Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 4:06:53 PM EDT
Just found out this will be held about 50 miles from my house Tues. Wed. and Thur., I think I'll go watch !  OLN TV is going to film this it will be on air in May.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Remember to take plenty of doughnuts and leave your dog at home.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Swatting flies?
CMOS
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#3]
What type of challenges do they have? All jokes aside, it sounds interesting. What Country to you guys think will win. I dont know who will win, but bet that the US comes in 4th or 5th
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads up...Those are always interesting to watch.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What type of challenges do they have? All jokes aside, it sounds interesting. What Country to you guys think will win. I dont know who will win, but bet that the US comes in 4th or 5th

I think the vast majority of teams are American with only a few foreigners invited. I beleive last year the German GSG9 blew away the competition completely with San Antonio the fairly distant runner up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#6]
My former team is going this year.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

40 yard donut dash among the least
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#8]
My question is, who (what department or country for that matter) can afford to have their best guys away for a competition?  I am well aware that teams travel outside of their areas for training, but for a competition?  Better hope things stay quite at home while they are off "playing."
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#9]
They have some units that live for competitions like this and have a dedicated "team" just for them.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, your mom hands them out as we cross the finish line.
Eat shit. Fatbody.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eat shit. Fatbody.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:04:36 AM EDT
[#12]
When is this suppose to be on the tv? I know a lot of you guys hate cops but those are some good events.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:09:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the vast majority of teams are American with only a few foreigners invited. I beleive last year the German GSG9 blew away the competition completely with San Antonio the fairly distant runner up.

Oh..... I was thinking it would be like each country sends their best Team.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:15:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I think it is a comp. just to get on paper, we all know they cant shoot for shit (unless ,ex Marines)

Oh and it is a 10 yard Doughnut dash, 40 yards they'd pass out

For CA's finest it is a Latte dash to the death, along with the bagel bonanza bonzia dash (have to dodge illegals, while running for the bagel display case)

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:16:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eat shit. Fatbody.

OMG you all are too much!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:04:44 AM EDT
[#16]
If it's anything like Combat Missions it should be good.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If it's anything like Combat Missions it should be good.

Should be better.

Any updates as to the date and time of the airings? Website?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I beleive last year the German GSG9 blew away the competition completely with San Antonio the fairly distant runner up.

Last year, yes, but ts the first time in a long while that they broke the top 10.  San Antonio won the year before last.  Dallas finished 2nd the year SAPD won, and 3rd last year.

A member of LAPD SWAT(D Platoon, I think is what its called) told me, "you can pretty much count on a team from Chicago, Dallas, or Los Angeles being in the top 3.".
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I think the challenges are different every year. The challenges usually involve a mix of close-quarters shooting, hostage rescue, sniper shooting, and obstacle course running.

The US has a couple SWAT teams from different PDs so it's not really country vs. country but team vs. team.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I try to watch it and the US SWAT challenge every year.  I think it usually comes on ESPN a few weeks after the competition is held.  2 years ago the team from my hometown came in 2nd place.  And they were the actual SWAT team so I dunno who was on call while they were out of town.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Probably a good way to clean out the local pounds too.....

They gotta get the target dogs somewhere....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:34:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
They have some units that live for competitions like this and have a dedicated "team" just for them.  

What a great fucking use of my tax dollars!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top