Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 2:02:30 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with the Ranger Reata (the fish-n-ski boat). I'm looking at the 210. Most of what I intend to use the boat for is bass fishing (probably 70-80% of the time), with the remainder of the time spent pleasure boating, tubing, etc.

I'd currently torn on if I should get a dedicated bass boat (a Nitro 591 or Ranger Z20) or the Fish and Ski Reata. How much will I sacrifice from a fishing standpoint with the combo? Will I really not be able to do many of pleasure boating functions with the bass boat?

Opinions and experience are greatly appreciated!!!!

THANKS!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:25:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input shotar. I'm a little concerned that the combo won't fish well. It only has a single livewell in the aft, with no room for a bait bucket when I go out on a crappie fish. Hmmm....

Other input?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:50:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 19.5 ft fish and ski that I use for the bass tournaments that I fish in, trolling for stripers, and pulling a tube and skiers in the summer.  It's not a Ranger but it has a similar layout to the boat you are looking at and it works very well for me.  The single live well is an issue.  What I usually end up doing is either using it to keep the live fish for the tournament or I use it to keep the bait alive and bring a cooler full of ice on board to keep the fish.  If you know you are going to be taking the crappie the home what is the point of keeping them alive the entire time you fish?  Just throw them on ice.

I looked at the new Rangers at a boat show a couple months ago.  The one thing I would recommend you find is a front deck extension to cover the step down between the windshield.  Some of the models have it listed as an option and some don't.  I noticed the step down goes really far up into the front the deck so you plan on fishing up there you will definately want to make sure you have it covered.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:11:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out some of the Walleye boats too ,  deep sides, very nice ride.  Lots of storage too.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top