Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 1:54:44 AM EDT
I was thinking that some dealers might not want to haul it home, and mark their prices down a bit.  ETA...I'm bringing my trailer and I'm planning on stocking up.

Does anyone know if this happens?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:02:58 AM EDT
[#1]
hell, I just wish I could be there.....
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:09:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Sometimes.

You just never know about ammo and prices there.

If you're looking for decent .308,.223, 8mm, it will usually be gone friday or by 10 am saturday.

The Indian crap will be there all weekend.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:02:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Sometimes.

You just never know about ammo and prices there.

If you're looking for decent .308,.223, 8mm, it will usually be gone friday or by 10 am saturday.

The Indian crap will be there all weekend.

Are you going this time?  I owe you a cigar.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:26:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Are you going this time?  I owe you a cigar.

Probably not. I've got a 4 day backpacking trip planned for the following weekend (easter). Kind of tough for me to get away for two long weekends in a row.

Besides, ammunitionstore is right down the road from me.  The cigar will have to wait a few more months for bulletfest.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:50:46 AM EDT
[#5]
First time, eh?  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
First time, eh?  

Yep.

Waldo...there is no way I can hold onto the cigar I am saving for you until Bulletfest rolls around again.  I'll just smoke it and send you the ashes and the band...no need to pay me for shipping, as it should cost much.

I thought that years ago someone told me that the end of Knob Creek was the place/time to buy ammo.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#7]
We were gonna go up with Don Quinnel but we have to work.

Manybe next time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#8]
knobb creek is one of those things on my list of things to do before i die, and i probably should do it sooner rather than later before the antis take all the fun out of it
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I thought that years ago someone told me that the end of Knob Creek was the place/time to buy ammo.

It still can be.  But the show itself has grown quite a bit since the old days. Tha savy shoppers actually show up on fridays, then the hordes on saturday.  The ammo moves. It's kind of like watching army ants carry it away.

BTW 75% of the ammo is sold by about 4-5 vendors and most of that is located on the outer little lane behind the blockhouse. Not much ammo inside the pole barn. Don't forget a 2 wheel dolly (or money to pay one of the mule drivers to haul it out to where you parked) I carried a case of .308 out to my truck once, never again. I was parked in the first row right by the gate too.

I usually went with Campy and Plateshooter. We would all buy our ammo at the same time and split the mule cost, one trip.

I could still go for the hell of it, but I just don't have much of a shopping wish list at this time.  With the price of gas, ammo would end up costing me twice as much as just going to ammostore and buying it direct. It's also a sellers market right now (when it comes to ammo).

Anyway, have fun, everyone should see that place at least once.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Im going to be attending for the first time this year, going wit ha buddy who goes religiously.  Do they have deccent prices on .50 BMG ammo?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Don't forget a 2 wheel dolly (or money to pay one of the mule drivers to haul it out to where you parked) I carried a case of .308 out to my truck once, never again.

+1

Never again.  Definately bring a dolly!

As far as ammo...  Once I was there early Friday and a whole pallet of 8mm was bought even before the show opened.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top