Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 2:20:56 PM EDT
I'm finally gonna take the plunge and buy a flat screen TV.  I've ruled out plasma mainly because of where is going to be (next to a window) the glare off the plasma would create a huge reflection.  Also, some of the past "war-stories" on plasmas makes you think they still have a few bugs to work out.  From the local guys I've talked to everyone is pointing to the LCD TV.  I just left Costco and next week they got $300.00 off on a Phillips 37' TV (list is about $2000.00).  I need some techinical help on what to look for.....resolution, etc.
Gracias..
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:03:46 AM EDT
[#1]
^
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:19:02 AM EDT
[#2]
if you can swing it, get one that displays 1080p.  That is the format the HD DVD players will be putting out.  It should look awesome but those sets might still be a little pricey.   I would also stay with name brands and I hear that costo has a great return policy so that should be a good place to buy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top