Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 11:37:01 AM EDT
The Chickenhawk Paradox
by Yehudit on March 24, 2006 08:36 PM

Sometimes I am really glad I don't own a TV or a firearm, because watching something like this would tempt me to use one of them to destroy the other.

Via Callimachus who also pointed me to the perfect rejoinder:

So, let me get this straight. . . if you support the war but don’t join up with the armed forces to go and fight, lefties scream “CHICKENHAWK!” at you, implying that your lack of military experience invalidates your opinion. On the other hand, if you’re over there, your opinion on the legitimacy of the war isn’t to be trusted because you’re obviously some sort of moron who couldn’t get a job elsewhere, much less a college education.

One of the many participants in the several rambunctious and entertaining comment threads on this topic supplied some data on the demographics and educational levels of our troops.

(And how are our armed forces coping with the rigors of university life? Check it out . . . . )

UPDATE: Another commenter heard from, this time over at Vodkapundit:

Kerry was an expert on the war because he was a soldier. It was what he based his presidential campaign on. But the Swifties were partisan scum.

Jack Murtha has credibility because....wait for it. He was a Marine! And those potential Democrat candidates that the party so wanted to run in 2006 against Republicans had credibility precisely because, they were soldiers!

But these men & women presently engaged and on the ground in harm's way, what the hell do they know? They're losers, idiots and worse. Until that is, one of them speaks out against his brothers and sisters in arms, then he'll be a hero.

Direct Link | Comments (20) | TrackBacks (0) | Printer-Friendly | E-mail This
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, but doesn he know how to storm a room and put a man down with 3 rounds of 5.56 or kill any man around him in a 3 feet radius

Cuz if you cant do that, you cant do shit, soldiers have more bullets than he has brains
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
You're trying to logically analyze a Democrat political talking point?  They're not supposed to make sense.  They're just supposed to garner votes.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Soldiers come in all shapes and sizes, some are dumb, some are geniuses, some are political, some don't give a crap, some can articulate reasons they joined, some just did...

But they all have one thing in common.  When the rubber meets the road, they are risking their lives, taking responsibility for their decisions, and representing something bigger and better than they are as an individual.  A soldier knows how to suffer and sacrifice because they have no choice.  

Pussy ass liberals will defend their views only as long as it is cool, comfortable, and not dangerous.  Remember, the Revolutionary War was fought by a minority population, most people just sat it out.  And don't forget these famous words:

"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious." -
 --  Oscar Wilde
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I was reading about Clinton.  He was haunted about not serving in Nam, and the prospect of sending in troops to die (wherever) and being called essentially a chickenhawk.  It affected his decisions, it was a major factor.

Bush doesn't give a fuck  The people decided he can do that sort of stuff, and though election, he has all the authority and place to put men into harms way in the interests of the USA.

The Democrats aren't really that that smart.  They think if he has a uniform, or used to, his national defense credentials are solid gold and critical questions about his positions or what he would do aren't important.  They have it so backwards.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was reading about Clinton.  He was haunted about not serving in Nam, and the prospect of sending in troops to die (wherever) and being called essentially a chickenhawk.  It affected his decisions, it was a major factor.

Bush doesn't give a fuck  The people decided he can do that sort of stuff, and though election, he has all the authority and place to put men into harms way in the interests of the USA.

The Democrats aren't really that that smart.  They think if he has a uniform, or used to, his national defense credentials are solid gold and critical questions about his positions or what he would do aren't important.  They have it so backwards.

Actually, invasion of Iraq was not mentioned in his 2000 campaign trail.

Also, "Bush" doesn't have the authority to start a war.  No single man in our government does.

I voted for him only because the thought of Gore as President made me sick,  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, you're in TX, no matter.  
But you're right about not trusting Gore.  God, look how he has become.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
This is a guy who proudly proclaims that he has been kicked out of every school he has ever attended. What an intellectual giant, he can’t keep his mouth shut long enough to learn what they are trying to teach. In his estimation of things I am the dumb one.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I always thought a "chickenhawk" was a Older Gay man that preyed on young, confused, men.

-----------------------------------------------

In a related note, unless you have been or are gay, you no longer have any say in the argument about Gay marriage, cannot have any say in affirmative action unless you are a minority, and no say in AIDS research unless you like getting poked in the ass.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top