Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:41:33 PM EDT
This one still haunts me to this day.

www.feelingretro.com/view_toy.cfm?id=94

Why on Earth would my parents buy a miniature Chucky? Did they hate me?

Edited to add pic.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this toy was made by Demons?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this toy was made by Demons?

is that the silence of the lambs action set?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This one still haunts me to this day.

www.feelingretro.com/view_toy.cfm?id=94

Why on Earth would my parents buy a miniature Chucky? Did they hate me?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/Breycor/hugo1.jpg

Edited to add pic.

I didn't have one but I do remember commercials for it.
Definitely demonic
eta: daisy 880 powerline
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
My BB gun....
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#5]
By the time I was 6 I had a very formidible arsenal of toy guns. I never went anywhere without a toy gun and I shot everyone and everything that corssed my path. My mother's cousin (who was nurse and also my godmother) told my mom that playing with guns was making me too violent. A couple of days later my mother rounded up all of my toy guns and threw them in the trash, hoping to curb my "violent" tendancies. I think that might be part of the reason for my love of firearms today and my utter hatred for all forms of gun control. That and real guns are much, much cooler than toy guns.

Anyways, I survived my childhood disarmament and have since vowed never to be disarmed again.

Does that count?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#6]
That is one of the most horrificly disturbing things I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

....Anyways, I survived my childhood disarmament and have since vowed never to be disarmed again.

Does that count?

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Bag O' Glass

ETA
I did have a kick ASS Thompson cap gun.  Looked VERY real, steal, real wood.  GOD I wish I had that now.

And of course....

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My BB gun....

+1 my BB and Pellet rifles.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Stretch Armstrong…

The damned thing just begged you to murder him. When you finally got it done, some sick fucker had made all the “interior goo” blood red so you truly felt like a murderer.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
By the time I was 6 I had a very formidible arsenal of toy guns. I never went anywhere without a toy gun and I shot everyone and everything that corssed my path. My mother's cousin (who was nurse and also my godmother) told my mom that playing with guns was making me too violent. A couple of days later my mother rounded up all of my toy guns and threw them in the trash, hoping to curb my "violent" tendancies. I think that might be part of the reason for my love of firearms today and my utter hatred for all forms of gun control. That and real guns are much, much cooler than toy guns.

Anyways, I survived my childhood disarmament and have since vowed never to be disarmed again.

Does that count?

Yeah that counts.
I remember as a kid, hating  playing at kids houses with moms like yours. And I was usually not invited back anyways because I was a bad influence, so it worked out okay.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:10:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Most evil to others.... my play bow and arrow. About 15 seconds after I got it I figured out that I could take the suction cups off and stick 'em in the pencil sharpener. When done rabbit hunting the suckers went back on so Mom wouldn't know.

Evil to me.... anyone else ever get a pair of those spring shoes? Two metal plates, approximately footprint shaped with 5" springs between them. You strapped them to your feet and hopped around. Real good traction with that sheet steel on concrete too. I'm very surprised that I never broke my ankles.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Barbies.  And then my brother's GI Joes would storm the Dream Cottage.  My parents wouldn't let me have any GI Joes of my own.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#14]
eliminator tx 7 i think thats what it was called.

It was a toy gun that was 7 weapons in one.

pull a part out and boom sword add a piece and it was a space cannon, remove a part and it was a machine gun.
kinda cool at the time by adding pieces or removing them it would trip a switch that changed what it would sound like.

damn thing ate batterys like there was no tommrow thu.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:14:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Stretch Armstrong…

The damned thing just begged you to murder him. When you finally got it done, some sick fucker had made all the “interior goo” blood red so you truly felt like a murderer.

i2.tinypic.com/sb7int.jpg

that's a clear MS Paint job!  stretch's blood was clear
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

pull a part out and boom sword add a piece and it was a space cannon, remove a part and it was a machine gun.
kinda cool at the time by adding pieces or removing them it would trip a switch that changed what it would sound like.

man i had one of those. i loved that sword part. it had two buttons for two differnt sounds on it. the blade was red clearish plastic IIRC. you pushed the sword into the back and it became the buttstock for the rifle part.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I still can't believe to this day that I got away with my toy guns. The cap guns I had looked and felt like a real firearm. Me and my friends used to point them at cars and people walking in the streets not to mention we brought them to school to play with at recess. Boy have times changed.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stretch Armstrong…

Actually the older Strech Armstrongs (Circa 1975) had a thicker almost rubber goo inside. And it was blood red. It's one of the first toys I remember people bitching about because of how it “could hurt your child’s psyche.”

