Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 10:14:01 PM EDT
I remember my parents telling me that it was bad for my eyes if I was too close to the TV, but here we are sitting in front of computer monitors..

I ask because I keep telling my son to get away from the TV...just like my parents told me....

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
My dad insists you will go blind if you watch tv with the lights off. I think that would put more strain on your eyes.

I honestly dont think it will cause any problems sitting too close.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]
i've busted a few myths about things that are supposed to make my eyes go bad.

i have 20/15 vision and i could tell you how many pixels made up slimer on ghostbusters.

i also dont have hairy palms either, so that's two myths busted at once
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:21:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Supposedly it was true about the older TV's
The newer ones have less "radiation".
Of course it could all be bullshit about TV radiation paranoia
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
No, but sitting infront of your computer moniter will!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:23:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

i have 20/15 vision and i could tell you how many pixels made up slimer on ghostbusters.

Then your not doing it enough.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Only when your close enough for your eyes to hit the screen when your Mother hits you in the back of the head when she tells you to move back.  And then it's really all them little stars that mess up your eyes, not the TV.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#7]
email mythbusters and ask them to do a piece on this
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#8]
There is an "optimum " distance from the TV for comfortable viewing of the whole picture that is propartional to the screen size, heck if I know what it is though. It drives me nuts when people have huge tvs that are close the the couch, I would do it to if I had the cash.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Could you use a larger font.  I can't quite make out the question.  Oh well, back to watching 24 season one.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:59:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I remember my parents telling me that it was bad for my eyes if I was too close to the TV, but here we are sitting in front of computer monitors..

My dad used to tell my two brothers and I that it would shrink our balls.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:25:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

"Today on Mythbusters, we are going to kill two birds with one stone.  To test whether or not sitting too close to the TV and Masturbation can affect eyesight we have concocted a test.  This test will involve a 36" Sony Wega, a helmet welded in place 3 feet from the TV, and Vivid Video's entire collection, from Anal Angels 1 to Zany Butt Sluts 12.  Jaime and Adam will each wear these contraptions, while being helped along with supplies from Kleenex, Astroglide, and Mountain Dew.

----------------------------

"It's been 36 hours and time for our first eye exams.....and aside from some chaffing and tendonitis, there is nothing (physically) wrong with either of our Mythbusters.....Stay Tuned for next week's show when we see if Buster the crash dummy can survive a thermonuclear detonation!"
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:45:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Today on Mythbusters, we are going to kill two birds with one stone.  To test whether or not sitting too close to the TV and Masturbation can affect eyesight we have concocted a test.  This test will involve a 36" Sony Wega, a helmet welded in place 3 feet from the TV, and Vivid Video's entire collection, from Anal Angels 1 to Zany Butt Sluts 12.  Jaime and Adam will each wear these contraptions, while being helped along with supplies from Kleenex, Astroglide, and Mountain Dew.

"It's been 36 hours and time for our first eye exams.....and aside from some chaffing and tendonitis, there is nothing (physically) wrong with either of our Mythbusters.....Stay Tuned for next week's show when we see if Buster the crash dummy can survive a thermonuclear detonation!"

make it pay per view and i am in!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

make it pay per view and i am in!

So why do you want to watch guys masturbating???
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I have 20/20 vision. I have busted the following myths:

1. Sitting too close to the TV
2. Masturbation will make you go blind

I bust those myths all the time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Why were you masturbating to slimer?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:45:11 AM EDT
[#16]
wow, I can really kill a thread!

I should do this for hire.

"Threads killed, get your threads killed here, only $25!!"
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Sitting in front of a monitor for 12 hours a day DOES ruin your vision...that I know for a fact.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:57:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
No, but sitting infront of your computer moniter will!!!

Only if it's ARFCOM!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
There is an "optimum " distance from the TV for comfortable viewing of the whole picture that is propartional to the screen size, heck if I know what it is though. It drives me nuts when people have huge tvs that are close the the couch, I would do it to if I had the cash.

I read somewhere that the TV size should be one third the distance from the TV to the viewing position.

If it is 150 inches from the TV to the couch, get a 50 inch TV.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:01:25 AM EDT
[#20]
No, but it will shrink your nads.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

You jerked off to ghostbusters?

... and no you won't go blind. Nothing to worry about
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top