Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 7:32:47 AM EDT
To The Editor:

I was sad to read that Governor Sebelius' veto of the gun bill was overridden and that Kansans may carry concealed weapons. I believe that diplomacy works best. I do not believe in guns, especially concealed guns for ordinary citizens.  I have never owned a gun and don't like to hear of anyone being shot by and accident or a stray bullet or a miscommunication. I believe that concealed carry only leads to children being accidentally shot or accidentally shooting their friends and having to live with the consequences for the rest of their lives.

Linda James
1108 C Gardenway

Seriously, which Arfcomer sent this in to make the antis look even dumber?  Its got "I do not believe in guns", "I have never owned a gun", and the clincher: "I believe that concealed carry only leads to children being accidentally shot or accidentally shooting their friends".

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:36:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Heh.

I wouldn't necessarily call her an "anti". I'd consider her sentiments to be the status-quo, to be honest with you. Seriously, outside of our little circle (gun board/shops/ranges/etc) this is the attitude that I keep running into. It's more prevalent among those who live in metro areas, which is to be expected.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:39:03 AM EDT
[#2]
What an idiot
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:50:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
To The Editor:

I do not believe in guns,

Linda James
1108 C Gardenway

I don't believe in santa or the easter bunny. Does that mean they don't exist either?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:54:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Thats funny I don't believe in ghost.

saying guns kill people is like saying my keyboard made me spell shat wrong.

See Fucking keyboard made me spell shit wrong.

We should have keyboard control.

All keyboards should be coated with teflon and be registered as a class 3 NFA cop killing item and have a 2000 dollar tax stamp.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#5]
What a dope - I don't "believe" in her.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:57:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Shouldnt a concealed carry gun always be on the adult therefore children should never be able to get a hold of it?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
To The Editor:

I was sad to read that Governor Sebelius' veto of the gun bill was overridden and that Kansans may carry concealed weapons. I believe that diplomacy works best. I do not believe in guns, especially concealed guns for ordinary citizens.  I have never owned a gun and don't like to hear of anyone being shot by and accident or a stray bullet or a miscommunication. I believe that concealed carry only leads to children being accidentally shot or accidentally shooting their friends and having to live with the consequences for the rest of their lives.

Linda James
1108 C Gardenway

Seriously, which Arfcomer sent this in to make the antis look even dumber?  Its got "I do not believe in guns", "I have never owned a gun", and the clincher: "I believe that concealed carry only leads to children being accidentally shot or accidentally shooting their friends".

Those miscommunications will get you killed everytime.

GM
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Education is the key.
I am sure no gang member in KC will shoot an umarmed citizen.
What rock are these people living under?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:23:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Education is the key.

Not sure but id sure like to blow it up with dynamite
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:25:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
To The Editor:

Linda James
1108 C Gardenway

nope - there really are people with their heads that far up their asses

welcome to my world of massholechusetts
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Education is the key.

We're a good 2 hours from KC or Wichita.  In Manhattan there is a serial rapist with 8 rapes completed that the local popo haven't been able to catch, yet.  Shame there couldn't have been 1 attempted rape and 1 dead rapist...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#13]
What paper is this in? Are you in manhattan if so it is a college town and even ag science, vet schools are full of leftwing thinkers.  but go Wildcats my sister graduated from Kstate went to grad school in Pa and after a few years in germany (post doctoral fellowship) she is starting to come around.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:05:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Education is the key.

We're a good 2 hours from KC or Wichita.  In Manhattan there is a serial rapist with 8 rapes completed that the local popo haven't been able to catch, yet.  Shame there couldn't have been 1 attempted rape and 1 dead rapist...

u a manhattan guy???
i've been trying to find some members around here to start shooting with, for gods sake, i drove damn near to mo yesterday to shoot with some members.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
To The Editor:

Linda James
1108 C Gardenway

Well it looks like every BG in the area now knows where to go, and stay safe......
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:23:38 AM EDT
[#18]
BAAAAAAAA

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#19]

One of those that are disconnected from the real world and think if they "don't believe" in something, it isn't true (or won't happen to them).  

These are the types that will fight like hell to hold on to their worldview because if you get them to THINK about it, they'll realize it's a house of cards built on "feelings" and it will come tumbling down.  Better to live in your fantasy rather than deal with reality.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
show.imagehosting.us/show/1260016/0/nouser_1260/T0_-1_1260016.gif

Shoot him in the face please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Maybe the government will take care of all your needs.

Still believing?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Education is the key.

u a manhattan guy???
i've been trying to find some members around here to start shooting with, for gods sake, i drove damn near to mo yesterday to shoot with some members.

Yeah glock, I'm in Manhattan.  To answer the other question, that was in this mornings Manhattan Mercury (Mockery).  The lady lives in a high-crime trailer court.  If any of her neighbors had the ability to read or a subscription they would now know which house to rob, assuming she has anything.  She may not believe in money or jewelry either...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Education is the key.

u a manhattan guy???

Yeah glock, I'm in Manhattan.  To answer the other question, that was in this mornings Manhattan Mercury (Mockery).  The lady lives in a high-crime trailer court.  If any of her neighbors had the ability to read or a subscription they would now know which house to rob, assuming she has anything.  She may not believe in money or jewelry either...

And you guys are shocked that somebody that "stoopid" lives in that town?  Drop me an email or something, I get back that way every now and then.  I may be changing jobs real soon and moving back to that area, it would be great to have some people to go shooting with.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Heh.

I wouldn't necessarily call her an "anti". I'd consider her sentiments to be the status-quo, to be honest with you. Seriously, outside of our little circle (gun board/shops/ranges/etc) this is the attitude that I keep running into. It's more prevalent among those who live in metro areas, which is to be expected.

Really?  Around here most people believe that you should be able to have guns for self-defense and hunting, even if they don't have one.  The only problem is that they have such a limited knowledge of guns that they are vulnerable to "you don't need those EBRs."  They see movies and think that pistols are all you need.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes, I am absolutely convinced of that.

This writer is convinced CCW is such a bad thing, even though more than 2/3 of the states has CCW now and none of her fears have come true.  If you were to point that out to her, she'd likely go catatonic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top