You could stretch them out about four or five feet before things started to tear. The newer ones sucked.

Link
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stretch Armstrong…

Didn't corn syrup pulse through Stetch's veins?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Lawn Darts.

Threw em straight up and moved at the last second. It was all fun and games till the neighbor kid wasn't fast enough and it went through his foot!!! Then it was just hilarious, till his dad came out
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

man i had one of those. i loved that sword part. it had two buttons for two differnt sounds on it. the blade was red clearish plastic IIRC. you pushed the sword into the back and it became the buttstock for the rifle part.

yep and it stuck thru as a bayonet.

I kinda wish I could find one agien just for old times sake. but i googled it and apprently its so damn obscure I cant find any info on it.,
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I had an old bicycle tire tube that i put my sharp pointed sticks in.  Later, I found out that I could drive rusty nails through on one side but it made it harder to carry so i made a belt rentention for it out of rope.  I would ride down the dirt roads to a tree row with a small creek running through it and practice killing trees with my "swords" and other assorted weapons.  This was all before the real weapons though.  I pretty much skipped the pellet gun stage and went straight for the Remington Speedmaster that I still have.  Many a frog, rabbit, squirrel died with that bad boy.

Now, looking back, my parents realize why i hoard weapons at my house now.  oh well...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:29:34 PM EDT
[#23]
REMCO bazooka and Remco mortar
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stretch Armstrong…

I don't think he ever implied otherwise.  Unless he said something about going back in time and taking a digital photo of an event he is talking about FROM HIS CHILDHOOD!

As for the color of Stretch's internals, I have no idea.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I asked my parents for a Freddy Krugar glove from the toy store around halloween. They denied, so I made my own out of box knive blades, duct tape, and a dirtbike glove.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Red Rider BB Gun, it killed a few rodents and broke a few windows.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#27]
I had a Mattel M16.  It made the cool machine gun sounds and everything.

The bastard neighbor kids put sand in it so it wouldn't shoot anymore.  Bitches...  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:54:40 PM EDT
[#28]
My toy was bazookas. Didnt have real toys was poor.

the bazooka /mortar was made like so, thick steel pipe about 3 feet long, and big CO2 catridges not the little ones but they were big ones... like 3 inches wide? 6 inches long?

anyways you take the C02 catridge after its been emptied and stuff about 500 Match heads into it (dont remember how many but i remember using all my parents matches they had). then you get a nice long wick.... light the wick and let her blow....

obviously when your young you dont think about things like that :) burned my brothers face pretty good when he stood behind the pipe while it was shooting... dumbass. oh well :) long ago in a land far away.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Red Rider BB Gun, it killed a few rodents and broke a few windows.

This was going to be my original answer.  Boy I used to fuck some shit up with that thing!  I sawed the stock off and would take it to elementry school in a duffel bag.  BB gun wars in the woods right after final bell.    
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh, God...

Swords, climbing claws, LOTS of knives, homemade traps, and of course
found the old man's pump shotty, an extra rusted barrel, hacksaw, and well...
let's just say I wasn't up on the NFA laws at the time...

after Mom found it, it was proptly returned to Title I status.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:33:38 PM EDT
[#31]
My cat
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:38:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:42:42 PM EDT
[#33]

I was around 9 years old when my dad picked this up for me at a sporting goods store. Oh yeah, I used it on a street light once, got in trouble for that.  Once a bunch of kids started a rock fight with my friends, and I pulled out the slingshot to even up the score. Sent one kid home crying to his mom. I held my breath about that one for a few days.  Never used it on a person again after that. I stuck mostly to soda cans and the occasional bird or squirrel.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/ebolamonkey/tesh.gif

Yeah nice edit.

The file path with ebolamonkey in it kinda gave away your returning banee status.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:55:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah nice edit.

The file path with ebolamonkey in it kinda gave away your returning banee status.

What?  It's still in another thread.  I'm just trying to see how much bandwidth photobucket allows.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:59:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah nice edit.

What?  It's still in another thread.  I'm just trying to see how much bandwidth photobucket allows.  

Sure sure...

Thus the seizure inducing gif and the deformities thread.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:00:54 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah nice edit.

Sure sure...

I'm confused.  Was there a member here named ebolamonkey that got banned?  That's my old AIM screenname, I first started using it in 2001.  I now use it whenever I can't think of anything else.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:02:27 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah nice edit.

