Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 2:44:17 PM EDT
www.barrettrifles.com/rifles/rifles_m9916.htm

Barrett has come out with a new rifle specificaly designed to tell the cocksuckers in the California Legislature and that Faux Republican in the Governor's mansion to go and fuck themselves!

Look for the ad in this month's American Rifleman.

I love Barrett as a company. I may have to buy one of these big assed sons of bitches just to support Ronnie!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Well don't everyone go crazy over this thing. Maintain a little order. It's not like a business man who puts the second amendment and civilian gun rights first made a gun that they can sell in the largest gun market in America, telling the antis to go blow it out their asses.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool.....but how much is ammo?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well don't everyone go crazy over this thing. Maintain a little order. It's not like a business man who puts the second amendment and civilian gun rights first made a gun that they can sell in the largest gun market in America, telling the antis to go blow it out their asses.

It was anounced a while ago.  It was talked about already.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
He should have made it .499
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm glad he stuck it in their face.

But it will never really sell.

JMO
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe this made its way around this board a month or two ago.  I think most have seen/heard/read a little bit about its existance
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:01:56 PM EDT
[#8]
why .416?  why not go for .499 for a REAL fuck you?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:04:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Very cool, but out of my price range.  
Ammo would be pretty expensive too wouldnt it?  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#11]
It's been advertised in American Rifleman for the past two or three issues.  Think they spoke of it at SHOT show as well.

I think this makes the third .50 alternative caliber available to Cali right now.  .499, .510DTC and .416.  Were the hell you buy ammo if you're not a reloader is beyond me.

I have the money for none of the big guns I want anyway...so sadly it won't sell well with me.  Had I the cash I'd be teetering between a Sako TRG42, Serbu and a Barrett.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Its nice  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Very cool, but out of my price range.  
Ammo would be pretty expensive too wouldnt it?  

If one can afford the gun, they can afford the ammo!

Word is, Barrett is taking quite a few orders for this gun, not all of them to the nazi gun states, either.

As for why the .416; Barrett says that cal has been the best performer in flat trajectory & accuracy. Lots & lots of R&D went into this puppy, I hear.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I heard the ammo is going to be only slightly less expensive than 5.7x28.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
www.barrettrifles.com/rifles/rifles_m9916.htm

Barrett has come out with a new rifle specificaly designed to tell the cocksuckers in the California Legislature and that Faux Republican in the Governor's mansion to go and fuck themselves!

Look for the ad in this month's American Rifleman.

I love Barrett as a company. I may have to buy one of these big assed sons of bitches just to support Ronnie!

I read an article in Barrett Tactical Weapons that the .416 was well into development before the California .50 ban.  Ronnie Barrett says it is a coincidence.  He also says that the .416 was designed from the ground up, specifically for long range shooting.  According to Barrett, this new round travels 3,250 fps and remains supersonic past 2,500 yards.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah we have this search thingy that will let you go and look to see if there is already a 6 freakin page thread AND numerous dupes on this subject already!

The problem is YOU HAVE TO USE IT!

I did a search. Guess I didn't go back far enough. Thanks though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah we have this search thingy that will let you go and look to see if there is already a 6 freakin page thread AND numerous dupes on this subject already!

Maybe it wouldn't be a problem if the Search didn't suck.

"barrett" returns one thread with the search, this one, is this the one you are talking about? Didn't think so.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, not for GD!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, not for GD!

Team members have the ability to search GD.  That capability, My Active Topics and the Archive are the biggest selling points on an account.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Because the .416 was designed for a REAL purpose, not just an "F-Y".

Somewhere around .40 is the caliber for maximum long range ballistic performance out of a cartridge that's still reasonably human-fireable.  The .408 Cheytac is another cartridge with the same goals.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because the .416 was designed for a REAL purpose, not just an "F-Y".

Somewhere around .40 is the caliber for maximum long range ballistic performance out of a cartridge that's still reasonably human-fireable.  The .408 Cheytac is another cartridge with the same goals.

Also, a .499 would only prompt the CA legislature to enact another ban anyway.  Barrett would have to come out with the .498 when they ban the .499, and then the .497 the following year.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Team members have the ability to search GD.  That capability, My Active Topics and the Archive are the biggest selling points on an account.

No, it would be supporting the site, IMO.    
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:38:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Saw it at the shot show.  Pretty neat.  Supposedly the projectile is turned out of a solid chunk of brass.  I wonder what penetration could be...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

The only thing worse than a Dupe Nazi is a lazy Dupe Nazi.

Damn Brass, I must be tired cause I can't stop laughing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top