Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 12:02:08 PM EDT
Our intrepid war correspondents
by Yehudit on March 26, 2006 12:14 PM

Two years ago, some dumb sex therapist in California triggered at least one huge suicide bombing simply by posting an essay on the internet, for US consumption, in which she used rape as a metaphor for the US invasion of Iraq. Rumors flew all over the Middle East that thousands of US troops were raping Iraqi women.

Friday night, Time Baghdad bureau chief Michael Ware got drunk on camera for Bill Maher, live from a city where alcohol is frowned upon (to put it mildly), in front of a cheering laughing studio audience, made vague allegations about US soldiers "manhandling" Iraqi women (while Maher made sarcastic asides about "good news from Iraq"), and explained how hopeless everything is. You could almost see the insurgent's hand up his butt making his little arms wave.

Seixon explains that words have consequences:

Mr. Ware, if you were trying to demonize the United States in a country where you were having massive problems with public support, what do you think the implications of demanding the release of female prisoners who do not exist are? Do they include the public believing that there are female prisoners? OHHHH! You didn't think that far did you?! Nope, you were too busy propping up the terrorists that have beheaded dozens of people, and slandering the US troops:

WARE: We've also seen insurgents criticize other insurgent groups, 'cause you're not doing enough to get the chicks out! I mean, that's how important it can be, this is a matter of great honor, and it's a spark.

Yes, insurgents groups are trying to out-propagandize each other in order to get most public support by demanding the release of non-existent female prisoners. A matter of great honor, indeed! A spark? You're kidding. I never realized that propaganda would be used as a spark, you must be joking:

WARE: So, let's hope we never see that lit.

If that spark gets lit, I doubt Mr Ware will think he had anything to do with it.
This guy should be fired for his unprofessional behavior. If he has evidence of sexual abuse by US troops he should report it carefully and soberly; that's part of his job. But drunken sneering and bellyaching on live TV isn't.

« ok, I'm done now

Direct Link | Comments (7) | TrackBacks (0) | Printer-Friendly | E-mail This!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top