Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 5:55:09 AM EDT

So some kindergartners were engaged in "inappropriate sexual behavior" (that they probably learned from their homes) and so now their PINOs who outsourced their job of parenting to strangers are now mad at the SCHOOL for their response.

Sexual Behavior Reported On Kindergarten Bus

A New Jersey community is outraged to learn about inappropriate sexual behavior among kindergarten students on their school bus.

Some parents in Point Pleasant, N.J., say the school district didn't respond to the incidents properly.

Some parents are planning to bring the issue up at Monday's school board meeting. They believe the school district has downplayed the situation, but school officials are defending their actions.

"They kind of minimized it," said one mother, who said officials called the incident "child's play."

But one set of parents told NBC 10 what actually happened to their 5-year-old son left him traumatized.

They're furious about how the Point Pleasant School District responded after learning that their child and several other kindergartners engaged in inappropriate sexual behavior on board their school bus.

To protect their son's identity, we are concealing his parents' faces and not using their names.

"I was appalled at the ages of these children that this was going on," said one mother, who asked not be identified.

"This child is the most precious thing I have in this world and how do I send him off to somebody who has lied, minimized, manipulated, this whole situation?" said the father.
{One word: "homeschooling"}

"I think the district did everything they could," said Robert Ciliento, Superintendent of Schools.

School administrators say they learned in early January that several incidents involving inappropriate touching had occurred between then and late November.

The kindergartners from Ocean Road School were being driven to an-after care program at another school at the time and officials say the bus driver was unable to see what was happening.
{Is anyone really surprised that bad things tend to happen when you farm out your 5 year-old children to total strangers for 8-10 hours a day.}

"There was some sexual curiosity going on and once the school district was apprised of it, we asked the children to stop and they stopped," Ciliento said.

The district says it notified the families of the children involved and offered counseling.

But these parents believe officials should have also sent home a letter to the entire school community.

One child has also been excluded from the after-care program because of his alleged role in the incidents, but he still attends school.

Police and the Ocean County Prosecutors Office are not involved in this because this is not a criminal matter.

The district also alerted the state Division Of Youth And Family Services.

Either these kids learned this stuff from their family - or else they HAVE no "family".

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:59:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Our kids aren't oversexualized and overstimulated, nooooooooo.

FWIW my parents "outsourced" my schooling to "strangers"... the implication that this is somehow remiss and bad parenting is bothersome to me...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:00:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Either these kids learned this stuff from their family - or else they HAVE no "family".

Or it's just kids being kids. Sexual curiosity is part of growing up. It sounds to me like the parents are over reacting. Of course it's hard to tell without the details of what actually happened.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:04:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember "Show me yours, I'll show you mine"

Fuckin A let the kids be kids. They'll be felons by the age of 8 if we let the Libs have at it!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:05:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or it's just kids being kids. Sexual curiosity is part of growing up. It sounds to me like the parents are over reacting. Of course it's hard to tell without the details of what actually happened.

I'm gonna go with this option for $100, Alex.
Personally, I think this has less to do with daycare etc than it does with the fact that our attitudes about sex and our society are at odds.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:08:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
FWIW my parents "outsourced" my schooling to "strangers"... the implication that this is somehow remiss and bad parenting is bothersome to me...

+1.

Sadly, however, schools aren't as responsible as they once were.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not clear on what the school is supposed to do about it. It's the parents' job to explain to their children why this behavior is inappropriate. I see excluding the one child from the after school program as a feel good measure employed to mollify the other parents. I hope to God that someone is taking the time to try and figure out where this behavior is coming from; is it due to sexual molestation of one of the kids? Children's natural curiosity? Did one or more of the kids see something inappropriate in the home?

I've never experienced anything like this with any of my three school age children. But if I didn't like what was going on on the school bus, I'd drive them to school. If I didn't like what was going on at an after school program, I'd find a better one. (I stay home with my kids, so that part's just theory)
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:51:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Is this the "ass-grab" incident I heard something about on the news?

