Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 4:36:28 PM EDT
They won't carry "black rifles"....because they are evil and scary.

Part of the duck and deer hunting crowd that won't support the 2nd Amendment.

So do you still shop there?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]
They don't have a store in the DFW area and they don't have truck parking at the stores they do have.

So, "no".

I go to Cabelas.  THEY have truck parking AND EBR's
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Per a conversation with a clerk while checking out a PX4, they'll order you the S&W MP-15.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Per a conversation with a clerk while checking out a PX4, they'll order you the S&W MP-15.

Which one? Because the store I inquired at, they told me that corporate wouldn't allow "the evil black ones".
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]
If they have a good deal I'll certainly buy from them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Which one? Because the store I inquired at, they told me that corporate wouldn't allow "the evil black ones".

Store #171, Utica, MI. Not bad prices on the handguns, either.

It is a bit out of my way, but I go to Gander Mountain for gun cleaning supplies. Sometimes they have great deals on shotshells, but I wasn't terribly impressed with pistol/rifle ammo prices.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#7]
the local one here doesn't have any EVR's but it does have the FMJ ammo for them
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Do we have to go through this again?

Their slogan is "Hunt Fish Camp."  Just because they cater to the more prevalent hunting community instead of keeping niche guns in stock doesn't make them "against you."  They have a target market that their market research has backed up.

Why don't you boycott McDonalds for not selling Pan Pizzas, and Pizza Hut for not selling burgers?

Big deal.  At least they're a store you can go to that sells guns.  Some people will cut off their noses to spite their faces.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Not generally

No EBRs
They are assholes(used to be half way decent)

So if I go there it is to check shit out and buy elsewhere. Except for the gift cards people keep buying me from them. I try to make it real, real close.

Years ago I used to spend money there. Before they became a bunch of dicks. They are losing a lot of money but I doubt they see it that way.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#10]
They are doing to guns what walmart  and home depot are doing in hard good areas....they are killing off the small businessmen.  REAL gunsmiths with small storefronts rely on gun sales to round out their business   income.  They don't have the buying power and pricing that wholesalers have. Gander's wholesaling of guns is going to make small gun shops disappear from the american landscape. Then who will sell you your evil black rifles (assuming Hillary lets you keep them).

The only saving grace my gunsmith sees is that he's getting a lot of business from people who went to Gander's gunsmith first.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#11]
The GM in Greensboro, NC is very friendly, although they don't carry any semi-auto rifles at all except for the Browning BAR and Mini-14 I think.

I still shop there for non-gun stuff, I buy my AR stuff online anyway.  My local gun dealer told me he prefers transfers to stocking gun himself, he makes the same amount of money and doesn't have to worry about investing his own money into stocking the firearm.  Since then I've bought all my guns online and had him do the transfer, except for the few FTF transfers that is.

I also buy all my reloading supplies from the local guy.  Most everything else comes from MidwayUSA, especially since I got dealer status there now.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Back when I was going crazy trying to find an SAR-1 I was calling every store that I thought might have guns, includeing Cabelas, as I recall the conversation went something like this:

Clerk: Thank you for calling Cabelas, how can I help you?

Me: Hi, I was wondering if you have any SAR-1's....

Clerk: Whats that?

Me: It's a Romanian Kalashnikov clone....

Clerk: Is that a rifle?

Me: Yes

Clerk: Can you describe it?

Me: It's an AK-47....

Clerk: (Disstainfull, and Condesendingly) We don't carry any "Assault Weapons"

Me: OK....click....
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Back when I was going crazy trying to find an SAR-1 I was calling every store that I thought might have guns, includeing Cabelas, as I recall the conversation went something like this:

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I buy guns and ammo from them
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I was in the Saginaw MI store last weekend.  The counter guy was BS'n with a guy who just got back from the Sandbox.  They were handling a Beretta Storm.  Seems evil & black enough to me.

I buy powder & primers from them when they are on sale.  This time of year the winter line is on clearance.  I really like the flannel shirts they sell.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:30:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Hmm, i have never seen a AR on the shelf. But my store here in ohio has had many M1A's(m-14). Most have been National Match. And carry glock's and Xd's.

