Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 8:17:46 AM EDT
I went to a gun show yesterday and was disapointed at the lack of high quality AK clones.  It seems like everywhere I go, (either gun shows or gun shops) there are never any AKs besides the run of the mill WASR 10s.  It seems like I see more pre ban original HK 91s, 93s, and 94s than I do high quality AKs. Were there that many HK rifles imported before 89 or is everyone that has one trying to sell them due to the high prices these rifles bring, or is it that there are just not many AKs in the country? I see plenty of them on the equipment exchange.  

ETA: It seems like everyone has M4 fever..everywhere I go there are loads and loads of M4s.  I love mine, but is anyone getting tired of AR 15s all the time? Seems like there is never any variety.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:19:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably because everyone buys AKs, and the others just sit there.....

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#2]
anyone else?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Not much room on the tables at the gun shows after the beef jerky, beanie babies, t-shirts, old coins, dolls, books, handbags, etc
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
but is anyone getting tired of AR 15s all the time? Seems like there is never any variety.  

you speak blasphemy!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
but is anyone getting tired of AR 15s all the time? Seems like there is never any variety.  

you speak blasphemy!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love ARs, but I get tired of them being the only rifle I ever see in any numbers.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#6]
My gunshop back home, IIRC, has a bunch of AK's. He just keeps them in the back because they're all pretty much the same type and he only puts one out.  He puts out more AR's and such because of the variety of options (A2s, M4s, precision, etc)

Basically he's trying to do the most with the amount of wall space he has.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#7]
So if you guys could have a gun shop offer these things what would you want to see? Vectors, Yugo's, ect?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd like to see vectors, arsenals, any variety of higher quality AKs.  I'd also like to see more gun shops stock the JLD HK91 clones, vector Uzi clones, DSA FALs....it seems like the only gun shop I've ever been in that has this kind of variety is Bull's Eye right out side of Atlanta.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Most well stocked defense related stores have at least a few Aks. Certainly, this is true in the MD/VA area. More rural stores cater to the hunting crowd.

I wish there was a good Ak Mfg in this country putting out a product like the vector. A simple Akm clone for under $400. That's why Sars sold like hot cakes. The price point was absolutely correct.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I just get my Nine's 'n AK's of the Ice Cream truck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top