BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/27/2006 7:15:17 PM EDT
Viav La Raza! Viva La Revolution!  

Senate Panel Approves Immigration Amnesty Bill

The Senate Judiciary Committee approved election-year immigration legislation Monday that clears the way for millions of undocumented workers to seek U.S. citizenship without having to first leave the country.

After days of street demonstrations that stretched from California to the gounds of the U.S. Capitol, the committee also voted to strip out proposed criminal penalties for residents found to be in this country illegally.

The panel's vote cleared the way for the full Senate to begin debate Tuesday on the emotional immigration issue.

"All Americans wanted fairness and they got it this evening," said Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (news, bio, voting record), the Massachusetts Democrat who played a pivotal role in drafting the legislation, approved 12-6.

Committee Chairman Arlen Specter, R-Pa., voted for the bill but signaled that some of the provisions could well be changed by the full Senate.

In general, the bill is designed to strengtehn border patrol, create new opportunities for so-called guest workers and determine the legal future of the estimated 11 million immigrants living in the United States illegally.

At several critical popints, committee Democrats were united while Republicans splintered. In general, GOP Sens. Lindsay Graham of South Carolina, Sam Brownback of Kansas and Mike DeWine of Ohio, who is seeking re-election this fall, sided with Democrats.

That gave Democrats a majority that allowed them to shape the bill to their liking.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#1]
This country is making a big mistake.  This is all about new voters to help the Dems, and the Pub's can't be seen as opposing the Hispanic vote.

We're screwed.

HH
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Tarcendo-R-CO said it would never pass the house.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Tarcendo-R-CO said it would never pass the house.

And Frist has said that he won't allow it to reach the Senate floor, but still...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I think when its time to ETS again, Im gonna get out and jump ship for good.  The US is going down in flames quick, decisions like this make me fear for my family and our well being.  If I decide to stay in the states it will be somewhere remote, conservative, and Christian; surrounded by like-minded real Americans.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Tancredo is Grade A.

THAT guy could be POTUS if O_P didn't run.

HH
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I already fired a letter to Senator George Allen.

I would write to Senator John Warner, but he is nearly senile and is probably looking forward to being allies with Feinstein and Kennedy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think when its time to ETS again, Im gonna get out and jump ship for good.  The US is going down in flames quick, decisions like this make me fear for my family and our well being.  If I decide to stay in the states it will be somewhere remote, conservative, and Christian; surrounded by like-minded real Americans.

Let me know when you find it, I seek the same place.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
BREAKING: Senate Republicans Clear the Way for Illegal Alien Amnesty!  

Senate Panel Approves Immigration Bill

The panel's vote cleared the way for the full Senate to begin debate Tuesday on the emotional immigration issue.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I agree, but we need to act quickly to get as many opposition letters to our Senators so they KNOW, explicitly, that there is an overwhelming majority of LEGAL citizens who don't want this to happen.

ETA:  I don't even want it to MAKE it to the House.  At all.  I want the Senators to vote it down and stomp it out.  I even went so far as to demand George Allen seek to outlaw "anchor babies".
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i33.photobucket.com/albums/d90/rusticarts/net%20pics/chick2.jpg

I agree, but we need to act quickly to get as many opposition letters to our Senators so they KNOW, explicitly, that there is an overwhelming majority of LEGAL citizens who don't want this to happen.

Agreed!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Our elected leaders are totally lacking in both balls and brains. None of them are no longer willing to do what is right for this nation. I am almost to the point of giving up. This nation is a lost cause.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck those hypoctitical traitors!  They know EXACTLY how the conservative republicans like me feel about this issue!  I sweated blood to get these asshats elected ever since I was old enough to vote (starting with Ronald Reagan who was definitely not an asshat, I love him) and they stab us in the back like this.

I hope every single republican loses in November and I damned sure am not voting for the republican presidential candidate in 2008.  May they eat shit and die.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Since it doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell of passing the house, WHY did they do it?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Since it doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell of passing the house, WHY did they do it?

To make themselves look good come election time.  Why else?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#15]
It's called straddling the fence...

Like when a dem votes against gun control when he knows it won't pass anyway...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Tancredo is Grade A.

THAT guy could be POTUS if O_P didn't run.

HH

+1   Tancredo's the Man
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Read the article/Link. Thousands of protests today. Here in Dallas, thousands of kids cut school to protest. TV of them all day running around waving Mexican flags and shouting Viva Mexico. It is not illegal immigration, it is an invasion of folks who do not even want to be Americans.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Fuck those hypoctitical traitors!  They know EXACTLY how the conservative republicans like me feel about this issue!  I sweated blood to get these asshats elected ever since I was old enough to vote (starting with Ronald Reagan who was definitely not an asshat, I love him) and they stab us in the back like this.

I hope every single republican loses in November and I damned sure am not voting for the republican presidential candidate in 2008.  May they eat shit and die.