Sure sure...

I'm confused.  Was there a member here named ebolamonkey that got banned?  That's my old AIM screenname, I first started using it in 2001.  I now use it whenever I can't think of anything else.  

Yeah, that'll fly. Go with it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:03:32 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah nice edit.

Sure sure...

What the hell are you talking about?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:05:48 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah nice edit.

Sure sure...

I'm talking about you being a thread crapping troll.
Do what you can now. Your ability to post will be short lived.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:06:31 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah nice edit.

Sure sure...

I'm talking about you being a thread crapping troll.
Do what you can now. Your ability to post will be short lived.

OK, that's fine.  I thought you meant that I had been banned from this site before, and was trying to hide it.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:10:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:34:24 AM EDT
[#43]
A BB Gun.

When I was 14, I made the best, and worst shot of my life.

Parents were gone.  I had a friend over and we decided to go into the back yard and shoot stuff.  

We were standing about 20 feet from the back of the house.  There happened to be a crowbar sitting on the ground from some work we'd been doing.  I asked the friend to throw it way up in the air, out into the yard, and I'd try to shoot it in the air.

Unbelieveably, I hit it.  We both stood there in shock when we heard the "Ting!!" of the BB hitting the crowbar in the air.  While we were gaping in awe, we heard this distinct crackling behind us.  When we looked, there was the ginormous 6' x 5' double-pane bay window behind us...with a little hole in it, cracking outward.  I started crying for fear of what Dad would do when he got home.

It took me months of extra yard/house work to pay off the $350 window replacement (probably would be $1000 today).  

I didn't play with the BB gun anymore....
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:36:07 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
A BB Gun.

When I was 14, I made the best, and worst shot of my life.

Parents were gone.  I had a friend over and we decided to go into the back yard and shoot stuff.  

We were standing about 20 feet from the back of the house.  There happened to be a crowbar sitting on the ground from some work we'd been doing.  I asked the friend to throw it way up in the air, out into the yard, and I'd try to shoot it in the air.

Unbelieveably, I hit it.  We both stood there in shock when we heard the "Ting!!" of the BB hitting the crowbar in the air.  While we were gaping in awe, we heard this distinct crackling behind us.  When we looked, there was the ginormous 6' x 5' double-pane bay window behind us...with a little hole in it, cracking outward.  I started crying for fear of what Dad would do when he got home.

It took me months of extra yard/house work to pay off the $350 window replacement (probably would be $1000 today).  

I didn't play with the BB gun anymore....

One of my neighbors shot a hole in my window when I was in the room.  It clearly came from the house behind ours, but the police were unable to do anything.  I would feel REALLY bad if I shot out someone's window, and would do whatever I could to make it right.  

That's one of the reasons I don't like BB guns, they richochet too easily.  Pellet guns are more accurate, more powerful, and the lead pellets flatten pretty easily rather than ricochet.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:48:01 AM EDT
[#45]
that would have gone swiftly to the trash, or in some younger neighborhood kid's window at night.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:50:33 AM EDT
[#46]

I admitt to playing helter skelter with the 1 I had.

I liked the stretch monster though, go figure.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:01:31 AM EDT
[#47]
matches and gasoline

I had all the evil toys and my dad or mom never said a damn thing except don't hurt your sister
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:58:41 AM EDT
[#48]
yard darts at grandma's house
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:32:38 AM EDT
[#49]
I had a toy AK-47 my dad got me. It was almost actual size, had brown plastic for the wood stock, and made an "Evil" full auto sound.
Also had a Mac-10 with a Can and folding wire stock. It was a friction gun so when you pulled the trigger it sparked, and it came with a suitcase type thing to hide it in.

This was before I got my Wrist Rocket though

I could play pretty much how I wanted(and with whatever my devious mind came up with) too and as someone said the only rule was "Don't Hurt Your Sister"
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:41:34 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
www.boysstuff.co.uk/images/prod_zoom_center/black_widow_main_500_83824_51007.jpg

I was around 9 years old when my dad picked this up for me at a sporting goods store. Oh yeah, I used it on a street light once, got in trouble for that.  Once a bunch of kids started a rock fight with my friends, and I pulled out the slingshot to even up the score. Sent one kid home crying to his mom. I held my breath about that one for a few days.  Never used it on a person again after that. I stuck mostly to soda cans and the occasional bird or squirrel.

I launched arrows with mine.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top