Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/26/2006 2:52:23 PM EDT
They are charging some kids just from pictures seized during the party of them holding the AK without a license...

Police bust party, guns found

BOXBOUROUGH -- A late night party is broken up by police after neighbors report gunshots early Sunday morning.

After receiving 911 calls reporting shots fired, police responded to 30 Chester Road and found eight teens between 16-18-years-old allegedly intoxicated.

Authorities then found a loaded semi-automatic assault rifle that was allegedly shown to guests during the party. The officers seized the rifle along with a handgun, two other rifles, alcohol and a beer funnel.

18-year-old Brian Whittier of 205 Great Road in Acton allegedly fired two shots from the rifle from outside the back of the house. Whittier was charged with possessing liquor under 21-years of age, carrying a large capacity firearm, discharging a firearm within 500 feet of an occupied dwelling, and disturbing the peace.

The resident of the home, a 17-year-old, was charged with possessing liquor under 21-years of age, resisting arrest, carrying a firearm without a license, possessing a firearm without a FID card, possessing a large capacity feeding device and possessing ammunition without a FID card.

Two other minors were charged with possessing liquor under 21-years of age and one was charged with carrying a large capacity firearm.

www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO16714/

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Dumbasses. Drink have fun but leave the guns alone.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Authorities then found a loaded semi-automatic assault rifle that was allegedly shown to guests during the party. The officers seized the rifle along with a handgun, two other rifles, alcohol and a beer funnel.

<snip>

The resident of the home, a 17-year-old, was charged with possessing liquor under 21-years of age, resisting arrest, carrying a firearm without a license, possessing a firearm without a FID card, possessing a large capacity feeding device and possessing ammunition without a FID card.

It was an assult beer funnel
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't drink underage, and shoot guns. Pretty simple actually. Oh, and if you are so stupid to do so, don't take pictures of it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't drink underage, and shoot guns. Pretty simple actually.

and for the love of god don't live in Assachusetts.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#5]
wtf is an FID card?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

rather, don't do both at the same time at least  ESPECIALLY not in Mass.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

Firearms ID card.   It lets you buy bolt action rifles and shotguns.   You can't possess ammunition legally without it.

If you want something like that AK, I believe you need a different license in Mass, either a Class A or Class B license.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

Firearms ID card.   It lets you buy bolt action rifles and shotguns.   You can't possess ammunition legally without it.

If you want something like that AK, I believe you need a different license in Mass, either a Class A or Class B license.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

Damn, sounds like the state perceives legal gun ownership as a crime.   Come on down to GA, none of that crap down here.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I like guns, I like beer, but I NEVER fondle my guns once I start drinking...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#13]

MASSACHUSETTS Declaration of Rights, Article 17
       .  The people have a right to keep and bear arms for the common defense.  And as, in time of peace, armies are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be maintained without the consent of the legislature; and the military shall always be held in an exact subordination to the civil authority, and be governed by it.

the problem starts at the top
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:23:51 PM EDT
[#14]
It sucks NOT being a Kennedy In Mass.  sometimes !!! ,   if it were a Kennedy with a AK -or MG the media would say " Kennedy boy warned by police not to celebrate the 4th of July early"
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I give it two pages before some tinfoil nitwit starts calling it police abuse and defends the constitutional rights of intoxicated teenage gun owners.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Have to have a license to own a MAK-90. Thats is LAME!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#18]
If you guys only knew how bad the gun laws are in this state.  

It is out of control, and it has zero effect on gun related crime.  But I'm preaching to the choir here.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Whew!
Thank God it has a thumbhole stock!
If it had a pistol grip, someone may have been hurt!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

.  The people have a right to keep and bear arms for the common defense.  And as, in time of peace, armies are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be maintained without the consent of the legislature; and the military shall always be held in an exact subordination to the civil authority, and be governed by it.

You disagree that a standing army is a threat to liberty?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#21]
What about the damn parents?   I wonder if they are going to press some kind of charges on them?  What a bunch of morons.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#22]
So, there's a pack of intoxicated, underage retards.

One or more is playing with guns.

One lets a few shots off with an AK.

Throw the book at them.

-Ben
MA Resident 23 years
LTC-A-ALP holder
MA firearms safety instructor
NRA home firearm safety / pistol / rifle / shotgun instructor

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

our standing army is the reason we have liberty in the first place.  even during times of peace, there are always threats from nations who are not currently hostile towards us.  forget every other conflict on earth for the momment and think about this: we are at peace with china right now.  if we didnt have a standing army, do you think the chinese would hesitate for one second to invade us with THEIR standing army?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:01:24 PM EDT
[#24]
You can't fix stupid.