They Stabbed their Base in the Back        

Like I said before  We Vote them in to REPRESENT us but all they do is tell us what's good for us
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Time for a little stress relief.....then write your congress-critters

http://pcdevils.com/flashme.php?swf=/media/flash/wp_game_border_patrol.swf
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#20]
The House won't pass it, we will still have the same laws and ineffective enforcement next year. Face it, we are a Welfare state now and it is only a matter of time before they ALL sell us out in order to win the votes of the freeloaders. The politicians only want to get elected, that means the good of the country is not even considered in the equation  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Wasn't Rome overrun by illegals while those in power sat around doing diddely?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

That is wrong!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Letter to Senators Mel Martinez (R-FL) and Bil Nelson (D-FL):

Dear Senator,

I am writing to most strongly urge you to oppose any bill granting amnesty to illegal immigrants and not holding those who help illegal immigrants accountable for their crimes.  My wife and I see illegal immigration as the single greatest threat to America today, and the current legislation being proposed is a step in the wrong direction.  Politicians seem to be forgetting that illegal immigration is a crime, and those who commit it are criminals.  Illegal immigrants are not "guests", "migrants", or any other politically correct term.  They are criminals who have invaded our country illegally and who cause great harm to our security and economy.
    Any legislation that does not hold these criminals and those who help them 100% accountable is a slap in the face of every immigrant who came to this country legally and worked long and hard to earn the right to call themselves American.
   Senator, I once again urge you to accept nothing but a tough stance on illegal immigrants.

Very Respectfully,
Mr. and Mrs. Tanerite

I'm doing my part.  I urge you all to do the same.  Feel free to copy/paste my letter.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#24]
This country is BROKEN, BROKEN, BROKEN,

makes me seriously ill.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Shoot the Mesicans!!!!

nice

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#26]
tag
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#27]
This type of thing is good I have decided.

It is like the adage about the frog being cooked slowly in the frying pan.  It is heated so slowly that it doesn’t realize it is being cooked until it is too late to jump.

America will fall, that is inevitable.  It is best to quicken the fall, so we can be better prepared to build what will come next.  

I welcome the chaos that unlimited immigration from the 3rd world will bring, because that is the only thing that will awaken Joe 6-pack from his beer and ball games and Sally soccer-mom from her daily Opra fix.

Diversity will prove beneficial in the long run.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

It is like the adage about the frog being cooked slowly in the frying pan.  It is heated so slowly that it doesn’t realize it is being cooked until it is too late to jump.

America will fall, that is inevitable.  It is best to quicken the fall, so we can be better prepared to build what will come next.  

I welcome the chaos that unlimited immigration from the 3rd world will bring, because that is the only thing that will awaken Joe 6-pack from his beer and ball games and Sally soccer-mom from her daily Opra fix.

That is the problem, and the fact they are too stupid to see it falling apart around them.

Diversity is what made this country great, a meeting of the cultures "El pluribus del unum."  The downfall brought ot us by our current Latin invaders, is brought on by their hatred towards us.  A cultural jealousy if you may.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is the problem, and the fact they are too stupid to see it falling apart around them.

Diversity is what made this country great, a meeting of the cultures "El pluribus del unum."  The downfall brought ot us by our current Latin invaders, is brought on by their hatred towards us.  A cultural jealousy if you may.

Cultural diversity from Europe made this country great.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Wasn't Rome overrun by illegals while those in power sat around doing diddely?

Rome fell for many reasons.  Because they were cocky and arrogant, they bit off more than they could chew.  The empire collapsed paritally due to slow communications, the hiring of mercenaries to fight their wars, drinking from lead pipes.  Or it could be due to those "crazy" Germans, wanting to be free.  The battle of the Tuetoburg Forest, read up on it (Rome lost their 7th, 8th, and 9th Legions).  Look at your European History, the Latin people weren't so kind to our Ancestors over there, whether they came from mainland Europe or the British Isles.   What make you think their descendants are going to be kind to us in modern times?  Especially after years of being brought up hating us "Anglos."

Make no mistakes about the Conquistador, he may very well be an extension of the Roman Empire this day in age.  The events of the present are a direct consequence of history.  We will end up suffering for our own inaction, and the byproduct of European Colonialism.  Whether it be Spanish, French, or English.

And I didn't even get into the slaughter of the Native peoples in South America, whole civilizations were wiped out.  Cultures lost forever, don't you guys remember anything from school.  They were on a quest for gold, glory and God.  While they majority of our anscestors came to escape craptacular conditions in Europe, and to practice religious freedoms.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#31]
what was that site posted here a few days ago? showing in a flash movie the aztlan movement as a racist?  need it for another site.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
what was that site posted here a few days ago? showing in a flash movie the aztlan movement as a racist?  need it for another site.

post it here please, or IM it to me if you think it isn't safe.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cultural diversity from Europe made this country great.

Thanks man, I guess I was infuriatied and forgot to mention that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#35]
shite, it's safe  , i'm just too tipsy right now to locate it.   [burp]  sorry.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#38]
holy shit! a tripple tap!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#39]
omg, repost spectacular.  wtf is wrong with this site, or my browser, or my alcohal level even.. .
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

we know you did it on purpose postwhore....

after all, it takes one to know one
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Oh man, I give up. lol
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Anybody have the voting results broken down for a post yet...

Can't find them online.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#44]
http://wehategringos.com/index2.shtml

guess i should have checked my favorites.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#45]
http://wehategringos.com/index2.shtml

guess i should have checked my favorites.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Just emailed my two Senators Cornyn and Hutchinson. We need to apply some serious pressure.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#47]
This would not bother me if they follow though with Tancredo's more draconian enforcement proposals.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#48]
I wonder if this just applies to just Mexicans or everyone who is here illegally.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#49]
It is clear Arlen Spector is no friend of America.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
It is clear Arlen Spector is no friend of America.

Isn't he that senile old guy, came over pre 1776 didn't he?  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top