No there not all into tactail items, this store has had some high cap. mags for many type's of weapons. There base customers are the deer hunters and fisherman,So take that and go with it. You don't go to Gaint Eagle to buy flip flop's, But they might have some on sale in a cart.hippie.gif
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:41:12 AM EDT
[#17]
I really don't go in there much anymore. It's not so much that they don't carry EBR's, but the fact that the stuff they carry, for the most part, is a bunch of crap.

It's really catered towards the casual hunter and shooter, not the enthusiast.

I got tired of walking in there looking for something, not finding it, asking the clerk if they had it or could order it, only to get a dumb look because they had no idea what I was talking about.

It is quite funny that they carry Surefire flashlights though . Doesn't seem to fit the rest of the store's profile.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:42:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:47:14 AM EDT
[#19]
The ammo selection is nice but I still think it's priced high. The fact that they carry chromed out Desert eagles with gold accents helps them get people to finger the guns alot! I don't "support " them but I may buy something in the future if I see something I like!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:49:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hmm, i have never seen a AR on the shelf. But my store here in ohio has had many M1A's(m-14). Most have been National Match. And carry glock's and Xd's.

No there not all into tactail items, this store has had some high cap. mags for many type's of weapons. There base customers are the deer hunters and fisherman,So take that and go with it. You don't go to Gaint Eagle to buy flip flop's, But they might have some on sale in a cart.

I didn't know that. Thanks!

Glad to see they aren't afraid of magazine fed firearms.

* I'll purchase ammo from them before I would Walmart, but the only time I'd buy ammo there is, because I am low and they are right on the way to the range and the range charges 2 times the going rate for ammo. Most of the ammo I purchase isn't from chain stores.

Gander Mountain isn't too bad, but it's sad to see stores cow down to liberal pc bull, because they are afraid of what liberal campers might think.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:55:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:57:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Then don't click on it.

Wow...what a novel idea!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:06:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:21:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe you should try calling the gun department at a store instead of a customer service rep. Not everybody know that much about guns. Yes they do carry "Assault Weapons" I see em over at the store all the time.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:29:37 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm shocked the Utica store would carry EBRs! A couple years ago I specifically asked them on two occasions if they'd order an M1a for me due to them having Springfield 1911s in their display cases... They said "no".

Big deal, go to another gun store and try there. I did buy my Kimber Gold Match there, they pricematched another place and I got a great deal there (I do not think they do that anymore). I shop Gander Mountain all the time and will continue to do so.

FWIW do you get bent out of shape when Wal Mart doesn't have ARs too? Some of you guys are too much. So what if some places don't carry everything you want...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:33:16 AM EDT
[#26]
I stop by every once in a while to check out the clearance ammo section. I bought 14 boxes of Blazer 9mm there once for $3.16/box. I hardly ever look at the guns as the pistols are the only thing they carry that interests me and they are priced 25-30% higher than every other shop in the area.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

So do you still shop there?

If they have what I'm looking for (rare) at a price I'm willing to pay (more rare), of course I will shop there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#28]
As the freedom lovers we all purport ourselves to be, we must remember that it is a business's right to sell or not sell whatever they choose.  As long as they do not act in any way to jeopardize my right to own whatever I choose or buy whatever I choose, such as publicly speaking out against gun ownership or supporting anti-gun organizations I respect their right to sell what the choose.

Gander does carry a damn nice selection of handguns, and with their nationwide chain of stores they usually tend to have about anything you might want in one of their stores and they will get it for you if you ask.

I buy my EBR's through other sources.  Heck I personally BUILD all my EBR's.  I think buying one is a waste of money, but just because you buy finished guns doesn't make me think you are silly.

To each their own, and +1 for the freedom we have in this country to sell the merchandise we choose to...

You don't like their policies then tell them, and then vote with your wallet and support your local mom and pop FFL to buy the evil stuff!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:46:58 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I'm shocked the Utica store would carry EBRs! A couple years ago I specifically asked them on two occasions if they'd order an M1a for me due to them having Springfield 1911s in their display cases... They said "no".

