26]
If the enquiring dealer is who I think he is, he's one of ARMS premiere dealers anyways.

Reguardless of the rumors over Grant, I still think he was one of the best dealers here and I'm sad to see that he will no longer be participating.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dick Swan pulls no strings here.  Anyone banned from this site has to earn it all on their own.  End of story.  

Nope, I read it in the VA hometown forum.   I assume it's true though since the site owners seem to be too embarrassed about it to say how Grant earned being kicked out.

Embarrassed?  I can't speak for them, but perhaps they just think it's none of your business.  Ask Grant--he knows.  

Isn't this best kept between ownership and Grant?

For the record, I have asked Grant in person.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Embarrassed?  I can't speak for them, but perhaps they just think it's none of your business.  Ask Grant--he knows.  

Isn't this best kept between ownership and Grant?

For the record, I have asked Grant in person.

And his answer was?  Please feel free to set the record straight.

Why would I?  It's not the job of a team member to "set the record straight." I do believe that is a staff function, if ownership so desires.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
It's been said numerous time that we won't reveal the reasons for his leaving, if he wishes to make it public then he is free to do so.    Rumors are rumors, facts are facts, and remember, there are two sides to every story.

His leaving? Like he had a choice in the matter? Sure he could have stayed away from certain threads, but once that die was cast it wasn't exactly his choice to stay or go.

Grant would like to come back, at least that is the last word I had heard from him. So I don't understand why it would be smart for him or anyone else who counts him amoung friends would post anything.

However, if he has been banned because of his actions then why not discuss it with the world? If staff would come out and say Grant has been banned because he "trolled" in one too many ARMS threads after being warned what would be so bad about that? By not coming out and saying that or something like it, just leads to speculation and rumors.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

lol!  What a brilliant way to attract potential customers!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Tag for pending sh1tstorm.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol!  What a brilliant way to attract potential customers!

Kinda the same way Grant would act
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's been said numerous time that we won't reveal the reasons for his leaving, if he wishes to make it public then he is free to do so.    Rumors are rumors, facts are facts, and remember, there are two sides to every story.

His leaving? Like he had a choice in the matter? Sure he could have stayed away from certain threads, but once that die was cast it wasn't exactly his choice to stay or go.

Grant would like to come back, at least that is the last word I had heard from him. So I don't understand why it would be smart for him or anyone else who counts him amoung friends would post anything.

However, if he has been banned because of his actions then why not discuss it with the world? If staff would come out and say Grant has been banned because he "trolled" in one too many ARMS threads after being warned what would be so bad about that? By not coming out and saying that or something like it, just leads to speculation and rumors.

I agree with your above post--it is between Grant and the owners of this site.  If either side wishes to share details that is their decision to make.  Considering the infrequent nature of GoatBoy's posts on the site he will no doubt not even be aware it's being discussed, so he will NOT be posting, if only for pragmatic reasons.  

I think I can safely say a couple of things--

To my (considerable, though it's out of my area of concern) knowledge Dick Swan had NOTHING to do with it.  

This was directly related to Grant's conduct on the site.  This "conduct" relates to posts made on the site ONLY, not any kind of business ethics or dealings, after he agreed to refrain from doing certain things.  He made an agreement, knew the consequences of violating it, and chose to violate his own agreement.  Now he is living the known-in-advance consequences of his actions.  This is purely his own fault, NOT the fault of GoatBoy, and he has absolutely no one to blame but himself.  

As you can see from this thread, the site is forced to limit advertisers due to space limitations, so we are not about to have advertisers causing problems in the forums.  As always, this is done purely with the best interest of the membership in mind--and nothing else.  

ETA:  As to this:  "His leaving? Like he had a choice in the matter?"

I hope my post made it very clear he had EVERY "choice in the matter."  This was purely his own fault--it almost seemed deliberate, though I'm sure that wasn't the case.  

Please see my comments in red. I'm not saying he was faultless.

It's kinda like acting the fool at a bar. Once the bouncer says you're out, you're out. Not much choice after that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
dport, there is no reason to get all up in arms about this. If Grant wants to discuss this in public, then he will do so.

I know Grant discussed this with several people at the class in South Hill; yourself included. It was meant to be a private conversation, so you've kept it private from what I've seen. I've discussed this issue with him at length, and the expectation of privacy is there too. This is why I haven't said anything. Why is it to much for people to expect the same amount of privacy for the site owners and Grant?

I'm not up in arms.

I only have two points:  
#1 To your fellow staff members, is it's not my place to "set the record straight." I'm not associated with either party involved. As you have said, it was a private conversation. I intend to keep it that way. I will not discuss it publically.
#2 Rumors start when there is a lack of available information. If Ownership/staff would just come out and say, we banned him because... Then there would not be lingering questions. I know it is the position of ownership to not discuss it. I don't happen to agree with it. I happen to agree with a Gunnery Sergeant who said don't do anything stupid because I'll tell everyone so there won't be any rumors.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
dport, there is no reason to get all up in arms about this. If Grant wants to discuss this in public, then he will do so.

I know Grant discussed this with several people at the class in South Hill; yourself included. It was meant to be a private conversation, so you've kept it private from what I've seen. I've discussed this issue with him at length, and the expectation of privacy is there too. This is why I haven't said anything. Why is it to much for people to expect the same amount of privacy for the site owners and Grant?

I'm not up in arms.

I only have two points:  
#1 To your fellow staff members, is it's not my place to "set the record straight." I'm not associated with either party involved. As you have said, it was a private conversation. I intend to keep it that way. I will not discuss it publically.
#2 Rumors start when there is a lack of available information. If Ownership/staff would just come out and say, we banned him because... Then there would not be lingering questions. I know it is the position of ownership to not discuss it. I don't happen to agree with it. I happen to agree with a Gunnery Sergeant who said don't do anything stupid because I'll tell everyone so there won't be any rumors.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:32:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well. you certainly have the right attitude to be in the gun business.  Good customer skills too.

How can I send you money?

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
If the enquiring dealer is who I think he is, he's one of ARMS premiere dealers anyways.

Reguardless of the rumors over Grant, I still think he was one of the best dealers here and I'm sad to see that he will no longer be participating.

+1
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical
tactical

I only counted five.

Did you count products with the word "tactical" or just 'tactical" as it describes the site.

"tactical"

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#50]
I just wish this could have been settled sooner. Saying outright that you banned him was the right thing to do, but it should have been done in the beginning. Instead, this whole ordeal was dragged out and it left many people (myself included) hoping that he would be returning.

I love this site and all, but you got other dealers that are alot more offensive that have never even thought of helping anyone in the technical forums. My suggestion would be to focus (positively) on the dealers that actually contribute in places other than the EE.

I hope Grant will be able to return in the future. If not...........

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top