Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 3:14:29 PM EDT
200 rounds is a lot?

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyid=2006-03-27T211453Z_01_N27313307_RTRUKOC_0_US-CRIME-SEATTLE-SHOOTING.xml&rpc=22

SEATTLE (Reuters) - The gunman who shot and killed six young people before committing suicide arrived at the weekend house party with an arsenal of weapons and uttered "there's plenty for everyone" during the murderous rampage, Seattle police said on Monday.

Seattle police do not know the motive of the suspected killer, Aaron Kyle Huff, for the shooting spree, but said the discovery of more weapons and ammunition in his truck near the scene indicated the killings were not a sudden act of rage.

"My speculation is that this was not a sudden attack. He came heavily armed with additional ammunition ... clearly intent on doing homicidal mayhem in a killing spree," Seattle Deputy Police Chief Clark Kimerer said at a news conference.

Early Saturday morning, Huff left a house party in a residential neighborhood before returning moments later armed with a shotgun and handgun and spraying party-goers with dozens of bullets, police said. It was Seattle's deadliest crime in more than 20 years.

Two more victims were wounded and remain in the hospital.

Police found a rifle, machete, baseball bat and more than 200 rounds of ammunition in Huff's black pickup truck near the house, said police Detective Don Ledbetter.

Witnesses interviewed by police said Huff was quiet and self-effacing at the party and acted calm and deliberate during the shootings, firing off bullets and saying something like "there's plenty for everyone."

"All of the survivors described him as quiet and they didn't discern that he was going to be the monster that he became," said Kimerer.

Police said they searched Huff's apartment after the shootings and questioned the suspect's twin brother, who was his roommate, before releasing him.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Methinks a  Ruger 10/22, 30 round clip, and a couple boxes of walmart .22LR ammo...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Starting to look like a school shooting only without the school.

Overgrown juvenile with no attachment to the real world, clashes with peers then plots to kill his tormenters, and finally does it.

Exotic chemicals around I am sure did not help the situation.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Good news...

No "assult" weapons

Bad news...

He just didn't take himself out
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
200 rounds is a lot?

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyid=2006-03-27T211453Z_01_N27313307_RTRUKOC_0_US-CRIME-SEATTLE-SHOOTING.xml&rpc=22

SEATTLE (Reuters) - The gunman who shot and killed six young people before committing suicide arrived at the weekend house party with an arsenal of weapons and uttered "there's plenty for everyone" during the murderous rampage, Seattle police said on Monday.

Seattle police do not know the motive of the suspected killer, Aaron Kyle Huff, for the shooting spree, but said the discovery of more weapons and ammunition in his truck near the scene indicated the killings were not a sudden act of rage.

"My speculation is that this was not a sudden attack. He came heavily armed with additional ammunition ... clearly intent on doing homicidal mayhem in a killing spree," Seattle Deputy Police Chief Clark Kimerer said at a news conference.

Early Saturday morning, Huff left a house party in a residential neighborhood before returning moments later armed with a shotgun and handgun and spraying party-goers with dozens of bullets, police said. It was Seattle's deadliest crime in more than 20 years.

Two more victims were wounded and remain in the hospital.

Police found a rifle, machete, baseball bat and more than 200 rounds of ammunition in Huff's black pickup truck near the house, said police Detective Don Ledbetter.

Witnesses interviewed by police said Huff was quiet and self-effacing at the party and acted calm and deliberate during the shootings, firing off bullets and saying something like "there's plenty for everyone."

"All of the survivors described him as quiet and they didn't discern that he was going to be the monster that he became," said Kimerer.

Police said they searched Huff's apartment after the shootings and questioned the suspect's twin brother, who was his roommate, before releasing him.

I don't think the gun grabbers are worried about how much ammo he had.  Just the fact that he had GUNS!!

Them Liberals in Washiington are as bad as the California ones.  They will surely use this to get the guns.

Travis
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#5]
My camping backpack probably counts as an arsenal to the media, and I don't even have any guns in it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#6]
IIRC, 210 rounds is the typical loadout for an Infantryman.

Wait, maybe that is a bad example...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#7]
200 rd eh? I may have that much loose in my range bag
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
From the news report I saw, it looked like he had an AR in his truck but didn't use it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Local Austin news station said he had an "Assault Rifle".

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Local Austin news station said he had an "Assault Rifle".

Observations and information from todays press conference.

Bushmaster XM15, M4 barrel with a Y-Comp, and a collapsible style stock (pinned or functional I don't know, the stock appeared to be in the full open position).  However that rifle was not used in the murders, it was in his truck. (actual rifle was shown)

Winchester Defender 12 Gauge pump pistol grip. (exemplar shotgun was shown)

Ruger Handgum .40 (only stated, nothing shown)
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#11]
RIF

Quoted:
Good news...

No "assult" weapons

Bad news...

Quoted:
200 rounds is a lot?

SEATTLE (Reuters) - The gunman who shot and killed six young people before committing suicide arrived at the weekend house party with an arsenal of weapons and uttered "there's plenty for everyone" during the murderous rampage, Seattle police said on Monday....

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I usually keep a "spare" 200rds in my pistol bag.  Not really big enough to carry much more, but it fills all my pistol magazines.

I think the "excessive amounts of ammo" will profile people buying more than 50-100rds at a time.  Shame I rarely buy under 200-500rds when I go shopping.  Of course, ~90% of that gets shot within the same day/week.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Methinks a  Ruger 10/22, 30 round clip, and a couple boxes of walmart .22LR ammo...

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
200 rounds is a lot?

For a gun grabber, it's an arsenal, sir.

Don't you remember the proposed Klinton/Reno "arsenal tax" for anything over 1k rds or so???  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Good news...

No "assult" weapons

Bad news...

Actually all of the papers and press around here are using their key words. Pistol grip shotgun Banana clips belts of ammo etc. According to the police on TV he had a assault rifle in the truck.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Speculation from the locals is the perverts sodomized drug raped him, he went home armed himself and came back to settle the score.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Speculation from the locals is the perverts sodomized drug raped him, he went home armed himself and came back to settle the score.

Then I really couldn't blame him if that's what happened to him.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then I really couldn't blame him if that's what happened to him.

He got mad 'cause they didn't call the next day.........................            
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#20]
200 rounds?  Sounds like he was just going to 7-11 and got sidetracked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top