Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 12:00:47 AM EDT
"Q: Are We Not Men?

A: We Are DEVO!"

Listening to this album right now.  God, what weird musicians.  Gotta love their electronic jerky-dance version of the Rolling Stones' "Satisfaction."
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:48:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Great band. Highly underrated.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:27:48 AM EDT
[#2]
What do you think of their new release?

Devo, one of the most innovative and iconic bands of the '80s, has partnered with Disney Sound to bring their hits to a new generation with Devo 2.0, a combination CD/DVD package. The original members of Devo rerecorded ten of their old songs (some with revamped lyrics) and two brand new ones with Devo 2.0, a group of five talented kids aged 10 to 13.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CQ75L4/002-8751089-7980013?v=glance&n=5174

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:30:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Duty Now for the Future is their best album.

This is also good.  Mongoloid, Smart Patrol, Gut Feeling etc sound great. It's basically an extended version of the Devo Live EP.
www.rhinohandmade.com/browse/ProductLink.lasso?Number=7708

If you can find it, there is a good live boot recorded in Australia which has a guitar version of
Going Under which is the best version of that song.  
Fountain of Filth from Hardcore Volume II is another good track.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:38:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh, man, I used to love DEVO when I was younger.

I should totally *ahem* legally acquire their old albums and listen to them again.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:55:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to be in a folk-punk band that used to play, among originals, covers of "Jocko Homo" and "Mongoloid" on mandolin, bouzouki, electric bass, and kazoo. Sounded great!

Not our band- Our band's name? Lint-Free Modern World!

ETA: I just found and listened to an ooooold cassette of us playing "Uncontrollable Urge" -kicks ass!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:58:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What do you think of their new release?

Devo, one of the most innovative and iconic bands of the '80s, has partnered with Disney Sound to bring their hits to a new generation with Devo 2.0, a combination CD/DVD package. The original members of Devo rerecorded ten of their old songs (some with revamped lyrics) and two brand new ones with Devo 2.0, a group of five talented kids aged 10 to 13.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CQ75L4/002-8751089-7980013?v=glance&n=5174

=

I think the theme music from the Rugrats was more DEVO than this stuff....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:13:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Good, but old. geez, at one time they were "the" futuristic sounding technogeek band. playing a tune of theirs will bring a tear to any japanese computer programmers eye. but now their stuff is like 25 years old! Where the fook does the tiempo go????? they were even a little before my time.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:04:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Ohio's best!!!!!!!!

Well, maybe not. Deadboys. Oh yeah!
Pagans. Fuckin'A!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top