Big deal, go to another gun store and try there. I did buy my Kimber Gold Match there, they pricematched another place and I got a great deal there (I do not think they do that anymore). I shop Gander Mountain all the time and will continue to do so.

FWIW do you get bent out of shape when Wal Mart doesn't have ARs too? Some of you guys are too much. So what if some places don't carry everything you want...

It's not a point of not carrying what you want, it's about caving into the polticially correct BS pushed by people that do not support the Bill of Rights. THAT'S what it's about.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:53:13 AM EDT
[#30]
The Gander Mtn in Marquette won't sell ultra compact pistols(3" barrel or less) to anyone who isn't LEO. They refused two of my friends even though they hold a CCL.
These weapons were in their display case.
Assholes
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:57:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The Gander Mtn in Marquette won't sell ultra compact pistols(3" barrel or less) to anyone who isn't LEO. They refused two of my friends even though they hold a CCL.
These weapons were in their display case.
Assholes

Funny. The one I shop at in Chambersburg, PA sells lots of snubby revolvers and pocket pistols. They carry Kel-Tec P3ATs, NAA .380s, Kahr PM9s, etc., and sell them to anyone with money and who can pass the NICS check.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:58:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Then don't click on it.

Wow...what a novel idea!

Don't tell me what not to click on.  You not my mommy.  If you didn't want people to read this, then I guess you shouldn't have posted it in a forum

If you don't like their policy, then don't shop there, nuff said.  Tell the truth, would you even buy a EBR from a GM, SW, Dicks, Cabelas, Academy, or any big chain that sell bare bones guns for no type of "deal"?  Or would you rather build you own, or get it from a small shop that sells them and would have a better idea of helping you get what you wanted?

I buy ammo and some cloths at GM because they have sales on stuff, unlike some small shop.  But for my Tacticool stuff I shop the little guys, because they will get what I want for me, and I like BSing with guys at small shops, different surounding, different people.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Then don't click on it.

Wow...what a novel idea!

Don't tell me what not to click on.  You not my mommy.  If you didn't want people to read this, then I guess you shouldn't have posted it in a forum

If you don't like their policy, then don't shop there, nuff said.  Tell the truth, would you even buy a EBR from a GM, SW, Dicks, Cabelas, Academy, or any big chain that sell bare bones guns for no type of "deal"?  Or would you rather build you own, or get it from a small shop that sells them and would have a better idea of helping you get what you wanted?

I buy ammo and some cloths at GM because they have sales on stuff, unlike some small shop.  But for my Tacticool stuff I shop the little guys, because they will get what I want for me, and I like BSing with guys at small shops, different surounding, different people.

If you don't like a subject, don't click on it. I wasn't "telling" you what to do, but clicking on a thread and then bitching about it shows how immature you are.

This thread is about PC bullshit by the way...if you didn't realize that.

And what the hell is..."tacticool"? Do you mean your airsoft stuff?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:27:36 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
If you don't like a subject, don't click on it. I wasn't "telling" you what to do, but clicking on a thread and then bitching about it shows how immature you are.

This thread is about PC bullshit by the way...if you didn't realize that.

And what the hell is..."tacticool"? Do you mean your airsoft stuff?

When was I bitching?  I said "+1" then I stated I shop there and why and I asked you/everybody a question, so where was I bitching?

You never even answered my question, you must be too busy trying to tell my how dumb I am

Yeah , that is what I was talking about was airsoft your slams hurt my feelings
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:28:15 AM EDT
[#35]
I shop there every once in awhile. They carry a nice selection of new and used handguns.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#36]

I buy non-gun stuff there and some of their stock when it was cheap.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Nationwide postedThey don't have a store in the DFW area and they don't have truck parking at the stores they do have.

The store in Sherman has plenty of truck parking. There is a Lowe's next door and the store is located where an old Super K Mart used to be. South east side of the US 75 and 82 intersection.

I buy cleaning supplies and fishing stuf there. They do carry pistols and hunting rifles and shotguns but no EBR's. Wally World on the other side of the crossroads is still cheaper on ammo though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#38]
i bought my 10/22 there, i asked them if they could do a transfer for a sub-2000 and they said "nope, we don't do transfers on military weapons like SKS or M1A"....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top