Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 2:53:57 AM EDT
All the boarder threads just got me thinking....  If someone to sit on our side of the boarder, fire a rifle accross the boarder, and mows down some Mexicans, while there still on the Mexican side of the boarder would they have commited a crime?....

Think about it they didn't commit a crime in the US as the person, or persons shot were in Mexico, and no crime was commited in Mexico as the weapon was fired in the US, or am I missing somethig?....

Before anyone posts it this is not meant as any kind of a racial post, the other threads, particularly about the violence got me thinking, the question is purely theoretical, because I'm just curiouse, I am not advocateing doing it, this is just my random post of the day....
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:56:53 AM EDT
[#1]
You would have commited murder... Plan and simple.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:01:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

But you would have to need a person on THAT side of the border to give a shit and press charges, so afterwards you can rally at the local watering hole and brag about your day at the range.

eta: post 100, I'm somebody now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:05:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Take the law out of it for a moment....would Jesus consider it murder?

I have to believe there are provisions within the law to extradite someone in the event of the circumstances you suggest. I can only imagine what it might be like spending the rest of your (short) life in a Mexican prison for this crime. Probably wouldnt last very long.

Even if a loophole in the law existed, murder for murder sake is wrong.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:06:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But you would have to need a person on THAT side of the border to give a shit and press charges, so afterwards you can rally at the local watering hole and brag about your day at the range.

Still murder weather someone presses charges or not. And someone starts "bragging" about there day at the range and it gets out that did in fact happen, your gonna be arrested for murder...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:18:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still murder weather someone presses charges or not. And someone starts "bragging" about there day at the range and it gets out that did in fact happen, your gonna be arrested for murder...

I dress casually for murder "weather". My lack of conspicuous clothing always gives me the upper hand.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes it's morraly wrong, common sense says it's wrong, and ordinarily the law would say it's wrong, but is it TECHNICALY wrong?....
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes it's morraly wrong, common sense says it's wrong, and ordinarily the law would say it's wrong, but is it TECHNICALY wrong?....

I dunno - if a Mexican firebombs the U.S. embassy in Mexico City and kills everyone inside, would they have committed a crime (since the U.S. embassy is technically on U.S. territory, not Mexican)?

Is that an equally valid question?  Or is this thread just about killing mexicans?

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Murder: they should bust the person in the US.  Bullet came from their gun and action.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dunno - if a Mexican firebombs the U.S. embassy in Mexico City and kills everyone inside, would they have committed a crime (since the U.S. embassy is technically on U.S. territory, not Mexican)?

Is that an equally valid question?  Or is this thread just about killing mexicans?

Valid question, though I'm pretty sure embassys are covered by international law, and treatirs, though I dought the Mexican Government would do shit to catch them....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top