Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 2:36:15 PM EDT
I'm thinking about signing up for an account at Shutterfly.com.  I'd like to post pictures of past trips and my upcoming trip to DC to share online.  

Some questions:

Do they allow you to hotlink pictures to other sites?  
How big do they allow your pictures to be?  

I like what I see so far, because you can easily order prints and enlargements of your own pictures when you upload them.  I figure I'll start having some of my pictures printed and frame them to hang in my wall, and maybe bring a few into work.   Sharing them online will also be great, since I lack the willpower to figure out how to set up a slideshow on my server at home, and also want to offload the bandwidth usage it would cause.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump... anybody?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't answer all your questions, but the wife and I are currently using it to chronicle the construction of our home. I haven't learned how to use it, but she seems to like it (she's the one that uploads all the pictures).
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I can't answer all your questions, but the wife and I are currently using it to chronicle the construction of our home. I haven't learned how to use it, but she seems to like it (she's the one that uploads all the pictures).

I'm probably going to sign up for an account tonight.  They do some pretty neat stuff, like the hard and softback picture books.  I was planning on taking a few pictures from my buddy's wedding and before and making a little book for them.   I'd like to do something like that with my Porsche.    

I'm gonna check it out and see if I can use it as a picture host and link pictures here and on other forums.  I guess I'll report back in this thread if it works!  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I use shutterfly all the time.  They have awesome coupons for free prints.  I had over 200 prints and paid little over $10.  The coupons especially for new members are tremendous.  They also gave me a free 128meg SD card for free.

Yes you can hotlink and share your pics.

I printed some posters from my Rebel XT and they were really professional quality.  The best part was they were free and I only paid shipping.

4x6s, 8x10s, and 20x30 posters are easy to print.

They are pretty fast about shipping as well.  Usually delivered within 2-4 days.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:32:25 PM EDT
[#5]
http://web1-buzz.shutterfly.com/h/e/z/memory_card.html

This will give you the free card and 25 free prints.

more coupons incoming.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#6]
BC15-JJEE - 15% discount - use by 3/31
AFF4-FREE - Buy 1 Softcover Photo Book, get 1 free - use by Apr 25, 2006
UPR3-SAVE - 10% off on prints and custom photo Gifts - use by 3/31
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Doc!  I'm about to sign up now!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top