Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 12:58:29 AM EDT
Anyone else seen their shows?

I know the outfit's French and we all hate the French, but I took the new girl out to "Quidam," one of their new shows last Thursday. They're right by the Queen Mary in Long Beach.

The last time I've been to a circus was taking my cousins out to Ringling Bros. nearly 10 years ago, and I've got to say, I was pleasantly surprised. The acrobatics in this show are simply amazing.

There's one segment where 4 little Chinese girls do some amazing stunts with traditional spinning tops. I played with these tops as a kid, and I never knew you could do that much.

Plus, the music, despite being kinda "new age" in some segments, is very good. If you guys can get your hands on some tickets, they are well worth it.

ETA: a photo I took at the show. no flash photography allowed, so it's kinda blurry:

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:11:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw one of there shows in Vegas, and yes it was worth the price $$$$ very different than anything ive seen before. A mix of circus acts and a play mixed in with some very unique music.

At the MGM the theatre i was in, had speakers built into the seats behind your head and added quite the surrond and imersion to the whole show.

I try to see any of the A&E shows on tv when they are on.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:17:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you guys can get your hands on some tickets, they are well worth it.

I'd rather have my eyeballs eaten out by rabid rats.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:19:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm impressed by their physical abilities, but their costumes, make-up and facial expressions creep me out.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:24:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw them once and enjoyed it very much.  Interesting show, not like your typical circus at all.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:26:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Cirque du soGHEY.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:40:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I've seen 2 of the shows, and will be going to see a third in May. I like it

the chicks are hawt
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:45:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'd rather have my eyeballs eaten out by rabid rats.  

I hate it when that happens.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:49:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd love to see it sometime.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:50:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I think South Park pretty much covered that frenchy foo foo crap.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:17:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quidam is at least 6 years old now but it is till a very cool show.  My fiance and I are heading to Vegas for our honeymoon and we are hoping to catch a few of the newer Cirque shows.

Be warey of some of the traveling Cirque shows that are travelling the country.  Some are not associated with the original show owner and from what I have heard, do not live up to the originals standards.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:20:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I worked for "Saltimbanco" for about 4 months in Sydney Australia.
Very big organisation, and they have some hot artists!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:21:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I saw Quidam and liked it.

Delrium is a POS.  Alot screeching and not much physical stunts.  I mean a lot of screeching.  I guess they are singing but sounded like cats being boiled alive to me.

Save your $100 a ticket, unless she is hot.  Then its a ticket for activities later on.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:40:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I saw one in FL and enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:00:38 AM EDT
[#14]
We went to Dralion and La Nouba.  Both excellent.  

Acrobats and juggling type stuff was amazing.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:18:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I've watched them on TV since I was a kid.  I had a chance to go see a show while my wife and I were in Orlando, but the tickets were too pricy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:51:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I remember I read somewhere Cirque Du Soleil is a Canadian company, based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, if it makes you feel better.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:53:08 AM EDT
[#17]
I've seen a few of their shows in Vegas. The first time, I didn't want to go to some French artsy bullshit, but it didn't take long before I realized how amazing it actually was.

I highly recommend their shows to anyone. Really very cool. I'd go see another in a second. Zoomanity is amazing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:58:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:03:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I saw a shot in DC about 10-15 years ago.  It was very entertaining, despite a few ghey moments.  Definately much better than a musical!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:06:32 AM EDT
[#20]
If you shell out the cash for the tickets, you'd better get some pie.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:06:53 AM EDT
[#21]
They are awesome.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:09:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I've seen several of their shows, and I've enjoyed every one of them.  If you ever get to Vegas, you absolutely have to go see Zumanity.  It's quite *cough* erotic, to say the least.

ETA link

+1 we saw Zumanity when we were in Vegas back in May. Highly suggested unless your a Puritan type

If you go, don't forget to check out the peep holes they have in the walls of the lobby

echo6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top