If "yes" the report I heard suggested the little boy who was (most) "punishe" ,may not have even grabbed her backside, but he said he had written "love notes" so it was ASSUMED he was the one who had "done the evil deed". The school sucks, most of the kids were WRONG and should be dealt with, the "love note" boy should NOT be scapegoated!

<sigh>

We are talkin' Jersey here.,.....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:53:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I remember "Show me yours, I'll show you mine"

Fuckin A let the kids be kids. They'll be felons by the age of 8 if we let the Libs have at it!

I'm with you - nobody I grew up turned out to be a pedophile or sexual deviant.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:59:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Is this the "ass-grab" incident I heard something about on the news?

If "yes" the report I heard suggested the little boy who was (most) "punishe" ,may not have even grabbed her backside, but he said he had written "love notes" so it was ASSUMED he was the one who had "done the evil deed". The school sucks, most of the kids were WRONG and should be dealt with, the "love note" boy should NOT be scapegoated!

<sigh>

We are talkin' Jersey here.,.....

I believe you are referring to the 8 year old who had an "emergency removal" performed against him after the supposed incident for "sexual harrassment".

I believe this is a different incident.

But you are right: Jersey sucks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:09:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I think it's no ones business if two consenting kids want to get it on.
Don't ask, don't tell kids.
Keep the government out of the kids bedrooms.
Kids should be able to "Get your freak on"  just like adults.

But seriously folks, where do you think they get it from?

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#11]
This is the future of America if we don't get families back on track.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

as others have pointed out, the same place we got it from growing up.

Sexual curiosity and sexual activity are normal parts of growing up.   I was just smart enough not to do it on the damn schoolbus.    
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:04:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

as others have pointed out, the same place we got it from growing up.

Sexual curiosity and sexual activity are normal parts of growing up.   I was just smart enough not to do it on the damn schoolbus.    

IMHO we've gone a bit overboard in our quest for and promotion of sexual freedom. There will be  consequences.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#14]
gee, i didnt play Ill show you mine if you show me yours till 2nd grade... 1983ish.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

According to another news account: "...parents talked about touching and exposing and other incidents... nine children were victimized."

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:11:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

According to another news account: "...parents talked about touching and exposing and other incidents... nine children were victimized."

Mac,
You're making A LOT of assumptions about the parenting of these children.  Sexual curiosity at that age IS normal.  I'd even go so far as to say that it is healthy.  I think schools, parents and Americans in general are far to quick to use the word, "victim."  I highly doubt that there was a victim.
Matt
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Mac,
You're making A LOT of assumptions about the parenting of these children.  Sexual curiosity at that age IS normal.  I'd even go so far as to say that it is healthy.  I think schools, parents and Americans in general are far to quick to use the word, "victim."  I highly doubt that there was a victim.
Matt

You may be right. Maybe.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#18]
School districts today generally overreact  to almost any incident so I doubt that they would down play what happened.  

Thankfully there were no finger guns involved. The five year olds would have ended up in the Ocean County jail.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#19]
My first grade cousin was reccently suspended for 3 days, for "sexual harassment"  a girl bent over in front of him and he reached out and touched her lower back right at her pantsline.  The school was furious, suspened him and threatened legal action agains his parents.hock.gif

Now for a little backround,  this incident happened in a rural farm community, an area with zero school violence, and zero gang activity.  The kind of place most people would want their kids to go to school.  My cousins (the parents of the first grader) are both well educated and very well off and the mother has been a stay at home mom and raised the kids with morals and respect since birth.   Both the boy and the girls parents thought it was a total crock of shit adn that the school system needed to spend their time doing better more important things.

Let kids be kids PERIOD!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#20]
2nd time this week  (different one thought)

Did they have am "emergency removal" of the kid?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:08:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Not in this case. But they did in this one:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=449640
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not in this case. But they did in this one:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=449640

Thanks for the link,  thats where I got it from
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top