Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 7:24:44 AM EDT
I went to visit my favorite gun shop here locally yesterday, and I found out some weird news. Back last November I purchased a brand new Bushmaster M4 type w/ 16 in barrel. Well, I was having too many problems with it at the range, so I went back to the owner of the gun shop and they just swapped out that A2 carry handle Bushy for a brand new Bushy flat top for me to take home. I said fair enough, and had not heard anything until yesterday.

The gun shop sent it back for repair to Bushmaster. Several days later they got the mail back from Bushmaster via UPS, but all they got was the clamshell case minus a brand new Bushy.

So, my guess is that someone at UPS wanted that sucker real bad.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:26:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Or mayby someone at the gun shop "forgot" to put it in the box, so they could blame UPS?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#2]
So what is your point?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:40:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So what is your point?

Ups sucks and bushmasters jam?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:41:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So what is your point?

I am sure that is not what he is saying.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:44:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So what is your point?

Just passing some info along, why? This is general discussion right.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So what is your point?

lol
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:54:34 AM EDT
[#7]
That is why UPS makes you ship handguns Next Day Air. It makes it harder for their employees to steal them. They have a huge problem with this. It is also why I avoid using them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:57:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That is why UPS makes you ship handguns Next Day Air. It makes it harder for their employees to steal them. They have a huge problem with this. It is also why I avoid using them.

UPS has a problem with people stealing handguns?

Do you know that all entry and exit points at UPS facilities are secured and most have Metal Detectors plus 1 or 2 rent a cops?

Before posting BS about people stealing handguns from UPS, get your head out of your ass, after doing this you will not feel the need to post such utter BS.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:01:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Um, it is really , really easy to steal things from UPS. I worked for the Louisville hub for 8 months when I was in college. There was a detail at the end of the night to go around the fence line and police up all the empty boxes from people stealing.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:06:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Um, it is really , really easy to steal things from UPS. I worked for the Louisville hub for 8 months when I was in college. There was a detail at the end of the night to go around the fence line and police up all the empty boxes from people stealing.

I've walked right into the griffin ga hub without issue picked up my package out of the stack and walked out.

Security is non existant there all I did was ask where my box was and they waved me at the pile...

But they've never lost anything of mine.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:07:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Do you know that all entry and exit points at UPS facilities are secured and most have Metal Detectors plus 1 or 2 rent a cops?

Before posting BS about people stealing handguns from UPS, get your head out of your ass, after doing this you will not feel the need to post such utter BS.

LOL, somebody works for UPS!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anything else to add? Or is that all the wit you are capable of producing.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+2
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:14:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably their lose prevention division too....

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:22:20 AM EDT
[#17]
UPS has a theft problem, it's well known and ongoing for years.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Oh, teh noes! Alert the rent-a-cops!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somebody has to work there.   What is your point?

He has a job, which is something several people here would like.  Plus UPS has awesome pay and benefits.

Typical Children.

They have no point.

They just like to play internet commando.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:46:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Typical Children.

They have no point.

Easy, killer.  

Unless you are the CEO of UPS, I don't see why you would get offended.  When my company fucks up, I don't get my pussy hurt about it.  THAT'S "the point", for you two bright bulbs.

...coming from a guy with over 34 posts a day
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Typical Children.

They have no point.

Easy, killer.  

Unless you are the CEO of UPS, I don't see why you would get offended.  When my company fucks up, I didn't get my pussy hurt about it.  THAT'S "the point", for you two bright bulbs.

So are you going to use UPS to ship that Handgun?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Typical Children.

They have no point.

Easy, killer.  

Unless you are the CEO of UPS, I don't see why you would get offended.  When my company fucks up, I didn't get my pussy hurt about it.  THAT'S "the point", for you two bright bulbs.

Either UPS or Fedex, probably.  I have no dog in this fight, other than to point out how you got your panties in a bunch about the allegation of a theft problem.  Hell, every company has a theft problem.  Which is why I'll insure my package.  To get offended that someone points that out is a bit silly, yes?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:49:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You would be suprized at how many people I personally saw getting cought stealing when I worked there. The only job there that would be easy to steal from would be the drivers because they are already away from the building. UPS uses hidden cameras to monitor people they suspect of stealing and they know what to look for. Also, the $5,000 reward for turning someone for stealing is nice too. Why would you risk stealing in a place that has almost nowhere to hide when someone that sees you take something can get a fat payout.