ETA: I recommend the DA file addition charges of possession of an ugly ass Mak 90 with a thumbhole stock and rubber recoil pad! Sentanced to 110 hours community service pulling targets at the range and a court order to buy a US parts kit and a real stock set for that fugly POS.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Whew!
Thank God it has a thumbhole stock!
If it had a pistol grip, someone may have been hurt!

+1

You get more thrusts per queeze and you can kill more people utilizing a pistol grip for more deadly shooting from the hip.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

our standing army is the reason we have liberty in the first place.  even during times of peace, there are always threats from nations who are not currently hostile towards us.  forget every other conflict on earth for the momment and think about this: we are at peace with china right now.  if we didnt have a standing army, do you think the chinese would hesitate for one second to invade us with THEIR standing army?

I think they wouldn't hesitate to invade Taiwan.
Seeing as how they couldn't invade us anyway.
The logistics are impossible.

You need to brush up on your history, and see how the Founding Fathers felt about a standing army.
You do realize who wrote the Massachusetts constitution, don't you?
It worries me that you ignored the other part of the statement.

they ought not to be maintained without the consent of the legislature; and the military shall always be held in an exact subordination to the civil authority, and be governed by it
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Taxachusetts gun laws =

What can you expect from a state that elects the" hero of Chappaquiddick" and his fellow asshat  john kerry as their senators though?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

they ought not to be maintained without the consent of the legislature; and the military shall always be held in an exact subordination to the civil authority, and be governed by it

i of course agree with that part, but i maintain, that right now our existence as a free nation is impossible without our standing army
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i of course agree with that part, but i maintain, that right now our existence as a free nation is impossible without our standing army

We're a free nation?
News to me.
ETA: I, and the Founders, disagree with you, on what is essential for a Nation to remain free.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

i maintain, that right now our existence as a free nation is impossible without our standing army

This is pretty self-evident.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I appreciate a good con law argument as much as the next man.

I realize better than most posters just how screwed mass gun laws are.

Who here thinks that nothing bad was going on at the situation described?
16-18 year olds, drunk, playing with a loaded AK.

Anyone see a problem?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Mass. is a friggin police state.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Anyone see a problem?

I'd say that everyone does, so much so that it's not even worth mentioning. That's why we've moved on to how bad it must suck to live in a state like Taxachusetts if you like the 2nd amendment. Or california for that matter
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#34]
for the possion hell no

for shooting of into the wild blue yonder yes throw the book at em.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#35]
I think the dumb asses and their parents need to be locked up!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

It's sad... the 2nd Amendment isn't enough in Commicusetts.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

It's sad... the 2nd Amendment isn't enough in Commicusetts.

Con law argument:  2nd restricts the feds from restricting your personal freedoms/rights.

MA Argument - Read the 17th article of the MA state constitution.  It's a stronger argument.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Idiot teens.  But it seems like everyone was charged with possessing a "large capacity firearm".  How many did they have?

I may clean my guns while having some beer, but never with ammo around.  I sure as hell wont fire it, either!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Idiot teens.  But it seems like everyone was charged with possessing a "large capacity firearm".  How many did they have?

They only had one, which the kid got out of a safe, but the police looked at pictures taken during the party and charged everyone holding the gun in the pictures.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
If you guys only knew how bad the gun laws are in this state.  

It is out of control, and it has zero effect on gun related crime.  But I'm preaching to the choir here.  

Trust me, I know all too well.  One of biggest reasons for leaving that shithole 7 years ago!!

--VT
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#41]
No pity. Drunk kids playing with firearms as residents of MA?

No pity. The spirit of Darwin was hovering above them waiting to strike.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#42]
i thought an assualt rifle had to have a pistol grip purtruding conspicously underneeth the trigger gard???
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and for the love of god don't live in Assachusetts.

That's TAXachusetts!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Guns are not allowed in Assachusetts.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:02:45 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

you left out the at night part. meaning they had no idea of their target or what was behind it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:08:20 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:11:57 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:17:45 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:23:06 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

Wow. "live free or die," huh?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:28:17 AM EDT
[#50]
we need more gun control...I'm writing senator kerry....or maybe kennedy
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top