Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 7:20:13 AM EDT
This oughta be funny.

Picture an R-Rated "March of the Penguins"
Comedian Bob Saget was taking in a showing of "March of the Penguins" when his buddy, producer David Permut, came up with the idea of doing a send-up of the hit documentary.
"The idea for this came organically," Saget says. "I was watching the 'March' movie at a screening at my friend's house, and I couldn't stop doing the voice-overs of the penguins, reminiscent of when I did the voices of the animals on the video show. My friend David Permut said, there's a great comedy movie in this!!"

THINKFilm got involved in what is now titled, "Farce of the Penguins," a comedic send-up of "March of the Penguins." Production is now underway on the film with a release planned for the spring of 2006.

According to a statement issued by THINKFilm, Bob Saget will write, direct, produce, and will perform several of the voices in "Farce of the Penguins." The film will feature "spectacular and heartwarming wildlife photography" however the narrative and soundtrack will be R-rated.

THINKFilm President and CEO Jeff Sackman said, "The Penguin film, and wildlife films in general, have been so hugely popular lately, that they can certainly use some serious spoofing. Bob's unique ability to take sweet, clean-cut material and turn it upside down and inside out is second to none, and I can't wait to see him 'flip the bird' to the entire genre."

SOURCE: THINKFilm

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:26:54 AM EDT
[#1]
kinda like mst-3k!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Bob Saget must need the money.
I guess people have too much time on their hand in order to make fun of a noble effort at film making.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top