As for the case with no gun I would assume that it broke open by itself in the conveyor system, a fairly common thing would happen dozens of times a shift, the gun got stuck somewhere and the case continued on. Specially trained people are supossed to tape up the boxes by supervisors will do it to save time, with no regard for what was actually in the box.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Typical Children.

They have no point.

Easy, killer.  

Either UPS or Fedex, probably.  I have no dog in this fight, other than to point out how you got your panties in a bunch about the allegation of a theft problem.  Hell, every company has a theft problem.  Which is why I'll insure my package.  To get offended that someone points that out is a bit silly, yes?

Do you notice how the original poster has not said anything since his original post.

We have been ed.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#25]
I used to work next door to UPS in the industrial park. It was always fun to go out there on a smoke break and watch the guys on the dock playing soccer with packages and chucking them like grenades or footballs and missing the openings of the trucks all together Didn't look very high security to me, all they would have had to do was walk over to their cars in the same fenced in area and throw a package in it

ETA: That was more than a few years ago, they have probably tightened up a bit since then

I've never had a problem with shipping firearms with UPS Ground though but what are you gonna do, there are crooks in every business.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Do you notice how the original poster has not said anything since his original post.

We have been ed.

You mean I got riled up for nothing?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have been ed.

You mean I got riled up for nothing?

Yes, I did as well.

ETA.  I do not get riled about the internet.
ETA2. Your math fu sucks I only average 24 posts per day.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Yes, I did as well.

The internet is serious business, my friend.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, I did as well.

The internet is serious business, my friend.

Who has the Al Gore pic with that phrase?

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:00:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Typical Children.

They have no point.

Easy, killer.  

We have been ed.

I have just been reading the posts. What do you want me to say? All of this info that I have posted was told to me yesterday. So, I thought that I would post it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#32]
problem is if they are smart they dont have to take it out of the building or even open it to steal stuff... just slap a new label on it....
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#33]
I will let you in on the biggest scam at UPS. It is the 2nd day air and 3 day air. Unless you are shipping across country and need it there in 3 days you are being ripped off. If a second day or 3 day package can make it to its destination going with the regular ground it goes with the regular ground, there are no special trucks and it isn't all put on a plane. For example from cleveland to the texas border a 2 day package would go with the ground packages and would make it just fine. imagine a straight line up from there and you get the idea of the large area coverd in the 2nd day air by ground. So if you are shipping part of the way across the country and don't need it there in 2-3 days ground is the best way.

Just incase you want to know, I works as a sorter for almost 7 years. It was my job to send the boxes to the trucks to be loaded, all the 2-3 air that wouldn't make it ground went to is own area to get sent to the airport, the rest sent like it was normal.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
problem is if they are smart they dont have to take it out of the building or even open it to steal stuff... just slap a new label on it....

You would think that would work, I tryed to think of how to do that when I was there. All of the info for the packages is stored in the computers, you might get away with in for a little while but their computer would start throwing up flags real quick and then would you want that trail leading to your address?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You would think that would work, I tryed to think of how to do that when I was there. All of the info for the packages is stored in the computers, you might get away with in for a little while but their computer would start throwing up flags real quick and then would you want that trail leading to your address?

its easy. google it. you use empty apartments or houses. they drop the pacakge off on the front door. u pick up the package after they leave. that pacakge just disappeared.

when you send a package, put MULTIPLE COPIES of any address's and postage stickers on it.

why would someone at the sorting facility steal it when they can just drop a sticker on the box and have the driver steal it for them without even knowing it?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

its easy. google it. you use empty apartments or houses. they drop the pacakge off on the front door. u pick up the package after they leave. that pacakge just disappeared.

when you send a package, put MULTIPLE COPIES of any address's and postage stickers on it.

why would someone at the sorting facility steal it when they can just drop a sticker on the box and have the driver steal it for them without even knowing it?

It might work with an empty house, but the drivers are not supossed to leave a package at an apartment for any reason, now in practice that might not always be the case. The only things worth stealing from UPS while working there would be small and non metallic. I even saw a guy get busted stealing a ring, it was pretty funny to watch. I'm sure it was even funnier when they took him to jail. There was also I guy that was stealing video games, he was a loader(the best job to have to stealing) and would break open the boxes going to the video game store. They cought onto him quick and let him keep doing it for a while. He got a few months rent free and three squares a day

EDIT: the multiple copy thing is a great idea, it helps the sorters out alot, every package in almost every building is sorted by hand not machine, so someone has to find the label then the zip and sent it down the right conveyor, all in less than 3 seconds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top